11-18-2016 07:24 AM
43 12
tools
    My thoughts also
    If you have prepared for the limiting updates they are sending out it shows your old phone on carrier systems. So carrier won't block your phone if it shows say a note 5 while your using your note 7.

Seen this proven true.
    11-17-2016 05:29 PM
    If you have prepared for the limiting updates they are sending out it shows your old phone on carrier systems. So carrier won't block your phone if it shows say a note 5 while your using your note 7.

Seen this proven true.
    They aren't dumb they WILL brick those phones. Believe me I know it's fun to be a rebel, But there is no use in being a rebel with half their face burnt off.
    11-17-2016 05:37 PM
    My phone is already limited to 60% battery. Just logged into my account and it shows my line using the note 7. Not sure how I can change that without them not knowing which phone my line is using
    11-17-2016 05:38 PM
    They aren't dumb they WILL brick those phones. Believe me I know it's fun to be a rebel, But there is no use in being a rebel with half their face burnt off.
    Yep, that's what they are setting in place. Send out refund checks this way when they brick them there will be nothing we can do
    thatguy97 likes this.
    11-17-2016 05:40 PM
    My phone is already limited to 60% battery. Just logged into my account and it shows my line using the note 7. Not sure how I can change that without them not knowing which phone my line is using
    Unfortunately I don't think you can now. It was for people that blocked all updates beforehand.
    11-17-2016 05:41 PM
    if it happens, it happens nothing we can do about that. until then i really enjoy this phone. the iris scanner works pretty well, even with glasses.
    11-17-2016 06:52 PM
    Until Samsung/Sprint brick my phone, it will continue to be my daily driver. If I hear of another "rebel's" phone burning up I'll immediately change my tune. I'm unaffected by the social policing and questioning of my choice to use the best phone available for my needs
    11-17-2016 07:43 PM
    If I hear of another "rebel's" phone burning up I'll immediately change my tune. I'm unaffected by the social policing and questioning of my choice to use the best phone available for my needs
    Agreed! Like anyone puts a phone to their ear any more! lol
    11-17-2016 07:51 PM
    Agreed! Like anyone puts a phone to their ear any more! lol
    Lol, hilarious!
    Stoopstroop likes this.
    11-17-2016 08:00 PM
    There is not a single solitary report of someone "burning off half their face".

Continue to use my 100% battery Note 7 every day. (knock on wood)
    11-17-2016 08:16 PM
    There is not a single solitary report of someone "burning off half their face".

Continue to use my 100% battery Note 7 every day. (knock on wood)
    OK I exaggerated I'll admit but I think Y'all are crazy, but it is YOUR decision at the end of the day.
    11-17-2016 09:09 PM
    OK I exaggerated I'll admit but I think Y'all are crazy, but it is YOUR decision at the end of the day.
    Why show so much concern about people taking a less than 1% risk? Are you the Note 7 police? I switched to an S7 edge a few days ago, but used my Note right up until the battery update. I should've consulted with the "rebels" first, before I gave in.
    11-18-2016 01:14 AM
    Bummer... wish I still had my note7. Got the note5... pretty upset now lol.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-18-2016 02:28 AM
    Using it everyday! They may just have to come beat it out of my hands......wont be easy!
    11-18-2016 03:19 AM
    I am still trying to master the GIF maker part of it. My only real complaint with this phone is that i wish the cell radio was stronger. I barely get any signal at all at my desk at work (inside of a concrete building), with my iPhone 5s and my old iPhone 6+ i was able to consistently use my phone as a hopspot at my desk.
    11-18-2016 05:16 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and it hasn’t exploded! (editorial) | AndroidGuys[/url]
    You know, I can understand why someone might think they've made it past the rough spot and it is safe. However, from articles that I read, the problem described was one of gradual deterioration that eventually exposed the defect that allowed the phones to catch fire. As they noted at the time, they didn't exactly just all explode at once on release. I suppose it's possible some might be just fine. (Please don't take an apartment next to me, though!) But isn't it also possible that continued deterioration will cause the problem? Other aggravating factors mentioned along the way in this debacle included possible issues if charging it all the way, leaving it on the charger overnight, fast charging, etc? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe depending on how used. Will the 60% charge limitation handle all that? Again, maybe, but apparently Samsung didn't think so. Hey, what do they know? Seems dicey and unnecessary. And I'm not sure why anyone wants a phone with a battery that only charges to 60%. That would seem to be a problem.

In the meanwhile, the most important comment is probably the one that went "Samsung will brick it" after a while.
    You should probably get used to another one.

If they live on a desert island, it's their decision. If they are in the apartment next to me, I'd like a vote.
    thatguy97 likes this.
    11-18-2016 06:43 AM
    That in itself is the reason people keep thinking there is an issue with all N7's. The problem is Source. None of these bloggers nor reporters actually got the facts. They went with a story they knew would freak people out. I have only one thing to say here. Let people alone andnquit telling them they are going to hurt someone by keeping the phone. The cpsc and Samsung still cannot make the phone burn up. That being said could prove the original thought that the carriers were left to check batteries on returns and did in fact let some with bad batteries back out in the wild. Went back to my N7 cuz my stupid replacement s7e overheated and crapped out.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-18-2016 07:10 AM
    As long as there are people bragging about ignoring the recall, there will be people pointing out that they could follow the recall. If you think that's annoying, I'll point out that it's far less annoying from a forums perspective than people telling other members what they should post. If a post bothers you and you can't ignore it and keep scrolling, then report it. Responding is almost always a bad idea.
    libra89 and buzzy3970 like this.
    11-18-2016 07:24 AM
43 12