The worst thing about giving up my Note 7....

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The one feature of the Note I couldn't care more about and never used but to see if it worked (it didn't for me... glasses). haha And that's why I like Samsung phones: they throw everything on their phones, so even if you don't use one feature, there's always one more to keep you entertained :p

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Especially the "pocket warmer" feature on the 7. :) I was going to buy one before they came out - but it's not that cold here.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not alone; I keep doing the same thing with my Note 4. And then when I remember and go to fingerprint unlock, I forget to swipe down. I also keep double clicking the home button, expecting the camera app to open. It's been one full day, and I'm a mess when it comes to relearning this phone, apparently. The Note 4 I'm using is still a good phone, but it's the little things, y'know?

The iris scanner worked flawlessly for me with or without glasses on both Note 7's I had. The only time I ever had trouble was when I used it at the beach in bright sunlight.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Ain't that the truth, I was going to pick up a pixel xl 128 but that's not available until late Dec. At that point I might as well wait for the next Samsung flagship. Hopefully a new battery in my Note 4 will tide me over for a while.

The worse thing about giving up the Note 7 is....giving up the Note 7.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The AOD! It's the major thing that pi@@es me off about the Pixel XL. I hate not being able to glance down and see notifications. That and the sound quality during calls sucks on this. It was so clear on the 7.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Pixel. One day Verizon offered a 20% off coupon and a $200 credit with the trade in of an old phone. So I took the plunge. It is back ordered until Dec. 9. I hope I don't regret getting it.

I still don't want to give up my Note 7. Nothing else measures up to that device.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The one feature of the Note I couldn't care more about and never used but to see if it worked (it didn't for me... glasses). haha And that's why I like Samsung phones: they throw everything on their phones, so even if you don't use one feature, there's always one more to keep you entertained :p

That's why I'm team Samsung. Give me all the features possible. Who cares if I don't use them. You literally could unlock the phone 3 different ways and I had them all enabled. PIN, fingerprint, and iris.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's why I'm team Samsung. Give me all the features possible. Who cares if I don't use them. You literally could unlock the phone 3 different ways and I had them all enabled. PIN, fingerprint, and iris.

Exactly. I'd rather have it and don't use it than want it and don't have it. I love options.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The iris scanner is useful as hell when you're a grease monkey like me. That way instead of having to remove my gloves I could just leave it wherever it was resting, stare at it without having to remove my glove to unlock it. For someone like me, definitely a cool and often used feature. Hell it was faster than the FPS usually

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The S-pen. I bought a stylus to work with my LG v20 that I'm having to carry with me. Once you get used to the precision of navigating, etc., with the S-pen, using your fingers to navigate just won't cut it.

For example, I use google voice for most input like texting. But, it occasionally gets a word or two wrong here or there, and you want to get the cursor exactly in the right spot, but with your finger (and I have very long fingernails) I have to try 3 or 4 times usually to get the cursor in just the right place - that kind of thing.

Basically, the S-pen was like a mouse for the phone. It was also very helpful browsing websites that were not mobile friendly. Customers signing in Square for CC's. making notes on screenshots. taking quick notes... <can't see through the tears...>

The 2nd thing - the Edge screen. Didn't use it for the first week or so - thought it was gimmicky. Then I started using it for the People Edge and the Apps Edge, and WOW! used it a lot! a whole lot...

The display... that amoled display... the colors... I miss the display a lot. Iris scanner... FM radio... speed... styling...

being a menace to society...

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to see what the Note 8 has to offer; I expect it to be a much improved version of the Note 7. Hopefully the cost won't be too outrageous.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

The retina scanner didn't work with your glasses? I was able to do it with my sunglasses on, it should work with glasses on.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Lol nice. I'm from a different school of thought. PIN, can never fail you. "Old Reliable".

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The S-pen. I bought a stylus to work with my LG v20 that I'm having to carry with me. Once you get used to the precision of navigating, etc., with the S-pen, using your fingers to navigate just won't cut it.

For example, I use google voice for most input like texting. But, it occasionally gets a word or two wrong here or there, and you want to get the cursor exactly in the right spot, but with your finger (and I have very long fingernails) I have to try 3 or 4 times usually to get the cursor in just the right place - that kind of thing.

Basically, the S-pen was like a mouse for the phone. It was also very helpful browsing websites that were not mobile friendly. Customers signing in Square for CC's. making notes on screenshots. taking quick notes... <can't see through the tears...>

The 2nd thing - the Edge screen. Didn't use it for the first week or so - thought it was gimmicky. Then I started using it for the People Edge and the Apps Edge, and WOW! used it a lot! a whole lot...

The display... that amoled display... the colors... I miss the display a lot. Iris scanner... FM radio... speed... styling...

being a menace to society...
Got me a LG V20 and the new samsung tab A 10.1 with s pen...perfect android combo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma