11-21-2016 04:58 PM
31 12
tools
    I keep trying to unlock my Note 4 by trying to stare at it and use my retina's! I can't stop doing it, lol
    11-09-2016 04:05 PM
    The one feature of the Note I couldn't care more about and never used but to see if it worked (it didn't for me... glasses). haha And that's why I like Samsung phones: they throw everything on their phones, so even if you don't use one feature, there's always one more to keep you entertained :P
    Katrina White1 and Fit24 like this.
    11-09-2016 04:10 PM
    Especially the "pocket warmer" feature on the 7. I was going to buy one before they came out - but it's not that cold here.
    11-09-2016 04:50 PM
    The screen, the sleekness, Samsung pay and the camera.
    boudicca00 likes this.
    11-09-2016 08:33 PM
    I miss the iris scanner as well.
    11-10-2016 06:41 AM
    I'm glad I'm not alone; I keep doing the same thing with my Note 4. And then when I remember and go to fingerprint unlock, I forget to swipe down. I also keep double clicking the home button, expecting the camera app to open. It's been one full day, and I'm a mess when it comes to relearning this phone, apparently. The Note 4 I'm using is still a good phone, but it's the little things, y'know?

The iris scanner worked flawlessly for me with or without glasses on both Note 7's I had. The only time I ever had trouble was when I used it at the beach in bright sunlight.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-10-2016 07:26 AM
    The worse thing about giving up the Note 7 is....giving up the Note 7.
    11-10-2016 04:43 PM
    Ain't that the truth, I was going to pick up a pixel xl 128 but that's not available until late Dec. At that point I might as well wait for the next Samsung flagship. Hopefully a new battery in my Note 4 will tide me over for a while.

The worse thing about giving up the Note 7 is....giving up the Note 7.
    11-10-2016 04:47 PM
    The AOD! It's the major thing that pi@@es me off about the Pixel XL. I hate not being able to glance down and see notifications. That and the sound quality during calls sucks on this. It was so clear on the 7.
    blackhawk77#WN and Tanooki2 like this.
    11-10-2016 05:16 PM
    I ordered the Pixel. One day Verizon offered a 20% off coupon and a $200 credit with the trade in of an old phone. So I took the plunge. It is back ordered until Dec. 9. I hope I don't regret getting it.

I still don't want to give up my Note 7. Nothing else measures up to that device.
    11-10-2016 05:21 PM
    The one feature of the Note I couldn't care more about and never used but to see if it worked (it didn't for me... glasses). haha And that's why I like Samsung phones: they throw everything on their phones, so even if you don't use one feature, there's always one more to keep you entertained :P
    That's why I'm team Samsung. Give me all the features possible. Who cares if I don't use them. You literally could unlock the phone 3 different ways and I had them all enabled. PIN, fingerprint, and iris.
    Fit24 and Cary Quinn like this.
    11-10-2016 10:48 PM
    That's why I'm team Samsung. Give me all the features possible. Who cares if I don't use them. You literally could unlock the phone 3 different ways and I had them all enabled. PIN, fingerprint, and iris.
    Exactly. I'd rather have it and don't use it than want it and don't have it. I love options.
    11-10-2016 11:42 PM
    The iris scanner is useful as hell when you're a grease monkey like me. That way instead of having to remove my gloves I could just leave it wherever it was resting, stare at it without having to remove my glove to unlock it. For someone like me, definitely a cool and often used feature. Hell it was faster than the FPS usually
    11-11-2016 10:11 AM
    The S-pen. I bought a stylus to work with my LG v20 that I'm having to carry with me. Once you get used to the precision of navigating, etc., with the S-pen, using your fingers to navigate just won't cut it.

For example, I use google voice for most input like texting. But, it occasionally gets a word or two wrong here or there, and you want to get the cursor exactly in the right spot, but with your finger (and I have very long fingernails) I have to try 3 or 4 times usually to get the cursor in just the right place - that kind of thing.

Basically, the S-pen was like a mouse for the phone. It was also very helpful browsing websites that were not mobile friendly. Customers signing in Square for CC's. making notes on screenshots. taking quick notes... <can't see through the tears...>

The 2nd thing - the Edge screen. Didn't use it for the first week or so - thought it was gimmicky. Then I started using it for the People Edge and the Apps Edge, and WOW! used it a lot! a whole lot...

The display... that amoled display... the colors... I miss the display a lot. Iris scanner... FM radio... speed... styling...

being a menace to society...
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-11-2016 03:30 PM
    I'm really looking forward to see what the Note 8 has to offer; I expect it to be a much improved version of the Note 7. Hopefully the cost won't be too outrageous.
    11-11-2016 03:59 PM
    The retina scanner didn't work with your glasses? I was able to do it with my sunglasses on, it should work with glasses on.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-11-2016 09:27 PM
    I had no issues wearing my glasses and unlocking using the retina scanner as well. I

One of the best features of the Note 7 IMHO
    11-11-2016 09:46 PM
    Iris scanner also worked for me with my glasses and my contacts. Worked quick as hell too. I mostly used it when my hands were wet.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-11-2016 10:23 PM
    Lol nice. I'm from a different school of thought. PIN, can never fail you. "Old Reliable".
    11-12-2016 06:43 AM
    The S-pen. I bought a stylus to work with my LG v20 that I'm having to carry with me. Once you get used to the precision of navigating, etc., with the S-pen, using your fingers to navigate just won't cut it.

For example, I use google voice for most input like texting. But, it occasionally gets a word or two wrong here or there, and you want to get the cursor exactly in the right spot, but with your finger (and I have very long fingernails) I have to try 3 or 4 times usually to get the cursor in just the right place - that kind of thing.

Basically, the S-pen was like a mouse for the phone. It was also very helpful browsing websites that were not mobile friendly. Customers signing in Square for CC's. making notes on screenshots. taking quick notes... <can't see through the tears...>

The 2nd thing - the Edge screen. Didn't use it for the first week or so - thought it was gimmicky. Then I started using it for the People Edge and the Apps Edge, and WOW! used it a lot! a whole lot...

The display... that amoled display... the colors... I miss the display a lot. Iris scanner... FM radio... speed... styling...

being a menace to society...
    Got me a LG V20 and the new samsung tab A 10.1 with s pen...perfect android combo
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-12-2016 09:14 AM
    Got me a LG V20 and the new samsung tab A 10.1 with s pen...perfect android combo
    I have a Tab S2 9.7, and I use a small stylus with it that works really well...

I'm just so used to the S-pen for the phone... :-(
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-12-2016 10:24 AM
    I have a Tab S2 9.7, and I use a small stylus with it that works really well...

I'm just so used to the S-pen for the phone... :-(
    Yea gave up my tab s2 9.7 to get the tab A 10.1 with s pen since its guaranteed to get updated to nougat...the device has no lag at all and seems more fluid that my tab s2 2015 version which was lagging often.....once I discovered the tab A 10.1 with s pen had 3 gb ram and a 1080p display (decent although not amoled)..my performance worries were over...great purchase so far ...
    11-12-2016 06:09 PM
    Yea gave up my tab s2 9.7 to get the tab A 10.1 with s pen since its guaranteed to get updated to nougat...the device has no lag at all and seems more fluid that my tab s2 2015 version which was lagging often.....once I discovered the tab A 10.1 with s pen had 3 gb ram and a 1080p display (decent although not amoled)..my performance worries were over...great purchase so far ...
    I had a Tab 4 10.1, and the lower resolution hurt my eyes (I'm 51...) so I went with the tab S 10.5. Then my hubby liked it and it didn't have enough memory for me anyway - so I gave it to him, and then went to the tab s2; I do love it. All their tablets are nice, my s2 does not lag at all that I've ever noticed, and I'm pretty doggone picky.

But I still can't get over not having the S-pen for the phone... I don't always have the tablet handy... Note 8... where are you???
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-12-2016 06:25 PM
    The retina scanner didn't work with your glasses? I was able to do it with my sunglasses on, it should work with glasses on.
    Most of the time, nope, it never got it. Definitely took way longer to fiddle around and trying to get the right angle that fingerprint was just easier. My theory is that because of my +7 prescription lenses and the fact that you can see the Earth's curvature behind my head with them they image if just too distorted for the scanner to work? Dunno.
    11-14-2016 11:12 AM
    Most of the time, nope, it never got it. Definitely took way longer to fiddle around and trying to get the right angle that fingerprint was just easier. My theory is that because of my +7 prescription lenses and the fact that you can see the Earth's curvature behind my head with them they image if just too distorted for the scanner to work? Dunno.
    It worked better for me when I set up the scanner with my glasses on. The first time I set it up, I took them off. That nugget may help when you get your Note 8...
    11-14-2016 11:36 AM
31 12