New Samsung Update to European Note 7's limiting battery to 60%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It's not a matter of what I think. I look at the evidence, and so did Samsung and all phone carriers.

This is akin to continuing to drive a car after its been recalled because of faulty airbags and you don't want to turn it in because you like the color of the car.

You do know their is a airbag recall right? I don't see a ban on driving those specific cars on the same roads everyone else is on. I own 3 different makes. All I received was a letter saying when the parts are in, you will be contacted.

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
And most people already know this.....but they have decided to keep their phones, rehashing it isn't making anyone who kept their phone run for the hills. I already got a LG V20....and I am back and forth between the 2. I will keep mine until the end. End of story. And I say this honestly without trying to be rude to anyone.
Now how are they going to ban an IMEI, I might not understand it. To me it's just a number on a phone, like a manufacture number (again maybe I don't understand what it stands for)...wouldn't cutting the service off or refusing to continue service for that customer be more effective?
They can block the phone from being used on their network by the imei number just like if you reported it stolen.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon told me yesterday they have no plans to cut service to the N7. One reason is because they do not want to make customers leave. The other is there are way too many still in use. The ban on the airlines is enough as far as big red is concerned.

So if you're on Verizon they are just going to let us use the phone for free? I find that hard to believe but so far I've heard of no deadline to return or get charged

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So if you're on Verizon they are just going to let us use the phone for free? I find that hard to believe but so far I've heard of no deadline to return or get charged
Oh I am sure they will want money for them, but at the same time how do they charge on a recalled device. Samsung ate the bill for that. They said they would charge for it, but then said that's kinda illegal to do on recalled products.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Oh I am sure they will want money for them, but at the same time how do they charge on a recalled device. Samsung ate the bill for that. They said they would charge for it, but then said that's kinda illegal to do on recalled products.

On the Verizon website right now my Note7 is showing with a device payment (so they at least are charging me) and the upgrade date on my line is showing for 2018 (for a short time after the second recall was announced the upgrade date had been reset)

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did not want to turn in my N7, but it just came down to not dealing with the daily emails, text to power down and the internet articles.
For me it wasn't worth it thinking about it everyday I picked up the Note. I waited until AT&T got the V20 in stock and I made the swap.
Overall I am happy with the V20. Its very smooth and fast. Its not the N7, but nothing is. We didn't have a large selection of devices to choose from.
I am more aggravated at Samsung for screwing up a great phone and leaving the customer to deal with this cr@p, not once but twice.
Ill wait to see what they come out with next. Its going to have to be something great to make me do another switch.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon website right now my Note7 is showing with a device payment (so they at least are charging me) and the upgrade date on my line is showing for 2018 (for a short time after the second recall was announced the upgrade date had been reset)

That's so strange. Mine was wiped out completely the day after the second recall without me doing anything. I just double checked and it's not on my account anywhere. I was also credited taxes on both N7's (1st and 2nd recall) as well. Still waiting on the $100 credit for exchanging my N7 for another Samsung phone (S7e) AND still waiting for my box to send my 2nd gen N7 back to Samsung.

Did you order your Note directly from VZW?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

You're right in that they cannot SELL (or distribute in the case of a lease) a recalled device. Remember that the folks who bought the Note 7 have already been charged. People bought what turned out later to be a defective device that was recalled by the manufacturer, and those people are repaying the folks from whom they borrowed the money. Their beef is with the manufacturer, not the retailer. And that just may happen to be the carrier. It's no different than withholding your car payment if the car is recalled. Ford has been paid by your lender, and the lender will want to be repaid even if that shiny new Ford is recalled.

Nobody is hurting Samsung by not paying for the device, unless Samsung directly sold the device. The carrier or retailer is the one getting stiffed (disregarding any retailer compensation from Samsung). I've not been keeping a close eye on the return and refund process here, because there are just too many different processes to cover. I'd expect that every carrier and retailer has its own way to get it done. At some point, Verizon or Sprint or AT&T or Best Buy or [**insert retailer here**] will rightly want their money if the device has not been returned, because I'm fairly certain that Samsung isn't going to cover the costs for a device that remains in the wild.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
That's so strange. Mine was wiped out completely the day after the second recall without me doing anything. I just double checked and it's not on my account anywhere. I was also credited taxes on both N7's (1st and 2nd recall) as well. Still waiting on the $100 credit for exchanging my N7 for another Samsung phone (S7e) AND still waiting for my box to send my 2nd gen N7 back to Samsung.

Did you order your Note directly from VZW?

yes i did, pre-ordered the first one through verizon.com, and the replacement one from verizon on the phone.

Fetid

Banned
Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I got the software update notification, so I installed Package Disabler Pro and disabled software updates but it doesn't show the UrgentFW update packages.

Also anyone who has applied the update, does it still have the option to change it to 80%?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the software update notification, so I installed Package Disabler Pro and disabled software updates but it doesn't show the UrgentFW update packages.

Also anyone who has applied the update, does it still have the option to change it to 80%?
You're going to need a different application than Package Disabler Pro or EZ Disabler to do this now. Both of those applications were conspicuously just updated to disallow disabling update related packages. I guess "Any" in the app description now needs a * beside it. Kind of like "any package except those that we decide you won't be able to disable".

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

They say you need older version 6.3
Wondering if anyone installed the APK file & does it work

Can someone give Step by Step instructions on how to ?
Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma