Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Has most people on Verizon got the update yet? I'm just wondering if ez disabler is really working and I'm safe.
There are folks on Verizon who have confirmed that they've received the update. As stated before, I'm guessing they're rolling out the update in waves to different groups of devices. But we shall see.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Att here and on the east coast. I'm running the Package Disabler and so far no update. Battery life even seems a bit better. Fingers crossed that this holds up.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Att here and on the east coast. I'm running the Package Disabler and so far no update. Battery life even seems a bit better. Fingers crossed that this holds up.

ATT here and on the east coat. I'm not running the package disabler and I received fhe update last night around 12:30am.

Should i factory reset then do package dissabler before it can update?

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand.. I'm on VZ and I got notification of update but just cancelled it. Sure I got the nag of it wanting to install.. I just igonore it.. still at 100% with green batt icon.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sprint 60%? And swapping between Note & something else.

1) Has anyone with Sprint received the dreaded 60% lock? (knocking on wood) Nothing here yet.

2) I went ahead and bought a barely used S7 Edge on eBay and activated it last night. Everything started up fine. It's a nice phone. Nothing wrong with it. But it's not the Note 7. So I attempted to reactivate the Note 7 by doing an online swap through the website. THe website locked up 5 times when it was trying to get me to purchase equipment protection for the phone (ironic), so I had to go to the chat and get it set up. Gave him a message with all of the information and he was able to remotely re-activate the Note 7.

So. . . .it is possible to swap back and forth between the Note and something else right now. This was asked in a thread a while ago.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint 60%? And swapping between Note & something else.

Mine had started the 60% update (I paused the download) when I returned it on Tuesday. Sprint started trying to push the update on Sunday, 11/6, and I put it off three times between then and Tuesday, so it started the auto-download. I don't know if we've decided it's based on location or not, but for what it's worth, I'm in Georgia.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

Haven't seen any update notifications on my Sprint N7 yet (using a package disabler). Time will tell if it's just a rollout in stages or if the disabler is working

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I find the update only slightly annoying. It's become simply another part of the lock screen. The 60% battery isn't an end all either. My fast charge still works.

With that said, I plan to exchange after work today. Like I planned to do 3 weeks ago. ;-)

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I find the update only slightly annoying. It's become simply another part of the lock screen. The 60% battery isn't an end all either. My fast charge still works.

With that said, I plan to exchange after work today. Like I planned to do 3 weeks ago. ;-)

If this is the only crippling effect untill the Note 8, I can get by till then. If I fly, I'll just activate my Note Edge in the interim. Plus I'm fine with no updates and or any support.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

1) Has anyone with Sprint received the dreaded 60% lock? (knocking on wood) Nothing here yet.

2) I went ahead and bought a barely used S7 Edge on eBay and activated it last night. Everything started up fine. It's a nice phone. Nothing wrong with it. But it's not the Note 7. So I attempted to reactivate the Note 7 by doing an online swap through the website. THe website locked up 5 times when it was trying to get me to purchase equipment protection for the phone (ironic), so I had to go to the chat and get it set up. Gave him a message with all of the information and he was able to remotely re-activate the Note 7.

So. . . .it is possible to swap back and forth between the Note and something else right now. This was asked in a thread a while ago.

I do have the 60%. Once you get notice that you have it, it's only a matter of time before it's forced on the phone.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
For some reason (call me crazy) I think Samsung wants those of us who are willing to keep using the phone to do just that. Testing/data collection.

I think you're right! They are secretly CHEERING for us... saying amongst themselves, "WOW!!! We made such an awesome phone, these people won't give them back!!!"

Maybe not worth $$ billions to know that, but still... takes the edge off just a little, maybe... :)

bigjkt405

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I received it also. It's quite annoying to be honest. I've gone back and forth on going back to my Note 5 or gettting a S7 Edge.... I want my Spen as I use it daily, but also like my water resistance/expandable memory. I've been to the store like 4 or 5 times with intentions on doing something, and each time walked back out with the same Note 7....

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site

Haven't seen any update notifications on my Sprint N7 yet (using a package disabler). Time will tell if it's just a rollout in stages or if the disabler is working

Agreed. Has anyone with the disabler on had the 60% update get through?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781