11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 ... 5678
tools
    Sprint User. Kept saying "Later" on the prompts, and then caught it while it was attempting to do the Auto Install. Paused that mofo. Been like this for a week. Keeping my eye on it, but the pure irony is I paused it at 60%Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out-2016-11-11-18.12.12.jpg
    Jaycemiskel and jn3wman like this.
    11-11-2016 12:20 PM
    I have postponed my update 5 times now . Approximately 24 hours each time. I'm on Verizon.
    11-11-2016 12:33 PM
    Mine just popped up....new phone is a week out......it can wait
    11-11-2016 01:22 PM
    I'm just using my Verizon Note 7 as a wifi only device now, so I no longer have the SIM card installed. I also have package disabler pro running too. Have not got any notifications to update. Still have the green battery and still charges to 100%
    11-11-2016 03:18 PM
    I'm just using my Verizon Note 7 as a wifi only device now, so I no longer have the SIM card installed. I also have package disabler pro running too. Have not got any notifications to update. Still have the green battery and still charges to 100%
    This is what I'm doing. When my box finally gets here, I'll send it back.
    11-11-2016 04:46 PM
    No update for me yet on Verizon. Using ez disabler
    Starting to get jealous. Miss my green battery Icon.
    11-11-2016 06:04 PM
    Amazon is offering refunds on all of those things purchased from them
    If you're willing to pay for shipping they will.
    11-12-2016 10:22 AM
    I did not have to pay shipping for the item I sent back
    11-12-2016 12:00 PM
    I have postponed my update 5 times now . Approximately 24 hours each time. I'm on Verizon.
    The end is near
    11-12-2016 04:33 PM
    The end is near
    today was the sixth day of postponing it.
    11-12-2016 08:57 PM
    Bye, bye Note 7. It was such a pain in the butt to keep charging my phone since it only charged to 60%. I decided to turn it in and go back to my old Note 3. The Sprint rep said Samsung is changing the name of the Note, but he didn't know what the new name would be. Samsung also said the Note name is changing but wouldn't provide any more info. Personally, I didn't like the rounded edge screen. Screen protector didn't fit well, there was some distortion along the edges and trying to access the slider bar on the right was hit or miss. Like the flat screen on my Note 3 better. Hope the new "Note" is released sooner then the usual Aug/Sep time frame.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-12-2016 10:55 PM
    Bye, bye Note 7. It was such a pain in the butt to keep charging my phone since it only charged to 60%. I decided to turn it in and go back to my old Note 3. The Sprint rep said Samsung is changing the name of the Note, but he didn't know what the new name would be. Samsung also said the Note name is changing but wouldn't provide any more info. Personally, I didn't like the rounded edge screen. Screen protector didn't fit well, there was some distortion along the edges and trying to access the slider bar on the right was hit or miss. Like the flat screen on my Note 3 better. Hope the new "Note" is released sooner then the usual Aug/Sep time frame.
    You won't like it. The next Note will have a curved screen for sure.

Still with my Note 7 on Verizon. No battery limiting update yet.
    11-13-2016 10:18 AM

I absolutely LOVE the edge screen myself... how do you know the Note 8 will?
    11-14-2016 11:39 AM
    I absolutely LOVE the edge screen myself... how do you know the Note 8 will?
    I can't remember where it was but I think Samsung basically said that flagships will have curved screens going forward.

Basically, this is their way to differentiate. I don't think it's going anywhere.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-14-2016 04:06 PM

Have you heard of anyone on verizon getting the battery limitation.

On verizon here, still able to go to 100%, still using my Note 7 as my daily driver with zero issues.
    11-15-2016 06:25 AM
    Have you heard of anyone on verizon getting the battery limitation.

On verizon here, still able to go to 100%, still using my Note 7 as my daily driver with zero issues.
    I believe some on Verizon said they got the update.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    11-15-2016 07:24 AM
    If you're willing to pay for shipping they will.
    They refunded my sister for her note7 cases, didn't even want her to ship the cases back since they're just junk. Amazon is amazing in this aspect.
    11-15-2016 11:57 AM
    This update is Not really necessary, if your phone doesn't have a battery from the manufacturer that put out the substandard batteries!
    On top of which you get consistently embarrassed with a msg telling you that your phone is a danger!
    11-16-2016 02:59 PM
    This update is Not really necessary, if your phone doesn't have a battery from the manufacturer that put out the substandard batteries!
    On top of which you get consistently embarrassed with a msg telling you that your phone is a danger!
    Batteries from two of the three vendors are at the higher level of risk and some of the batteries from the third vendor, which should have been immune (batteries made in China, approved by their regulators and only put in phones that were going to be sold within China), also burnt - but my assumption is that those are for reasons other than the spontaneous examples from the other two vendors.
    11-16-2016 03:05 PM
    in afric users will get this battery update?
    11-20-2016 07:14 AM
    I was told today that the actual number of cases was proven to only be 11. What is Samsung doing?
    11-20-2016 03:16 PM
    I was told today that the actual number of cases was proven to only be 11. What is Samsung doing?
    Who said that? There were over 120 confirmed just in the US and the US only accounts for 40% of shipments.
    11-20-2016 03:22 PM
    Who confirmed? The media? Sure not the cpsc nor Samsung. They had suspected cases, but not confirmed. Then there is the message that pops up saying voluntary recall, not mandatory on my N7 and when I login to my Verizon account. I think people have confused fact and media hype.
    11-20-2016 09:18 PM
    Who confirmed? The media? Sure not the cpsc nor Samsung. They had suspected cases, but not confirmed. Then there is the message that pops up saying voluntary recall, not mandatory on my N7 and when I login to my Verizon account. I think people have confused fact and media hype.
    Samsung reported at least 119 cases within the US to the CPSC, half of which included injury or damage to property in addition to obvious damage to the device. So maybe that's 60 confirmed and 59 more where Samsung just felt like reporting them without having any idea whether or not the customer actually lost their device? What's the difference between confirmed cases and officially documented confirmed reports? I'm not sure I'm following you on that.

As for the recall being voluntary, it is voluntary to the consumer. It's not voluntary to the retailers, suppliers, etc. You are not obligated to return it, they are obligated to accept it if you choose to turn it in. They are allowed to encourage you to do so, but ultimately it's always up to you. Even if they brick it, you can simply use it as a paper weight or coaster or whatever you want.
    11-20-2016 09:32 PM
    All I can say is I was told by the manager at my carrier that it was only 11 confirmed to be the actual device failing. The rest were reports of devices that never made it to cpsc or Samsung. Devices that were not N7's. You see the issue with reports. Media only says enough to freak everyone out. For some funny reason I have yet to get the 60% update. Been told no I can't have a return box and yes I have been refunded. I agree there were issues and I agree 60% will push people to return it. I don't agree with forcing it when they themselves and the cpsc say voluntary on every email and text they send.
    11-21-2016 09:50 AM
181 ... 5678