Gone but not forgotten

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the V20... I give it a B+. Good phone (camera in Auto mode is highly, highly overrated though)

I had the black Note7... twice. (Batman phone, as my 5 year old daughter called it)

Best phone I ever had. Sexy piece of tech, that's for sure.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the V20... I give it a B+. Good phone (camera in Auto mode is highly, highly overrated though)

I had the black Note7... twice. (Batman phone, as my 5 year old daughter called it)

Todd I was thinking about the LG v20.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Exactly how I feel about the note 7. Such a beautiful piece of tech. Let people hate on it, it looks flawless. Still can't convince myself to give it up.

Currently giving my v20 about the same grade all around. Taking some getting used to, but I'm getting there. Has pros over the Note but also has cons. Pretty much every review I've seen about the camera rates it as "good enough" in auto mode but really starts to shine once you start editing shots in manual mode. Unfortunately I haven't had time yet to really mess with the camera, let alone the phone really. Have another 12 days to decide what I'm doing with it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Exactly how I feel about the note 7. Such a beautiful piece of tech. Let people hate on it, it looks flawless. Still can't convince myself to give it up.

Currently giving my v20 about the same grade all around. Taking some getting used to, but I'm getting there. Has pros over the Note but also has cons. Pretty much every review I've seen about the camera rates it as "good enough" in auto mode but really starts to shine once you start editing shots in manual mode. Unfortunately I haven't had time yet to really mess with the camera, let alone the phone really. Have another 12 days to decide what I'm doing with it.
What cons do you feel it has

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Cons I've found so far with the V20.
Con #1- it's not a N7
Con#2- it's not a N7
Con#3- did I mention, it's not a N7
To be fair, nothing out there is a Note 7. Hands down the best phone I've come across as well. I'm seriously thinking of going to the V20. There are no Note 5s available through Tmobile right now and I'm not putting cash up front too many things were working on

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
1. I think we're all nuts!
2. OMG, I got tracking info from VZW last night for the box :'( Actually got a knot in my stomach knowing I really have to send this back now. I did switch back to my N5 last week, but I've still been using my beautiful N7 in the house on WiFi. The first return didn't faze me because I hadn't even had a chance to activate the loaner phone (another N5) when the text saying the replacements would be here in two days.

So for a brief time I had BOTH my N7's. Kinda felt like cheating with the hot twin brother, lol! (Yeah, seems therapy would be in order!) Anyhow, there wasn't a period of time since Aug 19 that I've had NO Note 7. This will be it :( :'(

Does anyone have any idea once we receive these boxes how long we have to return it before being charged by the carriers?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I gave my beloved Note 7 a big hug and boxed it up today since UPS was dropping off a new laptop and I just handed it to the driver. I've had the coffin box for about a month, never even turned this last one on since it came after I switched to the S7Edge. I get so attached to my tech, it's sad. I know it's just a material object but it was the most beautiful piece of tech I've ever owned. I'll be jumping on that pre order of the Note 8 in a heartbeat. Until then... 💔

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yah, I miss my N7. I am making due with my N5 (even set it up as closely as i could N7 lockscreen pic and all) Noticed the Wife still had her really nice TMO black box not the crummy ATT box I have. Made me miss it all over again. I wonder if we really get too wrapped up in our tech?? :)

It's kinda funny, I got to take some sort of Survey for my Note 5 (took like 30 minutes to complete and almost felt like i was taking an MMPI test) I made sure to note that my Previous phone was a Note 7 and commented heavily where ever possible. I hope that Samsung actually reads these surveys...
Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What cons do you feel it has
Cons:

Display brightness - I had it on 55% on my N7. I have to have it around 80% to be even close to where it was with the Note. I like bright screens and hate to have to compensate on the level just to extend battery life, however with the N7 I didn't have to. With the V20 I need to raise the brightness level to get it where the Note's was.

Camera lag/overexposure in auto mode - HDR on produces short lag (like half a sec- but again, I unfortunately am comparing everything with the old Note. How can I not when I went through 2 of them in a matter of a couple weeks. Bright areas get washed out in auto mode- I played with manual mode and got much better results, however if I want the quick shot, I will use Auto mode.

Unable to set a schedule on "comfort mode" - or night mode as we know it as. I have to manually turn this on and off when I want it. Also, the tint is more greenish to me rather than an orangey color.

Battery could be better. Right now I'm at 58% and I have 1 hr 28 minutes of screen on time. I am averaging around 3 hours 10 minutes- so this is right on par. I have zero clue how people manage to get 5 or 6 hours of SOT unless they charge during the day and include that time going forward with their screen on time.

Pros:

Idle time. Phone is very good at maintaining battery level when not being used. I like that a lot. Unfortuantely, it's still a new phone so I'm constantly touching it. lol That doesn't help with the battery.

Video stability - pretty smooth while walking or attempting to track my 5 year old future track star daughter. Does a good job.

Display clarity - quad HD- enough said

Very snappy and responsive. Overall a more fluid and snappier experience than my Note. Opening apps, etc is very fast. One thing I did notice was that occasionally my app drawer delays in displaying the apps, but once it's opened it opens very quickly going forward. Didn't know the drawer was a cached process. Opens flawlessly when using Nova or the Pixel launcher. Just lags occasionally with the stock launcher.

UI - you like it or don't like it. I like the customization level (I added a dedicated screen shot button on the bottom), but am not real crazy about the stock icons. The pro is that you can change them very easily if you want to. Nice touch.

DAC - Awaiting my B&O headphones to see the true difference, and not just a placebo effect with my Sammy headphones plugged in. Sounds good though.

Feels good to hold - even though I have a Spigen case on it now (paranoia about the camera lens has set in, so I use a case). I used to raw dog it with all of my phones until the Note7 - and the scratch video came out from JerryRig that made us all crazy). Welp, he's now made me paranoid about the camera lens. Case should help but the naked phone is very nice to hld. Smooth, cool edges.

Hope that helps.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't Stay Away

I thought once I settled on a replacement phone I wouldn't be drawn back to this forum. However, it seems I can't stay away. Going through two recalls and reluctantly giving up my Note 7; it seems somehow we have all become family. Now I am drawn back to see what others are doing who are still holding on. I guess one day we will all come back together for one big family reunion as we unite around the next Note. Can't wait for that day!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't Stay Away

Considering the is still the top forum here on Android Central, many still cannot stay away. I think we will see many familiar names when the Note 8 is released next year.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Yea...I miss my note 7 as well. It was my 2nd Samsung phone "personally". I've moved on to the IP7+ for now, but I'd love to have my N7 back.
I hope SS comes out with a S8pro line early :)

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I guess I was lucky. I picked up the Pixel at 20% off and got a $200 credit for an old phone. It will make it easier to trade up to the next Note.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

As long as your not coming back as the N7 police, it's all good. I've moved on to other devices also but still frequent the N7 forums everyday. Plus I still haven't received my return box yet

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Considering the is still the top forum here on Android Central, many still cannot stay away. I think we will see many familiar names when the Note 8 is released next year.
I may feel spunky and pre-order Note 8 when it launches