I'm still having a tough time pulling the plug on this 7! I traded my 5 in to upgrade to the 7, and just finally found a good deal on eBay for another 5. Now that it's here, I'm still having a hard time shutting it down. Why is this so hard?? Lol. My concern isn't safety. I'm not saying there isn't a real heating/burning issue with the 7, but I'm not convinced it's on the scale that we've been led to believe that it's on. My main issues are 1) will it be remotely bricked by Samsung/carriers, and 2) how would it affect my upgrade when the 8 comes out, especially if it's released earlier than normal next year. I could use my 5 if/when I fly. #firstworldproblems
    10-26-2016 10:37 AM
    I traded in my Note 5 as well. I know the feeling. No issues with my N7 and more than likely won't have any. But they are sending out updates to European N7 owners to reduce the battery charge to 60% to get them to turn them in. Only a matter of time before they do that or worse here in the US. I would stick with the N5 until something comes along better next year. I'm going with a V20 on Friday to get me by till I upgrade again next Summer. Getting a $200 Best Buy gift card out of it too.
    10-26-2016 02:53 PM
    I traded in my Note 5 as well. I know the feeling. No issues with my N7 and more than likely won't have any. But they are sending out updates to European N7 owners to reduce the battery charge to 60% to get them to turn them in. Only a matter of time before they do that or worse here in the US. I would stick with the N5 until something comes along better next year. I'm going with a V20 on Friday to get me by till I upgrade again next Summer. Getting a $200 Best Buy gift card out of it too.
    That update to keep the charge down to 60% already happened a couple weeks ago...unnoticed. I also had no issues whatsoever with my phone, but at the very moment I was sitting at Best Buy to exchange for the 7 Edge, a note popped up on my screen from Samsung telling me to power down & exchange immediately. I would not wait to exchange it unless you are using a backup phone..it's much easier to transfer your stuff from a live phone to a new one. Of course there's the cloud for backup, but not as complete as that wired transfer. Just say goodbye to your beyond awesome Note 7 & then do it!! I got the Edge & am extremely happy with it, got $100 off my Verizon bill & another $125 BB credit for acessories/whatever. :-)
    10-26-2016 03:19 PM
    I like the Note5 very responsive and no lag. Feels good in the hand. Battery life is decent. Spen is good. Will be happy when I have my 64gig. VERIZON has been great with all the issues.
    ticketbabe2 and WalkingHorse like this.
    10-26-2016 10:03 PM