I have over 5 ticket numbers from various escalations via Customer Service. They were supposed to get back to me over a month ago. Still, I have two Note 7s purchased online and the original seller won't take them back. Samsung was supposed to send boxes but never did. What would you do? One of the phones was extremely hot I heard a popping sound and I dropped it.

P.S. - The thing is my fiance is pregnant and I've been so busy trying to move to a bigger space, learn about being a parent, helping her and trying to go from a 2 door coupe to a family car/van. I can't keep wasting my time here. I've called them over 10x, emailed, written on Facebook, etc. So I just want them to take it back and give me my money back.
    11-10-2016 05:20 PM
    File a PayPal claim. You will be fine.
    I have over 5 ticket numbers from various escalations via Customer Service. They were supposed to get back to me over a month ago. Still, I have two Note 7s purchased online and the original seller won't take them back. Samsung was supposed to send boxes but never did. What would you do? One of the phones was extremely hot I heard a popping sound and I dropped it.

P.S. - The thing is my fiance is pregnant and I've been so busy trying to move to a bigger space, learn about being a parent, helping her and trying to go from a 2 door coupe to a family car/van. I can't keep wasting my time here. I've called them over 10x, emailed, written on Facebook, etc. So I just want them to take it back and give me my money back.
    Sorry to hear about your woes. You bought it from a vendor or a person?
    11-10-2016 05:40 PM
    I'm assuming you bought online from a person, eBay or swappa. If you did, contact the seller again and if they still refuse file a claim. Carriers refunded their money already, it's a different game now, not just exchanging for a new phone. When you file your claim make sure you point out the seller was refunded their money automatically from the carrier. The seller is trying to double dip. I'm talking about Verizon, I know they refunded everyone's money, mine was refunded before I ordered a new phone
    11-10-2016 06:32 PM
    How did the person you bought these from get any money back ? I didnt see that you ever said that but the post above mine talked as if the carrier already refunded the person you got the phones from.

Is just a normal note 7 exchange not an option ?
    11-10-2016 07:21 PM
    How did the person you bought these from get any money back ? I didnt see that you ever said that but the post above mine talked as if the carrier already refunded the person you got the phones from.

Is just a normal note 7 exchange not an option ?
    I'm with Verizon, they refunded my money right away and reset my upgrade date, before I sent them the phone. So I guess what I would say is there's a chance the seller received a refund already. Either way PayPal might be approving the claims now that the original seller can return for refund as they are the only ones that can return for refund at this point.

And no, you can't exchange for a different note 7, they are pulled from the market, dead. Samsung won't exchange for a new note 7 and I am pretty sure the carriers won't either, the n7 is basically dead, sad news in deed.

Sorry, I didn't word my first post as clear as I should have. Speaking for my experience, I'm assuming others had the same thing happen, but maybe not.
    11-10-2016 08:02 PM
    ok , so they refunded money before they actually had the phone back , i guess that might be the case in the OP situation. That sucks !

I wasnt saying exchange for a note 7, i was wondering if he couldnt return his Note 7 for another phone like they are offering to everyone ?

I can see them not returning his money since he bought these second hand, but shouldnt he be able to swap them out for new phones ?

I had 2 note 7 phones , returned both for s7 edges with the 1st recall. Went and returned one of the S7 edges for the newer note 7 and was about to go get the 2nd new note 7 when the whole 2nd recall happened.
    11-10-2016 09:45 PM
    Sure it's possible they refunded the seller but not necessarily so. My wife an I both have Note 7s. They refunded mine and haven't refunded hers. So really, it seems like a toss up on whether or not you got the money back.
    11-11-2016 04:49 PM
    Sure it's possible they refunded the seller but not necessarily so. My wife an I both have Note 7s. They refunded mine and haven't refunded hers. So really, it seems like a toss up on whether or not you got the money back.
    Yeah, I got to thinking that might not be the case for everyone. this is a screwed up mess for sure and the ones that bought third party have a bigger mess to deal with. It was not a fun experience.
    11-11-2016 06:51 PM
    File a PayPal claim. You will be fine.
    Law2138 likes this.
    11-13-2016 07:20 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but the more I read your post, I keep coming back to the same question. "If you used PayPal or some other form of protected online payment, why not just attempt to return them directly to the seller in the first place?"

The first red flag was the seller's refusal to accept the device(s) back. Did you try this past the return period, like 1 or 2 months later? I'm not sure what PayPal can do at this point or whatever payment you used, but try to file a claim. If you could share the transaction date, we might be able to steer you in the right direction.

The second issue is this: There was/is a dedicated support line for Note 7s so Samsung can get them off the street as fast as possible. For them to give you over 5 different ticket numbers, and force you to "escalate the issue", and not get back to you for over a month is unacceptable. Do carriers submit the IMEI number and flag it as "returned/refunded"? If so, Samsung should have said that, "This device has already been returned/refunded."

In your case, keep pushing the issue and perhaps contact the carrier. Tell them you have 2 Note 7's that you purchased online, that were sold to you by a seller. I don't think the carrier would appreciate being defrauded by the seller, so make it an issue.

Document everything. Take names, and don't take no for an answer. Keep pushing for a resolution. BTW congrats on your family.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    11-16-2016 08:56 AM
    Contact Samsung directly. Have you IMEI #s & your receipt/proof of purchase. They have a new department just for exchanges & you can arrange for their partner "Stericycle" to exchange the phone for you (Perhaps for a direct refund?) I'm doing this to swap for an S7e & they will send a check (later) for the difference + $100 for sticking with Samsung. BBY refuses to credit me the $864 I paid bc I am on Verizon prepaid.
    11-29-2016 02:12 AM