Without a case. And it survived, surprising well!
    I realize this might be a bit irrelevant since the physical durability of this phone is kind of a lost thought as many of us are planning on turning it in sooner than later. But despite the early reports right after the release of many people dropping the device and having it crack, it faired extremely well.
    I was walking the fur children, pulled my phone out to look at something and it flopped right onto the asphalt, bounced off the corner containing the s pen and landed flat on its face. Nothing other than a small scratch on the corner and that's it!

Still love the device and my heart dropped as I watched it tumble. But my first thought was "oh well, if it did get damaged I'd still get to turn it in anyway!" 😂
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-28-2016 11:47 AM
    I had the exact same experience, down to the small scratch. I dropped it a couple times inside as well. This phone was far more solid than it looked. And flammable I guess.
    10-28-2016 12:55 PM
    I had the opposite experience. Dropped it on to carpet (albeit rather thin carpet but carpet still) from slightly below waist height. Shattered the bottom left corner and left cracks running to the home button. Dropped again a few days later from waist height onto tile, shattered the bottom right corner even worse and put a few cracks going all the way up the display.

The curved edges are a massive failure point. The phone is overall very durable but VERY weak at certain angles, and theres just no way to tell where its going to hit when its dropped.
    10-28-2016 01:27 PM
    I had the opposite experience. Dropped it on to carpet (albeit rather thin carpet but carpet still) from slightly below waist height. Shattered the bottom left corner and left cracks running to the home button. Dropped again a few days later from waist height onto tile, shattered the bottom right corner even worse and put a few cracks going all the way up the display.

The curved edges are a massive failure point. The phone is overall very durable but VERY weak at certain angles, and theres just no way to tell where its going to hit when its dropped.
    I dropped mine pretty harshly 3 times this last week an I never drop my phone. It survived without a scratch. I did have a cheap $3 case from Amazon on it though. I just know if it wasn't recalled it would have shattered lol
    10-28-2016 02:09 PM
    I'm glad mine is gone before I dropped it and had to pay a deductible for faulty glass
    10-28-2016 02:12 PM
    I had a couple minor falls with my first phone in a case and the glass was cracked on one corner of the back. Kinda glad to not have a phone with glass on both sides going forward.
    10-28-2016 02:21 PM
    Yeah I can see how if dropped in a way or on a surface that the curved edge touches first, it could cause damage. Fortunately mine hit directly on the bezel and it must have absorbed enough of the impact that it kept the glass from cracking.

I'm glad mine is gone before I dropped it and had to pay a deductible for faulty glass
    I could be wrong, but almost certain I'm not- this second round of recalls, you can still turn your phone in for a full refund regardless of the condition. Even if I were to have cracked it and tried to get it fixed, since it's been discontinued I doubt I'd get any kind of deductible or replacement/New glass. Plan on checking out the V20 this weekend at my retailer and seeing what happens with it over the next week or two. It and the Oneplus 3 are my two current replacement phones I'm leaning towards
    10-28-2016 03:20 PM
    I am using my Note5 as my daily phone again after turning in my Note7 for the S7 Edge which is used as a mobile hotspot for home internet. At the AT&T store when doing this my Note7 was in the box and when sitting on a stool, my Note7 fell out of the box and to the floor it went, but not before hitting the base of the stool. It cracked that beautiful glass. Of all the times. So I dropped my Note last night...-1477687276384.jpg
    10-28-2016 03:41 PM
    That'll teach you guy buying a phone with a curve screen. It need to have some bezel all around the phone to protect
    10-31-2016 05:52 PM