Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out

GSMacLean

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I stopped by my local T-Mobile store tonight to swap out our Note 7's for Galaxy S7's...and they don't have any. They're out of stock, and have no idea when they will get any more. They said it could be a week or two. I called customer care, and they said they could order some for me, but it would be up to a week before they had any in stock to send me - oh, and they would charge me $20 per phone for an "ordering service fee" or some nonsense like that.

Great, so they've killed our phones, but don't have any stock with which to replace them.

This whole recall is a giant mess.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
That is correct. HOWEVER, some are charging shipping. I bought 2 Anker adapters for 7.99 + shipping, but was only refunded .39 after return shipping. Not worth it. I had to fight tooth and nail. So that would've actually been a big loss. If they're sending a shipping label, you're paying for it from your refund. Loss!
I've heard similar stories from others. That's absolutely ridiculous & Samsung should be picking up the tab for verified accessory purchases. I haven't returned any accessories myself because I have no intention of returning the phone. This just gives me yet another reason not to.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I stopped by my local T-Mobile store tonight to swap out our Note 7's for Galaxy S7's...and they don't have any. They're out of stock, and have no idea when they will get any more. They said it could be a week or two. I called customer care, and they said they could order some for me, but it would be up to a week before they had any in stock to send me - oh, and they would charge me $20 per phone for an "ordering service fee" or some nonsense like that.

Great, so they've killed our phones, but don't have any stock with which to replace them.

This whole recall is a giant mess.
You can show them you're upset by buying from their competitors.

razzell2

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon 60% battery update

Yep. Mine updated just now. I have 60% charge cap now, and an annoying message informing me of this pops up every time my screen times out or lock screen goes on.
Really upsets me.
I'm a VZW user in California, USA.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Mine updated just now. I have 60% charge cap now, and an annoying message informing me of this pops up every time my screen times out or lock screen goes on.
Really upsets me.
I'm a VZW user in California, USA.
And Verizon isn't offering an exchange or refund?

razzell2

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I suppose they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phones.

razzell2

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I think they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phone.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine downloading as we speak. I'm at peace with it now. I'll get the LG v20 til the next note comes out

I just came home to my Note 7 having the text from AT&T about the upcoming update. I'm currently on the V20, it's no note 7 but it's not a bad phone by any means. Honestly still not sold on it, but I'll probably end up sticking with it since there really aren't any other phones sparking my interest and I'm not exactly trying to get the S7 when it's successor is only a few months out

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just came home to my Note 7 having the text from AT&T about the upcoming update. I'm currently on the V20, it's no note 7 but it's not a bad phone by any means. Honestly still not sold on it, but I'll probably end up sticking with it since there really aren't any other phones sparking my interest and I'm not exactly trying to get the S7 when it's successor is only a few months out
Heard that lol. I usually only like Samsung for the note series anyways. Tried the s6 edge plus and didn't like it and s7 edge doesn't interest me at all. My update came thru from verizon. Before update battery was at 74% after update battery battery at 64% it just sits turned off anyways til I get box to send it back. I did try iPhone 7 plus and its not for me but thanks for your thoughts on v20 that is the only phone that really interests me til the next note comes out. I'll be ordering it tonight.