11-01-2016 04:45 AM
52 123
tools
    Verizon told me yesterday they have no plans to cut service to the N7. One reason is because they do not want to make customers leave. The other is there are way too many still in use. The ban on the airlines is enough as far as big red is concerned.
    So if you're on Verizon they are just going to let us use the phone for free? I find that hard to believe but so far I've heard of no deadline to return or get charged
    10-26-2016 11:35 AM
    Well, until it hits the US, I'm still a satisfied Note 7 user.
    Lol I don't know. SPRINT doesn't seem to be playing games.
    Attached Thumbnails New Samsung Update to European Note 7's limiting battery to 60%!-1800.jpg  
    10-26-2016 11:46 AM
    Here I made this a couple of days ago:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5513668
    Yep, just go to Shanda's link. That's basically what I did to disable mine.
    How do you block updates?
    10-26-2016 12:06 PM
    So if you're on Verizon they are just going to let us use the phone for free? I find that hard to believe but so far I've heard of no deadline to return or get charged
    Oh I am sure they will want money for them, but at the same time how do they charge on a recalled device. Samsung ate the bill for that. They said they would charge for it, but then said that's kinda illegal to do on recalled products.
    10-26-2016 01:49 PM
    Oh I am sure they will want money for them, but at the same time how do they charge on a recalled device. Samsung ate the bill for that. They said they would charge for it, but then said that's kinda illegal to do on recalled products.
    On the Verizon website right now my Note7 is showing with a device payment (so they at least are charging me) and the upgrade date on my line is showing for 2018 (for a short time after the second recall was announced the upgrade date had been reset)
    10-26-2016 02:49 PM
    Mine just factory reset itself all on it's own. Nothing I could do. Guess the purge is on.
    10-26-2016 03:09 PM
    I did not want to turn in my N7, but it just came down to not dealing with the daily emails, text to power down and the internet articles.
    For me it wasn't worth it thinking about it everyday I picked up the Note. I waited until AT&T got the V20 in stock and I made the swap.
    Overall I am happy with the V20. Its very smooth and fast. Its not the N7, but nothing is. We didn't have a large selection of devices to choose from.
    I am more aggravated at Samsung for screwing up a great phone and leaving the customer to deal with this cr@p, not once but twice.
    Ill wait to see what they come out with next. Its going to have to be something great to make me do another switch.
    10-26-2016 03:25 PM
    On the Verizon website right now my Note7 is showing with a device payment (so they at least are charging me) and the upgrade date on my line is showing for 2018 (for a short time after the second recall was announced the upgrade date had been reset)
    That's so strange. Mine was wiped out completely the day after the second recall without me doing anything. I just double checked and it's not on my account anywhere. I was also credited taxes on both N7's (1st and 2nd recall) as well. Still waiting on the $100 credit for exchanging my N7 for another Samsung phone (S7e) AND still waiting for my box to send my 2nd gen N7 back to Samsung.

Did you order your Note directly from VZW?
    10-26-2016 04:10 PM
    You're right in that they cannot SELL (or distribute in the case of a lease) a recalled device. Remember that the folks who bought the Note 7 have already been charged. People bought what turned out later to be a defective device that was recalled by the manufacturer, and those people are repaying the folks from whom they borrowed the money. Their beef is with the manufacturer, not the retailer. And that just may happen to be the carrier. It's no different than withholding your car payment if the car is recalled. Ford has been paid by your lender, and the lender will want to be repaid even if that shiny new Ford is recalled.

Nobody is hurting Samsung by not paying for the device, unless Samsung directly sold the device. The carrier or retailer is the one getting stiffed (disregarding any retailer compensation from Samsung). I've not been keeping a close eye on the return and refund process here, because there are just too many different processes to cover. I'd expect that every carrier and retailer has its own way to get it done. At some point, Verizon or Sprint or AT&T or Best Buy or [**insert retailer here**] will rightly want their money if the device has not been returned, because I'm fairly certain that Samsung isn't going to cover the costs for a device that remains in the wild.
    10-26-2016 05:06 PM
    That's so strange. Mine was wiped out completely the day after the second recall without me doing anything. I just double checked and it's not on my account anywhere. I was also credited taxes on both N7's (1st and 2nd recall) as well. Still waiting on the $100 credit for exchanging my N7 for another Samsung phone (S7e) AND still waiting for my box to send my 2nd gen N7 back to Samsung.

Did you order your Note directly from VZW?
    yes i did, pre-ordered the first one through verizon.com, and the replacement one from verizon on the phone.
    10-26-2016 06:34 PM
    Blocked updates on mine. We get it, you think they're dangerous.
    Blah, Blah, Blah...... oh and by the way alot of people won't get that update. Because they are blocking their phones for updates, in case you haven't been reading....
    HOW TO BLOCK UPDATES ?
    I saw this video -

Is this safe safe to do ?
    10-28-2016 08:17 AM
    I got the software update notification, so I installed Package Disabler Pro and disabled software updates but it doesn't show the UrgentFW update packages.

Also anyone who has applied the update, does it still have the option to change it to 80%?
    10-28-2016 02:52 PM
    I got the software update notification, so I installed Package Disabler Pro and disabled software updates but it doesn't show the UrgentFW update packages.

Also anyone who has applied the update, does it still have the option to change it to 80%?
    You're going to need a different application than Package Disabler Pro or EZ Disabler to do this now. Both of those applications were conspicuously just updated to disallow disabling update related packages. I guess "Any" in the app description now needs a * beside it. Kind of like "any package except those that we decide you won't be able to disable".
    10-28-2016 03:36 PM

They say you need older version 6.3
    Wondering if anyone installed the APK file & does it work

Can someone give Step by Step instructions on how to ?
    Please
    10-29-2016 07:47 AM
    They say you need older version 6.3
    Wondering if anyone installed the APK file & does it work

Can someone give Step by Step instructions on how to ?
    Please
    I've done that and it works fine. Previous posts have instructions.
    10-29-2016 12:28 PM
    I've done that and it works fine. Previous posts have instructions.
    This is 2nd Note 7 lol I installed it on
    & can you confirm that is all i need to do what i did in the Video
    Please

AFTER TIC DO WE NEED TO CLICK ON EACH LINE & CLCIK ON - ENABLE ?
    LIKE IN PICS
    Attached Thumbnails New Samsung Update to European Note 7's limiting battery to 60%!-screenshot_20161029-232937.jpg   New Samsung Update to European Note 7's limiting battery to 60%!-screenshot_20161029-232943.jpg  
    10-29-2016 02:05 PM
    Mod Note:Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    dejanh and Stoopstroop like this.
    10-30-2016 01:31 PM
    Got this Notification
    But phone still getting charged & is above 60%

but lets wait and see what happens
    ScottRx82 likes this.
    10-31-2016 08:25 AM
    Can you get the notification to go away?
    10-31-2016 08:49 AM
    Got this Notification
    But phone still getting charged & is above 60%

but lets wait and see what happens
    Oh.

Crap.
    10-31-2016 12:35 PM
    Hi all, i want to keep my Note 7 till Note 8 comes out. My note works great, can anyone help me please to explain me how to dodge this update? I mean the 60% cap on battery charge. Please explain me where to find the downloaded software. I turned my wi fi off and software only half of it has been downloaded. Now it must be somewhere inside the phone memory, can you please tell me where to find it and how to delete it? Thank you all.
    10-31-2016 03:52 PM
    HI, i turned off my updates but i have that software update coming through and i can,t stop it. with the updates off, where can i find the downloaded content? Help please.
    10-31-2016 03:59 PM
    If I told you, the post would be deleted for advocating piracy. Google is your friend.
    10-31-2016 04:02 PM
    Blah, Blah, Blah...... oh and by the way alot of people won't get that update. Because they are blocking their phones for updates, in case you haven't been reading....
    Which is why I hope they throw the kill switch.
    10-31-2016 05:32 PM
    Good.

I hope that update comes to the US. It's incredibly selfish for people to keep their Note7s, knowing about the problems associated with that phone. You're putting your own safety at risk by continuing to use the phone as well as the safety of others.
    I have installed package disabler on my note so the update won't be installed on mine 🙃
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-31-2016 05:36 PM
52 123