11-14-2016 03:15 PM
32 12
tools
    Rumor mills are going and so far Sammy hasn't come out saying they are false. so those who still have their N7 (i haven't gotten a box yet) are you going to move to the S7 or S7E in hopes that these rumors are true and if you "Upgrade" to the S7 or S7E from the N7 you'll get a free or discounted S8 or N8 (or whatever the new name of it is)?

Or are you just going to go with whatever backup you have and if the rumor does become true but they add a cutoff time stipulation that we misded out on by not switching to the S7 or S7E in time and just start fresh when the S8/N8 come out.
    DX9 likes this.
    10-24-2016 02:51 PM
    I was thinking of buying a Note 7 around November, but ...

Now I'm going to watch the 8 carefully for a few months, to see if any of them blow up.
    10-24-2016 03:54 PM
    What is factual is there will be a S8 & N8 possible renamed not released at the same time
    10-24-2016 05:05 PM
    I have switched to the regular S7 and since the news published about the s7 edge blowing up... worried about Samsung in general now. It's very creepy, very odd, very weird.. not sure what to do here exactly, might trade in for a LG or iPhone.
    10-24-2016 05:57 PM
    I have switched to the regular S7 and since the news published about the s7 edge blowing up... worried about Samsung in general now. It's very creepy, very odd, very weird.. not sure what to do here exactly, might trade in for a LG or iPhone.
    Where did you see a S7E blowing up? Only been Note 7 unless I missed something.
    10-24-2016 06:47 PM
    Where did you see a S7E blowing up? Only been Note 7 unless I missed something.
    There was an article on Yahoo about it today
    10-24-2016 07:43 PM
    The rumors are making it very hard to decide. Free s8 upgrade and I'll pick up an S7 without hesitation. But that's only speculation. I'm just sticking with the n7 for now until I feel inspired on something or hear more on this. Or I guess until they disable it or it blows up.
    10-24-2016 08:05 PM
    The rumors are making it very hard to decide. Free s8 upgrade and I'll pick up an S7 without hesitation. But that's only speculation. I'm just sticking with the n7 for now until I feel inspired on something or hear more on this. Or I guess until they disable it or it blows up.
    Right. If I can get something in writing saying I can upgrade to S8 and just continue from there woth the payments or with the N8 id be more open to sending back my N7 (can't send it back til they send me a box) but atleast id know there is light at the end of the tunnel
    Serkle K and VysheKryshi like this.
    10-24-2016 08:23 PM
    I too would like to know if this is true. I did briefly jump ship to the LG v20 but I'll go to s7edge if they will give me a free or deeply discounted s8 when they come out. That would be awesome! I'm a die hard samsung fan. I love the s pen. I worship the camera. I hope e find out something in about 11 days. That's when I'd have to return this v20
    10-24-2016 08:55 PM
    I'm totally keeping the Note 7 because I want to prove that there is nothing wrong with these phones. Even if I end up losing my money. I just really believe Google is trying to sabotage Samsung.
    10-24-2016 09:38 PM
    Not far at all to skip those of us who chose the Note5. I don't t like the S7 or 7edge
    10-24-2016 10:48 PM
    What is factual is there will be a S8 & N8 possible renamed not released at the same time
    I can't believe that the Note 8 will be released in March or April. That doesn't give them a lot of time to develop the Note 8 when it usually doesn't come out until later in August. Unless the Note 8 will be very similar in design and specs to the Note 7 then they don't have to spend as much time developing it except tweaks to the batter and such so they don't kaboom and something rushed as the Note 8 would be in the spring I certainly wouldn't want to be an early adopter on that one!
    10-24-2016 11:04 PM
    Is nobody here worried at all? You really want to switch to an s7 edge? Article was posted today, s7 edge blowing up... I wouldn't do the switch...
    10-24-2016 11:08 PM
    Is nobody here worried at all? You really want to switch to an s7 edge? Article was posted today, s7 edge blowing up... I wouldn't do the switch...
    Then buy a phone without a battery. That is your only absolute safe option. There will be articles written about Samsung for months to come as people will click on them. While every other device that has any issue will mostly go ignored.
    10-24-2016 11:15 PM
    Because it's a Yahoo news article I won't believe it till a more reliable source says something.
    10-25-2016 01:48 AM
    Iphones are catching fire and blowing up too.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=737157
    10-25-2016 03:26 AM
    All phones have caught fire!! How long has the s7 edge been out? And how many cases have caught on fire? There's no issue there whatsoever.
    10-25-2016 05:09 AM
    So 1 phone blew up and you are jumping ship? Do you know how it blew up? I think it's all media trying to scare people, or like the other guy said, it's another phone company trying to take down the giant. Why all of a sudden are these phones blowing up, it's not like Samsung is a new company that just came out, they've been doing this for years......
    10-25-2016 05:21 AM
    You just showed up and more than half of your posts are telling people to be afraid. Why?
    10-25-2016 11:22 AM
    Shhh, nobody is interested in that
    WalkingHorse and VysheKryshi like this.
    10-27-2016 04:16 AM
    Because it's a Yahoo news article I won't believe it till a more reliable source says something.
    This is an offer for S. Korea ONLY at this point. There is nothing on an offer like this anywhere else in the world...bummer.

Samsung offers upgrade program for South Korea Note 7 customers | Reuters
    10-28-2016 04:49 PM
    My exact thoughts. If it's confirmed that those who move away from the N7 to an S7E/S7 will get a heavily discounted N8/S8E then I'm all in. It's the least Sammy should do for us that wanted (and still want) a Note 7 but are being "forced" to downgrade to something lesser. Until this is officially confirmed I'm hanging on to my N7.

VysheKryshi and recDNA like this.
    10-28-2016 06:12 PM
    This is an offer for S. Korea ONLY at this point. There is nothing on an offer like this anywhere else in the world...bummer.

Samsung offers upgrade program for South Korea Note 7 customers | Reuters

Sounds like a class action lawsuit in the making. If we wanted a s7 or s7e then we wouldn't have waited for the n7. Clearly we would be interested in the n8 but not at all interested in being stuck with a s7 for 2 years. Watching only S Korean customers get this offer is a slap in the face. No way in the world I'll be stepping down to a s7 now.

I might pick up a pixel or nexus 6p off contract.
    dejanh, recDNA and mmsean like this.
    10-29-2016 05:21 PM
    Has there been any more info or rumors coming out about this "upgrade" plan outside of South Korea? I haven't heard anything at all and I honestly have so little faith in Samsung of America to do the right thing and give us this option. My family just switched all to S7E's due to the great Target deal right now ($150 off plus 256GB memory card) but part of it was for the off chance that this promotion was released in the US as well.
    11-06-2016 10:14 AM
    Has there been any more info or rumors coming out about this "upgrade" plan outside of South Korea? I haven't heard anything at all and I honestly have so little faith in Samsung of America to do the right thing and give us this option. My family just switched all to S7E's due to the great Target deal right now ($150 off plus 256GB memory card) but part of it was for the off chance that this promotion was released in the US as well.
    Doesn't that require a new line or a 2 year contract?
    11-11-2016 08:28 PM
32 12