11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 123 ...
tools
    I'm talking about U.S. users, not Europeans. When U.S. users will get this battery update? Thanks.
    11-05-2016 10:32 PM
    Today.
    11-05-2016 10:38 PM
    My t mobile note7 did not get update .I used disabled pro
    razzell2 likes this.
    11-05-2016 10:59 PM
    Next up... IMEI block
    11-05-2016 11:13 PM
    I got the update on Tmobile, was factory resetting the phone to return it. It just asked if I wanted to update and I refused. End of story. Maybe people have theirs set as an automatic update? Played with it for awhile and it didn't ask me to update again.
    11-06-2016 07:39 AM
    Sprint
    Note 7 - 60% battery charge update is rolling out-screenshot_20161106-074410.png
    11-06-2016 07:45 AM
    Looks like the 60% battery limiting update is rolling out in Canada now as well.

Galaxy Note 7 60 percent charging cap update released in Canada as well - SamMobile
    11-06-2016 11:45 AM
    Next up... IMEI block
    Yep. I appreciate folks sentimentality, but Carriers and Samsung want this over with and especially airlines. They do NOT want to keep adding the Note 7 to their greeting scripts.

Note 7 will be IMEI blocked sooner than later. People circumventing will buy themselves a little time, but that's it.
    11-06-2016 12:36 PM
    I have a Pixel on order. Note due to receive it until Dec. 11. I will not be happy if they disable my phone.
    11-06-2016 01:29 PM
    Just wondering if anyone on Verizon has seen the update yet?
    11-06-2016 03:38 PM
    I haven't.
    11-06-2016 03:56 PM
    Is this about the Note 7 restriction charging to 60% only?
    11-06-2016 04:17 PM
    Next up... IMEI block
    Pure speculation.
    Challenger513 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    11-06-2016 04:36 PM
    Pure speculation.
    So was the 60% battery a month ago. But anyway this thread is about the 60% battery, carry on
    11-06-2016 04:58 PM
    Why was my comment erased earlier? For those who have received the update, is there an option to go back to 80% charge if you go to battery settings, advanced settings? This ability was in the previous 60% battery update from Samsung during the first recall.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    11-06-2016 06:20 PM
    Rolling out in Canada as well now. So far I'm not being prompted. I have also disabled all packages related to updating.

Galaxy Note 7 60 percent charging cap update released in Canada as well - SamMobile
    11-06-2016 06:32 PM
    Yep. I appreciate folks sentimentality, but Carriers and Samsung want this over with and especially airlines. They do NOT want to keep adding the Note 7 to their greeting scripts.

Note 7 will be IMEI blocked sooner than later. People circumventing will buy themselves a little time, but that's it.
    really, I just wanted to buy myself enough time for the Detonate Note 8 to come out...
    11-06-2016 06:33 PM
    Moderator Note This is posted in a couple other places, but seems to not be making it through to everyone. We seem to have a lot of activity that is detracting from the ability for those seeking help to return their devices without wading through mountains of the completely unrelated stuff. If you are here with legitimate questions about how to navigate through the recall process or if you're helping people to do so, that's awesome. If you're not, then please take care to ensure that we're not getting in the way - so that those trying to get this situation properly resolved can quickly find correct answers about how to deal with their circumstances.

As a reminder, the Note 7 has been recalled and cancelled due to a safety issue. More information can be found here: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fires, recall and cancellation: Everything you need to know | Android Central
    11-06-2016 07:14 PM
    Moderator Note This is posted in a couple other places, but seems to not be making it through to everyone. We seem to have a lot of activity that is detracting from the ability for those seeking help to return their devices without wading through mountains of the completely unrelated stuff. If you are here with legitimate questions about how to navigate through the recall process or if you're helping people to do so, that's awesome. If you're not, then please take care to ensure that we're not getting in the way - so that those trying to get this situation properly resolved can quickly find correct answers about how to deal with their circumstances.

As a reminder, the Note 7 has been recalled and cancelled due to a safety issue. More information can be found here: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fires, recall and cancellation: Everything you need to know | Android Central
    I was just wondering... Are you saying we are no longer allowed to talk about anything other than taking the phones back? Because this particular post was about the battery update, not taking the phone back... I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying :-) thank you for your time.
    Feldon likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:20 PM
    I was just wondering... Are you saying we are no longer allowed to talk about anything other than taking the phones back? Because this particular post was about the battery update, not taking the phone back... I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying :-) thank you for your time.
    No, not saying that at all. I would prefer it if that we keep the same content contained in their own threads, and by that I mean not having a couple of people invade every thread and derail it and that people search and add to existing threads before creating a new thread, etc. Threads about the S7 go in the S7 section, etc.

You guys are cool to talk about anything and everything you want with very few exceptions, covered by the rules page and general decency. So specifically on the Note 7, we're going to avoid posts that are insulting people and we're going to avoid modifying software and hardware in a way that can create a risk of injury to the user or other readers.

The post you're quoting is about having several or even dozens of threads that say the exact same things with the exact same users and cause it to be extremely difficult for the average jill to find out how to make sure she's not losing too much money or sanity in escaping this fiasco.

Edit: To add context, this thread got that message because of it had more than 10 posts deleted that were people derailing the thread, urging others to do illegal things, urging people to do dangerous things, trolling, insulting others, etc. At some point all of that nonsense just becomes garbage that members have to weed through to find scraps of meaningful content. Welcome to the internet I guess.
    11-06-2016 07:29 PM
    No, not saying that at all. I would prefer it if that we keep the same content contained in their own threads, and by that I mean not having a couple of people invade every thread and derail it and that people search and add to existing threads before creating a new thread, etc. Threads about the S7 go in the S7 section, etc.

You guys are cool to talk about anything and everything you want with very few exceptions, covered by the rules page and general decency. So specifically on the Note 7, we're going to avoid posts that are insulting people and we're going to avoid modifying software and hardware in a way that can create a risk of injury to the user or other readers.

The post you're quoting is about having several or even dozens of threads that say the exact same things with the exact same users and cause it to be extremely difficult for the average jill to find out how to make sure she's not losing too much money or sanity in escaping this fiasco.
    Thank you for clarifying... :-) I appreciate your time. And I see your point.
    11-06-2016 07:31 PM
    Exactly
    We are adults here and as such should be able to make our own choices
    Are you working for Android Central or Samsung?
    11-06-2016 07:31 PM
    We are adults here and as such should be able to make our own choices
    Are you working for Android Central or Samsung?
    I'm assuming that last part is directed to me? Let me address the first half first. I've consistently said throughout this entire thing that every individual can make up their own mind about what they're going to do and that I'm not going to try to force anyone to do anything. I've also consistently said that I want it to be easy for the huge amount of people who were trying to navigate through this mess to find the information they need here quickly and to have it be accurate and helpful. That's why the emphasis on positive, productive posts. So on this specific issue, if you want to go do research and figure out a way to keep your Note 7 working forever - god bless and I sincerely hope that you remain lucky and that it doesn't cause any serious problems for you.

Now on the second half, how would that matter? If I worked for Samsung, I would want you to be safe and to be able to buy my future products. If I worked for Android Central, I'd want you to be safe and to be able to post about whatever nerdy Android related stuff comes through your keyboard - so long as it's done in a positive and productive manner, within the community rules, etc. Both of those things start with I would want you to be safe and so the second part is basically just window dressing and much less important. But to directly answer your question, neither. I'm not paid by Samsung or Android Central to do anything.
    11-06-2016 07:45 PM

Edit: To add context, this thread got that message because of it had more than 10 posts deleted that were people derailing the thread, urging others to do illegal things, urging people to do dangerous things, trolling, insulting others, etc. At some point all of that nonsense just becomes garbage that members have to weed through to find scraps of meaningful content. Welcome to the internet I guess.
    Don't we have an entire subforum devoted to returning this product? It was my understanding that the current Note 7 thread that is not the "return forum" is devoted to, at this point, doing everything we can to keep our phones running. . . and obviously, we don't need the negative nancy's coming in saying that our phone is a death trap. While I am not one for conspiracy theories, it may be applicable here. The truth is out there.
    Feldon likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:49 PM
    Don't we have an entire subforum devoted to returning this product? It was my understanding that the current Note 7 thread that is not the "return forum" is devoted to, at this point, doing everything we can to keep our phones running. . . and obviously, we don't need the negative nancy's coming in saying that our phone is a death trap. While I am not one for conspiracy theories, it may be applicable here. The truth is out there.
    We do, but a number very close to zero people have used it voluntarily. Almost all of the threads in it have been moved there - almost everyone wanting to post anything about the Note 7, whether it's related to the recall, their next devices, comparisons to the devices they moved to, questions about what to do with Best Buy, etc. posts a new thread here in this section. This section then remains devoted to discussion of the Note 7, including news about what's going on with system updates, etc.

I wouldn't say it would include "doing everything we can to keep our phones running" because a lot of that content could overlap with modifying the software and/or hardware to do whatever - and that's going to fall into a very gray to off-limits area without a lot of nuance and care taken to avoid doing so. So the difference between, "I'm going to keep using the phone" and "here are the directions to be able to circumvent the updates in order to keep your phone running" is pretty clear and one of them is fine and the other isn't.
    11-06-2016 07:52 PM
181 123 ...