If you try to update from the app it won't let Note 7 owners. However. Search for Samsung Pay 2.4 apk. Download/Install the apk and it works! ๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’
    11-15-2016 01:55 PM
    I STRONGLY advise against downloading something like Samsung Pay off an non-sanctioned APK. This is your credit card information you're talking about.

So not only are you taking the risk of keeping a phone that has already been recalled and given all the accommodations in the world to get it replaced or refunded, but you're gonna risk having your financial information up for grabs? To each their own, but be smart about this.

And on that Note (no pun intended :P), a small reminder of how the Note 7 is just not worth keeping:
    1) Recalled battery-related product, now a Federal Crime to bring on public transport and has to be clearly marked as hazardous material (and pay the accompanying premium) is shipped via courier. And airports are actively looking for it. I just got back from Hong Kong and one was detected on the X-Ray machine before going into the airport.
    2) 60% battery limit update.
    3) Most likely carriers will stop allowing the device to connect to their networks for other than emergency calls.
    4) No more official updates or support from Samsung for the OS or any app on the Note 7. Soon they'll also block the model from working.
    5) Insurance companies can legally void your home/renters insurance if you have a Note 7 in your home (it's already automatically void in the New Zealand, I believe).
    6) Butt of every joke if your friends see the Note 7 out. Bombs away.
    11-15-2016 02:27 PM
    And on that Note (no pun intended :P),
    6) Butt of every joke if your friends see the Note 7 out. Bombs away.
    I saw a political meme yesterday where 1 person told the other to give an opposing party member a Note 7. Man 2 says but those blow up. Man 1 says, exactly. Cracked me up. EVERYONE is taking jabs at it. It did hurt a tiny bit though. I love this phone.
    11-15-2016 03:05 PM
    I love it too, don't get me wrong, but it's just too much of a hassle and risk to keep at this point. Not being able to travel with it was what killed it for me. I could live with not turning it on mid-flight, but not being able to even bring it into the airport? That's just too much.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    11-15-2016 03:21 PM