Verizon really came through for me.

Gary Davison1

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Little back story..I purchased note on launch and have gone through the first recall but the phone has been powered down since second. Did not want to return phone and use my upgrade on the phone that I don't want to pay on for damn near 2 years when I only upgraded because I wanted the note 7. To top it off I traded my note 4 with like 4 payments back to upgrade instead of just paying it off.

So I have been chatting with Verizon through the website chat for 2-4 weeks with no help at all. Each day I would log in and try again but nothing. They would simply tell me sorry for the inconvenience and it was out of their hands. Now I fully understand this is on samsung and not Verizon but at the same time Verizon is handling this terribly.

I gave in and called customer serviceI and got through to Dave from the arizona call center. I told him about sending my phone back to upgrade and that it was bull **** that Verizon is basically saying screw all the money you paid into your note 4, you purchased the note 7 and it was recalled. I told him that the options given to me by Verizon were either upgrade to another phone and pay taxes on this new phone Or purchase one from outside source to not use upgrade now. Both options were bulll****. And I told him that I want my old phone back with same money owed and I want to keep my upgrade for later date.

I explained that this was frustrating and havnt had access to a cell phone in over a month pretty much. So he put me on hold and came back with just about best news and offer that I could have imagined. He told me he could lower my data from 20 gb data plan I was on to 12 gb and give me 8 gb promo data per month to save me money on Bill for the trouble and also said he went a step further and got the ok to give me a brand new note 5 and only pay what I owed on note 4. So 152 is what I paid after taxes and my upgrade is ready for the next headache samsung releases.

Long story but this guy did all he could to help me out and he knew it wasn't right what his company was doing telling people they are s.o.l. don't let Verizon rip you off for your money or property. Keep calling them.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Little back story..I purchased note on launch and have gone through the first recall but the phone has been powered down since second. Did not want to return phone and use my upgrade on the phone that I don't want to pay on for damn near 2 years when I only upgraded because I wanted the note 7. To top it off I traded my note 4 with like 4 payments back to upgrade instead of just paying it off.

So I have been chatting with Verizon through the website chat for 2-4 weeks with no help at all. Each day I would log in and try again but nothing. They would simply tell me sorry for the inconvenience and it was out of their hands. Now I fully understand this is on samsung and not Verizon but at the same time Verizon is handling this terribly.

I gave in and called customer serviceI and got through to Dave from the arizona call center. I told him about sending my phone back to upgrade and that it was bull **** that Verizon is basically saying screw all the money you paid into your note 4, you purchased the note 7 and it was recalled. I told him that the options given to me by Verizon were either upgrade to another phone and pay taxes on this new phone Or purchase one from outside source to not use upgrade now. Both options were bulll****. And I told him that I want my old phone back with same money owed and I want to keep my upgrade for later date.

I explained that this was frustrating and havnt had access to a cell phone in over a month pretty much. So he put me on hold and came back with just about best news and offer that I could have imagined. He told me he could lower my data from 20 gb data plan I was on to 12 gb and give me 8 gb promo data per month to save me money on Bill for the trouble and also said he went a step further and got the ok to give me a brand new note 5 and only pay what I owed on note 4. So 152 is what I paid after taxes and my upgrade is ready for the next headache samsung releases.

Long story but this guy did all he could to help me out and he knew it wasn't right what his company was doing telling people they are s.o.l. don't let Verizon rip you off for your money or property. Keep calling them.

Whaat I guess your persistence paid off.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

No luck for me, got directed towards Swappa

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I decided to call Verizon after reading this very thread and I got the full refund I paid for my S7E minus the tax that I turned in the purchase the Note 7. I am also getting refund for the Note 7 tax included so I'm basically back to where I was before I purchased the Note! With the $100 promotion from Samsung I'll basically have lost nothing. Thanks bro.