True 'replacement' phone for the Note 7

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am raving about this phone specifically because we all know the Note 7 was "the most beautiful phone that ever was". Well now, we have a possible identical "replica", yet some of the specs simply blow away all competition bar none! Insane price tag of $1300 to prove it.
(The website I linked was used to give us an impression of what to expect. By all means check out some of the more established sites, such as gsmarena for more substantial information)
To be revealed on November 3rd.

I want it! Who's with me?
Who are we? Huawei.

(World's 3rd largest Cellphone Manufacturer. Who knew, right?)

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
LOL yeah, $1300 Huawei....

No offense but this is like the mobile equivalent of the Volkswagen Phaeton (largest carmaker in the world currently, who knew), look how well that one turned out. On the other hand, yay collectibles! No one's ever gonna buy it that it's bound to be -actually- rare. The exclusivity alone is worth it.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yet no one says "no stylus no dice" and rushes out to get the V20, Pixel, iPhone, etc, etc.
This is a Note 7esque Phone, and we are on the Note 7 forum. Strange.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yet no one says "no stylus no dice" and rushes out to get the V20, Pixel, iPhone, etc, etc.
This is a Note 7esque Phone, and we are on the Note 7 forum. Strange.
I already don't like how expensive phones are and that tag is just too much for me. Not saying it won't be good.. I can't comment till I read a review or a few people who got to play with it.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
$1300.

I think the smartphone world has gone crazy. When it comes down to it, we're talking about phones here.

I also think consumers in the USA don't really understand that by buying a phone at these prices (although carrier subsidized), they're essentially saying that's what the market is willing to pay.

Heck I could even stomach the price of the Note 7 since I really really liked that phone. Pixel XL and all these other 'premium in price only' wannabes need to stay on the bench.

Ridiculous.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Mate 8 (was a LOT cheaper) and it's fantastic. Other than not having an s pen, it's an amazing device.

I could be SO wrong here, but I thought I read an article a while back stating that there were different versions, the 4g of ram and the 6g of ram along with combinations of 32, 64 and 128g sized phones. I assumed the 1300 tag was most likely for the biggest. If that's true, I'll be getting a little guy (even though it looks like the rose gold won't be available in the cheapies, but that was a rumor so far....)

If it really does come down to 1300 bucks, I can't believe a lot of US users will be willing to try this. I mean, that IS the reason I tried the mate 8 in the first place, it was roughly 400 bucks (and, in my small opinion, equal to the Note 7).

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The only true replacement for the Note 7 will be the next Samsung Note. It's not about the form factor alone, and that phone doesn't look as nice as the Note 7 anyway. Price is ridiculous too.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
LOL yeah, $1300 Huawei....

No offense but this is like the mobile equivalent of the Volkswagen Phaeton (largest carmaker in the world currently, who knew), look how well that one turned out. On the other hand, yay collectibles! No one's ever gonna buy it that it's bound to be -actually- rare. The exclusivity alone is worth it.

Lol funny you mentioned that car. I was looking at getting another car....something thats really not out in my area and that car came up but I never knew the name. Find out it the same car I been looking at..it sits
on the same chassis as a Bentley Gt. So you know which one im leaming to get now...😅😅

Now that phone LOOKS nice...but at $1300??!!?? Geesh😔

Last edited:

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
LOL yeah, $1300 Huawei.....
1f1ad12f47fb6e01e344eb43ce0b9f2a.gif

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am actually happy with the Note5 and will be even happier to receive my 64gig which is on backorder.
I will be content with this phone. I am seeing with using the 32gig how responsive and snappy it is. It has been
EXCELLENT. With it being out of stock its popularity has increased and due to the demise of the Note7. But it shouldn't be dissed because it is a really good phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173