Samsung planning on selling refurbished galaxy note 7 devices?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
REAAAAAAALLY doubt this one. They already 'killed' the Note 7 brand. Not coming back unless they re-brand them, and even then, it would be a really risky move.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Article I read noted this would likely happen only in "emerging" markets like India or China. Highly unlikely they would get this past the Consumer Product Safety Commission to sell again in US.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
They explode soooo I'd say never

Just curious, why are you holding out?

well you asked. i do not believe they "explode", on a small percentage of the phones (less then 0.1 %) there have been catastrophic battery failures. i do not think the problem is inside of each phone just waiting to unleash its wrath on an unsuspecting public.

what i do believe is that the note 7 is the best phone i have ever owned, and it has worked great for me. i have not found any phone that i want as a replacement. so right now i plan to keep using my note 7 until the s8 comes out, and if that is a good phone then i will switch.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
well you asked. i do not believe they "explode", on a small percentage of the phones (less then 0.1 %) there have been catastrophic battery failures. i do not think the problem is inside of each phone just waiting to unleash its wrath on an unsuspecting public.

You think you know better than Samsungs engineers?

If they can figure out the problem and to our knowledge they haven't, then you and I can't make "I believe so and so" statements.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
You think you know better than Samsungs engineers?

If they can figure out the problem and to our knowledge they haven't, then you and I can't make "I believe so and so" statements.

the fact that they have not found the root cause, is exactly why i say " i believe".

right now there is far more evidence that not all of these phones are at risk, then there is against it.

no need to go on about it, you asked and i answered. you do not have to agree with me and i will not be agreeing with you.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is based off of a S. Korean article that came out in September...before the 2nd round "failure" and before the recall/airline ban. Much ado about nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy