Samsung J5 catches fire

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Could be another Note 7 fiasco, oh wait only 35 of them had problems but we all had to suffer for that media BS.
Where u get 35 from? Every post I saw said over 100 cases in the USA alone...

But I agree ppl overreacted and now any issue Samsung has is gonna be examined under a microscope

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Could Samsung could be getting in financial trouble with the n7 recall and now millions washing machines.
The wash machines are not blowing up. Screw are coming a loose on a certain part which has caused some injuries. Using the same term "blowing up" is what the media fueled that caused the Note7 fiasco to be blown out of proportion.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Where u get 35 from? Every post I saw said over 100 cases in the USA alone...

But I agree ppl overreacted and now any issue Samsung has is gonna be examined under a microscope

Most of those 100 were false or never confirmed. I think only around 35 were proven. And I'm typing on my Note 7 as i post this. Yep, 3 months and no fire. Hmmmmm.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
J5 LOL. A coworker has a J5. What a POS it is. I love samsung but it's a really cheap phone by Samsung standards. I would NEVER own one. I'd rather use a S4 than it.

PeterProd

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I Fully Agree about those 35 or so Actual devices that caused the problem(s)!!!
The Problem is/was that the problem had Only come from 1 certain Battery Manufacturer, whom Samsung was reluctant to name, and Obviously NOT Everyone had a phone With One Of Those Faulty Batteries!!!
I KNOW that I Did NOT!!! I purposely ran my phone all the way down to 0% several times, and then proceeded to recharge the device up to 100% - with it only getting warm!!!
Point being - If the battery had been one of the bad lot, it surely would have gotten - at least hot~~~!!!
And since such a small # to begin with had those problems, I think it's safe to say that -- If that existed in my phone or "any one" that ran such a test, would have gotten very Hot - as opposed to just becoming warm!

In my opinion, Samsung would've done MUCH BEtTER, spending their money to come up with a way to I.D. batteries from the Bad Lot!
Considering all the money that Samsung spent at airports for that makeshift exchange program; they'd have Come Out Far Ahead if they had Installed Stations with a device for gauging Which Battery a Person's Phone was supporting!!!

And considering ALL THE TIME & MONEY that They have spent "Spinning Their Wheels", The Idea Of a Battery I.D. Checker Would Have Been "A FAR BETTER USE OF FUNDS" - A N D saved the Damage which has since been done to their Reputation!!!

I just wish that I had an opportunity to have talked with some of their decision makers, before they listed to those P.R. Morons!!
Problem is that many - just don't use "common sense"!!!
Stop trying for the Initial Impression & Go For The Better Option - Long Term! The Note-7 is a truly great product, and Should NOT have been relegated to the junk heap the way it went!!!

PeterProd!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae