New Samsung Update to European Note 7's limiting battery to 60%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-Notetaking-6-840x560.jpg

It Has Begun!!! With two-thirds of Note 7 devices have been replaced in Europe to date, and it hopes this new battery-limiting software update will get the other third returned. It will not be long before it reaches the U.S. and other countries where people are holding on to their devices. Samsung has already started pushing notifications and other forms of direct communication to users, and keeping everyone up to date on all relevant social media channels.

European Galaxy Note 7 devices are getting a battery-limiting update

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Good.

I hope that update comes to the US. It's incredibly selfish for people to keep their Note7s, knowing about the problems associated with that phone. You're putting your own safety at risk by continuing to use the phone as well as the safety of others.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good.

I hope that update comes to the US. It's incredibly selfish for people to keep their Note7s, knowing about the problems associated with that phone. You're putting your own safety at risk by continuing to use the phone as well as the safety of others.

Blah, Blah, Blah...... oh and by the way alot of people won't get that update. Because they are blocking their phones for updates, in case you haven't been reading....

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Blah, Blah, Blah...... oh and by the way alot of people won't get that update. Because they are blocking their phones for updates, in case you haven't been reading....
Simply ban of the imei will be the next step...The carriers will be willingly providing service for phones that aren't supposed to be in operation ...I give it til the end of the year before the full weight of this hammer drops....

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Simply ban of the imei will be the next step...The carriers will be willingly providing service for phones that aren't supposed to be in operation ...I give it til the end of the year before the full weight of this hammer drops....
And most people already know this.....but they have decided to keep their phones, rehashing it isn't making anyone who kept their phone run for the hills. I already got a LG V20....and I am back and forth between the 2. I will keep mine until the end. End of story. And I say this honestly without trying to be rude to anyone.
Now how are they going to ban an IMEI, I might not understand it. To me it's just a number on a phone, like a manufacture number (again maybe I don't understand what it stands for)...wouldn't cutting the service off or refusing to continue service for that customer be more effective?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
And most people already know this.....but they have decided to keep their phones, rehashing it isn't making anyone who kept their phone run for the hills. I already got a LG V20....and I am back and forth between the 2. I will keep mine until the end. End of story. And I say this honestly without trying to be rude to anyone.
Now how are they going to ban an IMEI, I might not understand it. To me it's just a number on a phone, like a manufacture number (again maybe I don't understand what it stands for)...wouldn't cutting the service off or refusing to continue service for that customer be more effective?

I am sure there are more reasons but I know that the IMEI identifies the phone to your carrier so that it could also send the appropriate configurations if necessary. Cutting off service to the customer only cuts service to the customer, but it's nothing to prevent that phone from being used under another account.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's what I was going to say because that can likely be fixed and that's all I'm gonna say about that cause I don't want to get yelled at 😜. (Sent from my still awesome and not hot at all Note 7)

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon told me yesterday they have no plans to cut service to the N7. One reason is because they do not want to make customers leave. The other is there are way too many still in use. The ban on the airlines is enough as far as big red is concerned.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Good.

Blocked updates on mine. We get it, you think they're dangerous.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Still using mine every day all day, i take no special precautions when chagrining or using it. The vast majority of these phone are fine.

Short of an straight out bricking of the phone i am going to use it until i at least get a good look at the S8. Heck even if they do brick it i may keep it just to bug people.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Blocked updates on mine. We get it, you think they're dangerous.

It's not a matter of what I think. I look at the evidence, and so did Samsung and all phone carriers.

This is akin to continuing to drive a car after its been recalled because of faulty airbags and you don't want to turn it in because you like the color of the car.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If they wanted to ban IMEI numbers they could hand the carriers a list of all Note 7 IMEI numbers within the US. The IMEI number is like your "unique code" for your device. When you slap a SIM into a phone it checks the SIM and tries to connect to the network. Upon trying this connection it also verifies the IMEI is valid. Normally they are but in the case of stolen / lost phones an IMEI can be blacklisted. This happens when you say your phone was stolen. This way once the IMEI goes on the blacklist it won't work on any carrier since they all share this blacklist.

Hence the idea some have that if they do this all Note 7s will not work on any network no matter what you do.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not a matter of what I think. I look at the evidence, and so did Samsung and all phone carriers.

This is akin to continuing to drive a car after its been recalled because of faulty airbags and you don't want to turn it in because you like the color of the car.
Evidence shows that the recall was probably too hasty. They can't even recreate it. If they can't even recreate it when they're trying to, I'm not worried about it happening with mine. And at the rates they've had problems, it's more akin to just driving. Because there's always a chance you'll have an accident. I'll have to give mine up eventually, but some of us aren't scared of the phone like you are. So you can say we should return it until you're blue in the face. I don't think that's going to change any of our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance