Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: U.s. Note 7 update ???battery 60%?

I got the update on Tmobile, was factory resetting the phone to return it. It just asked if I wanted to update and I refused. End of story. Maybe people have theirs set as an automatic update? Played with it for awhile and it didn't ask me to update again.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Next up... IMEI block
Yep. I appreciate folks sentimentality, but Carriers and Samsung want this over with and especially airlines. They do NOT want to keep adding the Note 7 to their greeting scripts.

Note 7 will be IMEI blocked sooner than later. People circumventing will buy themselves a little time, but that's it.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I have a Pixel on order. Note due to receive it until Dec. 11. I will not be happy if they disable my phone.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Why was my comment erased earlier? For those who have received the update, is there an option to go back to 80% charge if you go to battery settings, advanced settings? This ability was in the previous 60% battery update from Samsung during the first recall.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Yep. I appreciate folks sentimentality, but Carriers and Samsung want this over with and especially airlines. They do NOT want to keep adding the Note 7 to their greeting scripts.

Note 7 will be IMEI blocked sooner than later. People circumventing will buy themselves a little time, but that's it.

really, I just wanted to buy myself enough time for the Detonate Note 8 to come out...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Moderator Note This is posted in a couple other places, but seems to not be making it through to everyone. We seem to have a lot of activity that is detracting from the ability for those seeking help to return their devices without wading through mountains of the completely unrelated stuff. If you are here with legitimate questions about how to navigate through the recall process or if you're helping people to do so, that's awesome. If you're not, then please take care to ensure that we're not getting in the way - so that those trying to get this situation properly resolved can quickly find correct answers about how to deal with their circumstances.

As a reminder, the Note 7 has been recalled and cancelled due to a safety issue. More information can be found here: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fires, recall and cancellation: Everything you need to know | Android Central

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Moderator Note This is posted in a couple other places, but seems to not be making it through to everyone. We seem to have a lot of activity that is detracting from the ability for those seeking help to return their devices without wading through mountains of the completely unrelated stuff. If you are here with legitimate questions about how to navigate through the recall process or if you're helping people to do so, that's awesome. If you're not, then please take care to ensure that we're not getting in the way - so that those trying to get this situation properly resolved can quickly find correct answers about how to deal with their circumstances.

As a reminder, the Note 7 has been recalled and cancelled due to a safety issue. More information can be found here: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fires, recall and cancellation: Everything you need to know | Android Central
I was just wondering... Are you saying we are no longer allowed to talk about anything other than taking the phones back? Because this particular post was about the battery update, not taking the phone back... I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying :) thank you for your time.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering... Are you saying we are no longer allowed to talk about anything other than taking the phones back? Because this particular post was about the battery update, not taking the phone back... I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying :) thank you for your time.

No, not saying that at all. I would prefer it if that we keep the same content contained in their own threads, and by that I mean not having a couple of people invade every thread and derail it and that people search and add to existing threads before creating a new thread, etc. Threads about the S7 go in the S7 section, etc.

You guys are cool to talk about anything and everything you want with very few exceptions, covered by the rules page and general decency. So specifically on the Note 7, we're going to avoid posts that are insulting people and we're going to avoid modifying software and hardware in a way that can create a risk of injury to the user or other readers.

The post you're quoting is about having several or even dozens of threads that say the exact same things with the exact same users and cause it to be extremely difficult for the average jill to find out how to make sure she's not losing too much money or sanity in escaping this fiasco.

Edit: To add context, this thread got that message because of it had more than 10 posts deleted that were people derailing the thread, urging others to do illegal things, urging people to do dangerous things, trolling, insulting others, etc. At some point all of that nonsense just becomes garbage that members have to weed through to find scraps of meaningful content. Welcome to the internet I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol