11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 ... 45678
tools
    Is this about the Note 7 restriction charging to 60% only?
    Yes.
    11-09-2016 09:08 PM
    1) Has anyone with Sprint received the dreaded 60% lock? (knocking on wood) Nothing here yet.

2) I went ahead and bought a barely used S7 Edge on eBay and activated it last night. Everything started up fine. It's a nice phone. Nothing wrong with it. But it's not the Note 7. So I attempted to reactivate the Note 7 by doing an online swap through the website. THe website locked up 5 times when it was trying to get me to purchase equipment protection for the phone (ironic), so I had to go to the chat and get it set up. Gave him a message with all of the information and he was able to remotely re-activate the Note 7.

So. . . .it is possible to swap back and forth between the Note and something else right now. This was asked in a thread a while ago.
    11-10-2016 08:14 AM
    Mine had started the 60% update (I paused the download) when I returned it on Tuesday. Sprint started trying to push the update on Sunday, 11/6, and I put it off three times between then and Tuesday, so it started the auto-download. I don't know if we've decided it's based on location or not, but for what it's worth, I'm in Georgia.
    11-10-2016 08:26 AM
    Haven't seen any update notifications on my Sprint N7 yet (using a package disabler). Time will tell if it's just a rollout in stages or if the disabler is working
    11-10-2016 09:23 AM
    ATT in GA, I have Disabler installed and nothing so far.
    11-10-2016 09:37 AM
    I find the update only slightly annoying. It's become simply another part of the lock screen. The 60% battery isn't an end all either. My fast charge still works.

With that said, I plan to exchange after work today. Like I planned to do 3 weeks ago. ;-)
    11-10-2016 09:49 AM
    ATT here and on the east coat. I'm not running the package disabler and I received fhe update last night around 12:30am.

Should i factory reset then do package dissabler before it can update?
    You should return the phone ....
    11-10-2016 12:47 PM
    You should return the phone ....
    He/she chooses not to as well as quite a few of us.
    11-10-2016 01:17 PM
    I find the update only slightly annoying. It's become simply another part of the lock screen. The 60% battery isn't an end all either. My fast charge still works.

With that said, I plan to exchange after work today. Like I planned to do 3 weeks ago. ;-)
    If this is the only crippling effect untill the Note 8, I can get by till then. If I fly, I'll just activate my Note Edge in the interim. Plus I'm fine with no updates and or any support.
    Daniel Ferrara likes this.
    11-10-2016 01:20 PM
    He/she chooses not to as well as quite a few of us.
    Somewhere around 50,000 just in the US. There are a LOT of people making that choice.
    11-10-2016 01:22 PM
    1) Has anyone with Sprint received the dreaded 60% lock? (knocking on wood) Nothing here yet.

2) I went ahead and bought a barely used S7 Edge on eBay and activated it last night. Everything started up fine. It's a nice phone. Nothing wrong with it. But it's not the Note 7. So I attempted to reactivate the Note 7 by doing an online swap through the website. THe website locked up 5 times when it was trying to get me to purchase equipment protection for the phone (ironic), so I had to go to the chat and get it set up. Gave him a message with all of the information and he was able to remotely re-activate the Note 7.

So. . . .it is possible to swap back and forth between the Note and something else right now. This was asked in a thread a while ago.
    I do have the 60%. Once you get notice that you have it, it's only a matter of time before it's forced on the phone.
    11-10-2016 01:24 PM
    Somewhere around 50,000 just in the US. There are a LOT of people making that choice.
    For some reason (call me crazy) I think Samsung wants those of us who are willing to keep using the phone to do just that. Testing/data collection.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-10-2016 01:28 PM
    For some reason (call me crazy) I think Samsung wants those of us who are willing to keep using the phone to do just that. Testing/data collection.
    I think you're right! They are secretly CHEERING for us... saying amongst themselves, "WOW!!! We made such an awesome phone, these people won't give them back!!!"

Maybe not worth $$ billions to know that, but still... takes the edge off just a little, maybe... :-)
    Aquila and lanenubia like this.
    11-10-2016 02:13 PM
    I received it also. It's quite annoying to be honest. I've gone back and forth on going back to my Note 5 or gettting a S7 Edge.... I want my Spen as I use it daily, but also like my water resistance/expandable memory. I've been to the store like 4 or 5 times with intentions on doing something, and each time walked back out with the same Note 7....
    11-10-2016 03:48 PM
    Haven't seen any update notifications on my Sprint N7 yet (using a package disabler). Time will tell if it's just a rollout in stages or if the disabler is working
    Agreed. Has anyone with the disabler on had the 60% update get through?
    11-10-2016 04:06 PM
    Disabler on and no update yet.
    Stoopstroop likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:38 PM
    Maybe there's a prize at the end - a deeply discounted device. Or maybe they're wondering what it's gonna take for us die hards to finally give it up.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:42 PM
    Maybe there's a prize at the end - a deeply discounted device. Or maybe they're wondering what it's gonna take for us die hards to finally give it up.
    Lol yea right.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:45 PM
    That's what I think as well. Perhaps they'll give us an upgrade to the N8 free of charge. It would be a hard disappointment to those who turned theirs in though. Maybe when the s8 comes out it'll be free who knows. Either way I'd like to hold on to mine. If it does get restrictive as far as apps being unable to work on the N7 or the 60% hitting my phone I'll trad, for a Samsung phone though I'm not 100 percent sure

IF they allowed us to have a S7 as a LOAN phone until the N8 comes out I'd swap.
    11-10-2016 07:35 PM
    That's what I think as well. Perhaps they'll give us an upgrade to the N8 free of charge. It would be a hard disappointment to those who turned theirs in though. Maybe when the s8 comes out it'll be free who knows. Either way I'd like to hold on to mine. If it does get restrictive as far as apps being unable to work on the N7 or the 60% hitting my phone I'll trad, for a Samsung phone though I'm not 100 percent sure

IF they allowed us to have a S7 as a LOAN phone until the N8 comes out I'd swap.
    Seriously they would half to offer that upgrade to 2.5 million that originally purchased the N7 , if you avoided the recall that doesn't mean you get a free upgrade.
    Samsung is not loyal enough to the customer to giveaway a free phone!
    11-10-2016 10:38 PM
    I'm on the S7 Edge now. AT&T hit my phone with the 60% update at 2am. It was super annoying and the phone seem glitchy afterward. I rode it out as long as I could but they finally got what they wanted. I know there are ways around the update but I had no more fight left. Hopefully they'll reward us loyal users with the next generation.
    11-10-2016 10:45 PM
    Still running strong on Packaging Disabler, Att phone. I swear battery life is better too. Give it a few more weeks and we'll see what happens
    11-11-2016 08:49 AM
    For those of us who are running package disabler, I think if we still don't see the update come through within the next week, then we are more than likely in the clear.
    11-11-2016 09:04 AM
    For those of us who are running package disabler, I think if we still don't see the update come through within the next week, then we are more than likely in the clear.
    No update for me yet on Verizon. Using ez disabler
    jn3wman likes this.
    11-11-2016 09:16 AM
    package disabler and still rockin' the Super Sexy Silver Sizzler on Verizon w/ no update...
    11-11-2016 11:30 AM
181 ... 45678