11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 12345 ...
tools
    Why? Watching a case get dismissed during pre-trial conference is super boring.
    OMG you buried the lead.....
    11-07-2016 12:39 PM
    Been on eight flights in past few weeks. Most common grumble by boarding and flight crews is bringing up the Note 7. Do you really think that will continue?

Note 7 is IMEI toast. Best device ever killed by engineering too thin. Irony
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    11-07-2016 12:39 PM
    I'm not sure I understand when people are saying that they are losing out on the accessories. Hasn't every outlet allowed you to return the Note 7 specific accessories? For USB-C accessories, you can keep those for your future phone that is going to have USB-C.

I think it's in Samsung's best interest to get all the Note7s out of market to avoid any more liability. Even if you choose to keep it despite their warning, I'm pretty sure it doesn't necessarily dissolve their liability. I didn't want to give mine back, but it's pointless for me. It's being crippled and there will be no support nor accessories for it and I travel a bit. Amazon took back the 3 cases and screen savers and Best Buy refunded the screen saver and phone. I'm back to what I was on August 18 except I now have a Gear Fit 2 and a 256GB microSD card. I will have to suffer through my GS7e until the next big thing.
    11-07-2016 01:13 PM
    Well...I posted earlier the message that you can only delay the update 3 times is true. Received the Sprint notice this morning. Twice I delayed the update but the 3rd time there wasn't an option to delay it. I hit the back button to get out of it and it automatically started the update. Guess I'll have to go back to my Note 3 until the Note 8 comes out. I'm certain the next step is for the carrier to disable the IMEI numbers. Hope Samsung introduces teh Note 8 earlier than usual because of this mess.
    11-07-2016 01:40 PM
    Well...I posted earlier the message that you can only delay the update 3 times is true. Received the Sprint notice this morning. Twice I delayed the update but the 3rd time there wasn't an option to delay it. I hit the back button to get out of it and it automatically started the update. Guess I'll have to go back to my Note 3 until the Note 8 comes out. I'm certain the next step is for the carrier to disable the IMEI numbers. Hope Samsung introduces teh Note 8 earlier than usual because of this mess.
    Wouldn't be suprised at all if it is the same exact N7 with a redesigned battery housing.
    razzell2 and athenatp like this.
    11-07-2016 01:42 PM
    Wouldn't be suprised at all if it is the same exact N7 with a redesigned battery housing.
    I would be. No reason to think they changed plans for the Note 8.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    11-07-2016 01:55 PM
    I'm not sure I understand when people are saying that they are losing out on the accessories. Hasn't every outlet allowed you to return the Note 7 specific accessories? For USB-C accessories, you can keep those for your future phone that is going to have USB-C.
    Yes - as long as you bought the accessories from them. I don't like paying four or five times the price for things, so I bought my accessories from Amazon, instead of from T-Mobile. So no compensation.
    11-07-2016 02:21 PM
    Yes - as long as you bought the accessories from them. I don't like paying four or five times the price for things, so I bought my accessories from Amazon, instead of from T-Mobile. So no compensation.
    Amazon is offering refunds on all of those things purchased from them
    11-07-2016 02:29 PM
    Amazon is offering refunds on all of those things purchased from them
    That is correct. HOWEVER, some are charging shipping. I bought 2 Anker adapters for 7.99 + shipping, but was only refunded .39 after return shipping. Not worth it. I had to fight tooth and nail. So that would've actually been a big loss. If they're sending a shipping label, you're paying for it from your refund. Loss!
    11-07-2016 02:33 PM
    That is correct. HOWEVER, some are charging shipping. I bought 2 Anker adapters for 7.99 + shipping, but was only refunded .39 after return shipping. Not worth it. I had to fight tooth and nail. So that would've actually been a big loss. If they're sending a shipping label, you're paying for it from your refund. Loss!
    Wow, I didn't know that. That's pretty weak - Amazon is usually way better at going above and beyond on returns.
    11-07-2016 02:37 PM
    YES, it IS the battery limiting "update". I wish like crazy I hadn't authorized it. Now I don't know how to undo it.
    11-07-2016 03:05 PM
    YES, it IS the battery limiting "update". I wish like crazy I hadn't authorized it. Now I don't know how to undo it.
    A scripture comes to mind... Matthew 7:7.
    11-07-2016 03:13 PM
    Got mine this morning..
    razzell2 likes this.
    11-07-2016 03:17 PM
    Well I stopped by my local T-Mobile store tonight to swap out our Note 7's for Galaxy S7's...and they don't have any. They're out of stock, and have no idea when they will get any more. They said it could be a week or two. I called customer care, and they said they could order some for me, but it would be up to a week before they had any in stock to send me - oh, and they would charge me $20 per phone for an "ordering service fee" or some nonsense like that.

Great, so they've killed our phones, but don't have any stock with which to replace them.

This whole recall is a giant mess.
    11-07-2016 05:15 PM
    I've heard similar stories from others. That's absolutely ridiculous & Samsung should be picking up the tab for verified accessory purchases. I haven't returned any accessories myself because I have no intention of returning the phone. This just gives me yet another reason not to.
    11-07-2016 05:18 PM
    Well I stopped by my local T-Mobile store tonight to swap out our Note 7's for Galaxy S7's...and they don't have any. They're out of stock, and have no idea when they will get any more. They said it could be a week or two. I called customer care, and they said they could order some for me, but it would be up to a week before they had any in stock to send me - oh, and they would charge me $20 per phone for an "ordering service fee" or some nonsense like that.

Great, so they've killed our phones, but don't have any stock with which to replace them.

This whole recall is a giant mess.
    You can show them you're upset by buying from their competitors.
    dohlo, nuangel2 and athenatp like this.
    11-07-2016 05:24 PM
    Anyone receiving the update with package disabler installed?
    11-07-2016 05:32 PM
    Yep. Mine updated just now. I have 60% charge cap now, and an annoying message informing me of this pops up every time my screen times out or lock screen goes on.
    Really upsets me.
    I'm a VZW user in California, USA.
    11-07-2016 05:33 PM
    Yep. Mine updated just now. I have 60% charge cap now, and an annoying message informing me of this pops up every time my screen times out or lock screen goes on.
    Really upsets me.
    I'm a VZW user in California, USA.
    And Verizon isn't offering an exchange or refund?
    razzell2 likes this.
    11-07-2016 05:35 PM
    That option seems to have been removed. I do not have the option to back it up to 80% in my advanced settings.
    11-07-2016 05:36 PM
    I suppose they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phones.
    11-07-2016 05:37 PM
    You can show them you're upset by buying from their competitors.
    T-Mobile says it is back-ordered 40 days for the S7 Edge at this point.
    11-07-2016 05:41 PM
    I think they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phone.
    11-07-2016 05:42 PM
    I suppose they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phones.
    Oh I completely misunderstood your post
    11-07-2016 05:42 PM
    T-Mobile says it is back-ordered 40 days for the S7 Edge at this point.
    Great I was meaning that you could buy from HTC or LG or Google or something
    11-07-2016 05:43 PM
181 12345 ...