Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon here on the east coast & I haven't seen an update yet. I have package disabler but people on different sites are all reporting mixed results. Only time will tell.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon 60% battery update

I suppose they are. I really wanted to keep my N7 until N8 is released. Guess I'll have to go back to the N3 Don't want the S series phones.

Note 4 with MM update, reset to stock and new battery rocks real hard. That might be a nice bridge for you. Using mine and happy, but wish it had 64GB internal. That said, my free 256GB card from Note 7 works great. Never expected the Note 4 to perform this good (especially after two years). Bonus being signal reception is better than the Note7 .

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
That is correct. HOWEVER, some are charging shipping. I bought 2 Anker adapters for 7.99 + shipping, but was only refunded .39 after return shipping. Not worth it. I had to fight tooth and nail. So that would've actually been a big loss. If they're sending a shipping label, you're paying for it from your refund. Loss!

That's exactly right. I order 2 n7 cases and they made me send them in separately, charging me for shipping on each. Not happy.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Heard that lol. I usually only like Samsung for the note series anyways. Tried the s6 edge plus and didn't like it and s7 edge doesn't interest me at all. My update came thru from verizon. Before update battery was at 74% after update battery battery at 64% it just sits turned off anyways til I get box to send it back. I did try iPhone 7 plus and its not for me but thanks for your thoughts on v20 that is the only phone that really interests me til the next note comes out. I'll be ordering it tonight.

I opted to add another one to my plan for 14 days before I fully committed to it, but since AT&T is rolling this update out I guess I didn't need to really, heh.
I posted a thread in the V20 section about everything I really like about the device and what I'm getting used to/will miss on the N7. Overall, it's solid. Screen takes some getting used to over the AMOLED, camera is a bit cooler but takes great photos and manual mode really makes it shine. And Nougat is crazy fast, I love it. Also love how notifications are bundled a bit cleaner in it too. Not that Nougat is proprietary to the device obviously, but it's nice to have it without waiting a year for Samsung to roll an update out 😂

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I opted to add another one to my plan for 14 days before I fully committed to it, but since AT&T is rolling this update out I guess I didn't need to really, heh.
I posted a thread in the V20 section about everything I really like about the device and what I'm getting used to/will miss on the N7. Overall, it's solid. Screen takes some getting used to over the AMOLED, camera is a bit cooler but takes great photos and manual mode really makes it shine. And Nougat is crazy fast, I love it. Also love how notifications are bundled a bit cleaner in it too. Not that Nougat is proprietary to the device obviously, but it's nice to have it without waiting a year for Samsung to roll an update out 😂

Awesome😄 how is your battery life?

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Awesome😄 how is your battery life?

Honestly, it can be great. Then there's been days (or parts of the day) where it sucks and it runs hot and drains for no good reason? And checking battery usage shows no culprit. Someone else posted in my thread that he had a similar issue and couldn't figure out why.

But overall, the battery is pretty good. I consider myself an average power user I suppose, sometimes I'm on it all day sometimes it stays idle all day while working. With mild use yesterday while working, it was off the charger from 8:30ish and I still had around 70% when I got home. Then I drained it playing with it all night, lol. But it charges fast as all hell too, it goes from 20% to 80 in no time at all

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, it can be great. Then there's been days (or parts of the day) where it sucks and it runs hot and drains for no good reason? And checking battery usage shows no culprit. Someone else posted in my thread that he had a similar issue and couldn't figure out why.

But overall, the battery is pretty good. I consider myself an average power user I suppose, sometimes I'm on it all day sometimes it stays idle all day while working. With mild use yesterday while working, it was off the charger from 8:30ish and I still had around 70% when I got home. Then I drained it playing with it all night, lol. But it charges fast as all hell too, it goes from 20% to 80 in no time at all

Awesome thanks. And lmao I just saw your topic in v20 forum and realized I had already commented on your topic. Sorry so many users on here. Hard to keep up haha😉😄

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I stopped by my local T-Mobile store tonight to swap out our Note 7's for Galaxy S7's...and they don't have any. They're out of stock, and have no idea when they will get any more. They said it could be a week or two. I called customer care, and they said they could order some for me, but it would be up to a week before they had any in stock to send me - oh, and they would charge me $20 per phone for an "ordering service fee" or some nonsense like that.

Great, so they've killed our phones, but don't have any stock with which to replace them.

This whole recall is a giant mess.

We have known about this since September that's plenty of time to act , a bit late to blame the retailers now.
And yes it's been one big mess & and I'm not sure the retailers have learned any thing from this!

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Lmao!! The end was 1 hour away. My phone made a few beeps, I picked it up and it was auto-updating. I'm now part of the 60% club.
I'm still in the clear for now. We'll see how the next few days go. I don't know if the disabler is actually working or if the update just hasn't been rolled out for me yet.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the clear for now. We'll see how the next few days go. I don't know if the disabler is actually working or if the update just hasn't been rolled out for me yet.

I don't have package disabler and I haven't been updated, although I got the text that it's coming. I'm on AT&T in South Louisiana. Not sure if location makes a difference.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have package disabler and I haven't been updated, although I got the text that it's coming. I'm on AT&T in South Louisiana. Not sure if location makes a difference.
Yeah I'm thinking it's location based. That's really the only explanation. If I'm still update free by the end of the week then I'll be able to relax a bit.

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking it's location based. That's really the only explanation. If I'm still update free by the end of the week then I'll be able to relax a bit.

im on Att In Virginia And still Have 100%. But Afraid its coming. Im thinking of Trying to Root it. Im Just So Pissed About This. Ive Been Waiting For 1.5 Years And Im Not Going To Give Up My Upgrade For An S7.

I Already Have To Eat $50 In Cases If I Give Up The N7. I Use The S Pen Almost Daily. I Also Finally Have A Battery That Will Get Through The Day.. . . Not For Long If I Cant Block This Update .

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
im on Att In Virginia And still Have 100%. But Afraid its coming. Im thinking of Trying to Root it. Im Just So Pissed About This. Ive Been Waiting For 1.5 Years And Im Not Going To Give Up My Upgrade For An S7.

I was told by 2 different chat reps, one in Oct and one today, that if I exchange for an S7E my upgrade would revert to August. I've printed out those conversations and plan to use them if necessary. Idk if I'll go for the S8 or the next Note.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Sprint started trying to push the 60% update to me on Sunday, but I put it off. Today, it started automatically downloading using my data (Which was annoying. I had updates set up to only download on WiFi). I was able to pause the download and go about my day, but I ended up going ahead and returning my Note after work. I was already planning on (very reluctantly) returning it but just hadn't gotten around to doing so. I guess Sprint pushing the update achieved the desired effect with mine. :-\

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
effing bull!!! I just had the stupid update forced on my phone without warning. I saw it saying it was downloading and had no option to delay 3 times and things of that nature. So PISSED OFF right now! :(

eff you ATT and Samsung!