11-14-2016 03:15 PM
32 12
tools
    Folks, let's keep it real: This is NOT HAPPENING.
    Why? Because if Samsung were to do this, there would be a major marketing blitz in order to keep customers.
    So why aren't they denying it? Well, so that people can hold out hope and buy the S7.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    11-12-2016 11:00 AM
    Sorry double post
    11-12-2016 01:45 PM
    I had not heard of this specific rumour, but it would be interesting to have Samsung either put an end to this and other rumours or confirm. It would be great if this is truly one of the other things they are doing to generate good customer service to their patrons.
    11-12-2016 03:43 PM
    The rumors are making it very hard to decide. Free s8 upgrade and I'll pick up an S7 without hesitation. But that's only speculation. I'm just sticking with the n7 for now until I feel inspired on something or hear more on this. Or I guess until they disable it or it blows up.
    There isn't going to be a free phone. Maybe a free hug but that's it. Lol
    11-13-2016 12:57 AM
    Rumor mills are going and so far Sammy hasn't come out saying they are false. so those who still have their N7 (i haven't gotten a box yet) are you going to move to the S7 or S7E in hopes that these rumors are true and if you "Upgrade" to the S7 or S7E from the N7 you'll get a free or discounted S8 or N8 (or whatever the new name of it is)?

Or are you just going to go with whatever backup you have and if the rumor does become true but they add a cutoff time stipulation that we misded out on by not switching to the S7 or S7E in time and just start fresh when the S8/N8 come out.
    Just curious, where have you seen/heard these rumors?
    11-13-2016 12:58 AM
    Just curious, where have you seen/heard these rumors?
    Came out weeks ago but it's for Korea only ....
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.andro...ndroid-verizon
    11-13-2016 12:11 PM
    Folks, let's keep it real: This is NOT HAPPENING.
    Why? Because if Samsung were to do this, there would be a major marketing blitz in order to keep customers.
    So why aren't they denying it? Well, so that people can hold out hope and buy the S7.
    Yeah, at this point, I'd be highly surprised of them offering the SAME exchange program that South Korea got. However, if Samsung doesn't give us N7 owners some kind of incentive or discount for the new S8/N8 (especially those who stuck with Samsung), I will rage beyond all belief. I'd go all in on those lawsuits.

Honestly, I thought that this exchange program was BY FAR the best answer in the beginning when the first recall occurred (and wrote about it repeatedly on multiple forums) and it just blows my mind that Samsung wouldn't follow suit with such an obvious idea especially when they're instituting it in South Korea. However, seeing how they've handled/bungled this whole N7 situation, I wouldn't be surprised by them dropping the ball AGAIN...
    11-14-2016 03:15 PM
32 12