I'm *keeping* my Note 7..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I did it. There's another thread about this app. Hopefully it'll work if the 60% hits USA.

I did this also and I was going through looking at all the apps and notices that the GearVR was disabled. Will unchecking re-enable the GearVR that they disabled?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit that I'm jealous as I'm reading your posts about keeping your note 7 and some of you not even having to pay for them. I went back to take my accessories at the Verizon store and they told me to just keep them and they were going to credit my account anyway. Now I think I should have kept my note 7 because it was the best phone I had ever had.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before and I will continue saying it; I plan to keep my N7 till the new models (S8 or N8) are released. I do not see the sense in "downgrading" to an S7 Edge at it's full price. It's a 7 month old phone and should be discounted heavily. I also don't want to lose my upgrade for year knowing that a new phone is only a few months away.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I did this as well.we will see.I have had no issues with my note7 .I don't want to give it up.I have been using V20 for ways now .its a very nice phone .I am not happy with camera and it is certainly not my note7 which I love.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
My device payments have been stopped on both of our N7s, we were refunded the payments we already made, and the taxes we paid were refunded. We're keeping the phones as long as we can.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
My device payments have been stopped on both of our N7s, we were refunded the payments we already made, and the taxes we paid were refunded. We're keeping the phones as long as we can.

Did you initiate the return in store? I'm trying to understand the return process. Over the phone, a sprint store associate told me I'd have to bring my phone into the store. Thanks

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Picked up 2 s7 edge devices for my wife and me. Called Samsung for giggles to see how to return the Note 7 and they said it was a voluntary recall. The rep specifically said that the 1st recall was mandatory but the 2nd was voluntary. I'm going to use both but makes me wonder why they keep sending me messages about returning the device if it's voluntary.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Picked up 2 s7 edge devices for my wife and me. Called Samsung for giggles to see how to return the Note 7 and they said it was a voluntary recall. The rep specifically said that the 1st recall was mandatory but the 2nd was voluntary. I'm going to use both but makes me wonder why they keep sending me messages about returning the device if it's voluntary.
probably because they know there's nothing wrong with the remaining phones that are out in the wild and they're not as worried about it as they used to be! Hang on a minute while I adjust my tinfoil hat, but yeah something like that

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Verizon salesmen told me to keep mine when I preordered pixel xl. 128gigs got delayed till november so guess im going to enjoy the n7 for few more weeks :D.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Why put your own safety and the safety of others at risk because you don't want to give up your phone? There are just as good of phones on the market. The closest one to the Note7 is the S7 edge. It doesn't have an iris scanner or an S Pen, but other than those two things, who cares? I traded my Note7 for the silver 256GB iPhone 7 Plus and I don't have any regrets and I don't miss my Note7 at all.

The risk is very low. Like 0.004% and there are not just as good of phones. You mentioned the S7 EDGE lacking 2 significant features the IRIS scanner & stylus. It also has a slightly smaller screen only 32gb. I can fill 32gb up in no time as it is not enough storage. So that's 4 major features the S7 EDGE does not have that the Note 7 does.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
From a perspective of "how likely is it?" you're probably correct here. But from a perspective of, "how much MORE likely is it than ____?", it is so much more likely that it needs to be taken into account. Everyone has to make a call on what they feel is an acceptable level of risk for themselves and act accordingly - but to me it's a question of, "Given that phone A is X times more likely than phone B to injure me or cause undue stress dealing with other aspects of this type failure, so, given my desire to not deal with that kind of stuff, is it reasonable for me to accept this risk?" To me, it definitely is not worth that risk. To others, the device is good enough and their tolerance for dealing with that stuff may be higher and they're going to say the trade off is worth it. If Samsung does some of the stuff people say they might do to encourage returns, that decision may get reconsidered.

You are X more times more likely to get hit by lightning than win a 600m power ball. Does that make it significant? No it does not. Power on and enjoy your Note 7.☺

Status
Not open for further replies.