Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably going to go back to my 2+ year old S5 (have to wipe and rebuild it first). Too bad the battery doesn't hold a full day charge :( Part of me hates to admit it, but I'll have to wait until samsung rolls out the Note 8 (if they do). I use the S Pen daily

I'm going to take this thing back to ATT and confirm that they'll still take it back if the phone is broken. When they say yes, I'm going to smash it on the floor. So PISSED OFF!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
They got me too! Woke up to the white screen telling me I'm limited to 60%. It will be interesting to see how I fare today. I have the charger from my 1st Note at my office and a usb-c adapter in my car. With quick charge, I shouldn't have a problem but we'll see.

Also interesting is my battery percentage is at 100. How does the limitation work? Do u get down to 40% and die?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
They got me too! Woke up to the white screen telling me I'm limited to 60%. It will be interesting to see how I fare today. I have the charger from my 1st Note at my office and a usb-c adapter in my car. With quick charge, I shouldn't have a problem but we'll see.

Also interesting is my battery percentage is at 100. How does the limitation work? Do u get down to 40% and die?
I'm pretty sure fast-charging was disabled with that update. Let us know how you do

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I always assumed it'd be 60% = 100%, so they just limit the charge capacity of the battery to 2100 mAh and that shows up as 100%.

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No, it actually says 60% on the battery meter. Although, when my phone was done with the malware update, it was at 12%. So if you were at 61% or higher, you may be able to stay in the realm as long as you can keep it up there...???

I was reading up on how to root the phone when this happened. I just needed a few more hours to.... :(

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just plugged in to see if fast charge was disabled and the charge emblem isn't showing on the battery at all. Yikes! So as someone suggested, maybe once I get down to 59, I'll be able to charge to 60 and that's it.

Here's a shot from this morning. I did have 100 when I was notified of the update.

Attachments

• 5267.jpg
    5267.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 111

paz5559

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I attempted to start a new thread, but it was deleted. I am curious if anyone has a workaround for the 60% battery cap.

The toggle folks pointed to under advanced settings that previously allowed us to go to 80% has been done away with

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I just plugged in to see if fast charge was disabled and the charge emblem isn't showing on the battery at all. Yikes! So as someone suggested, maybe once I get down to 59, I'll be able to charge to 60 and that's it.

Here's a shot from this morning. I did have 100 when I was notified of the update.

The phone WILL NOT charge untill you get below that 60 threshold. I tried it myself. And I don't like that they took away my green battery icon.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The phone WILL NOT charge untill you get below that 60 threshold. I tried it myself. And I don't like that they took away my green battery icon.

I didn't even notice I'm back to the white battery. Jeez.... They're serious. :) I guess I'll go ahead and tuck my tail all the way to AT&T tomorrow. Although I must admit I'm tempted to wait and see what comes next in the way of crippling the device.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even notice I'm back to the white battery. Jeez.... They're serious. :) I guess I'll go ahead and tuck my tail all the way to AT&T tomorrow. Although I must admit I'm tempted to wait and see what comes next in the way of crippling the device.

My Note Edge is on stanby incase they decide to do something really dumb. On the flip side, it appears after 8 hours of work that my battery is around 32%. Take in mind I'm a light to moderate user of my phone while at work. I figure i should be getting home on long days with 20-25% battery left. So it is workable.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My Note Edge is on stanby incase they decide to do something really dumb. On the flip side, it appears after 8 hours of work that my battery is around 32%. Take in mind I'm a light to moderate user of my phone while at work. I figure i should be getting home on long days with 20-25% battery left. So it is workable.

Workable for sure. I'm at 59 so I can definitely keep it until the next crippling move. Idk if I will though. Still undecided.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz