Who on here still using their note 7 daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dk Landis

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering how many on here are still using their note 7 on a daily basis. If you are what do you think of the phone, do the the early reviews still hold up.

I still feel that this is the best phone i have owned thus far. This is my first Android phone (all others were apple), i have had a lot of fun learning the android OS and thus far been very happy with a samsung flagship device, good design and good quality feel to the phone.

Now before you think i am being delusional i am aware of the battery issue that a few of these phones have had. The linked article really does a good job of covering my thoughts on that issue much better than i ever could.

Breaking News: I’m still using my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and it hasn’t exploded! (editorial) | AndroidGuys

Dk Landis

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
I still am. Just got an email today from Verizon saying I'm being reimbursed for the cost of the phone. Anyone else get this email?
I'm guessing if thats the case they are going to shut service off to all note 7's. Email says nothing about returning the phone.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I still am. Just got an email today from Verizon saying I'm being reimbursed for the cost of the phone. Anyone else get this email?
I'm guessing if thats the case they are going to shut service off to all note 7's. Email says nothing about returning the phone.

Hmm I bet they will brick IMEIS soon then.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
If you have prepared for the limiting updates they are sending out it shows your old phone on carrier systems. So carrier won't block your phone if it shows say a note 5 while your using your note 7.

Seen this proven true.

They aren't dumb they WILL brick those phones. Believe me I know it's fun to be a rebel, But there is no use in being a rebel with half their face burnt off.

Dk Landis

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
My phone is already limited to 60% battery. Just logged into my account and it shows my line using the note 7. Not sure how I can change that without them not knowing which phone my line is using

Dk Landis

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
They aren't dumb they WILL brick those phones. Believe me I know it's fun to be a rebel, But there is no use in being a rebel with half their face burnt off.

Yep, that's what they are setting in place. Send out refund checks this way when they brick them there will be nothing we can do

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
My phone is already limited to 60% battery. Just logged into my account and it shows my line using the note 7. Not sure how I can change that without them not knowing which phone my line is using

Unfortunately I don't think you can now. It was for people that blocked all updates beforehand.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
if it happens, it happens nothing we can do about that. until then i really enjoy this phone. the iris scanner works pretty well, even with glasses.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Until Samsung/Sprint brick my phone, it will continue to be my daily driver. If I hear of another "rebel's" phone burning up I'll immediately change my tune. I'm unaffected by the social policing and questioning of my choice to use the best phone available for my needs

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

There is not a single solitary report of someone "burning off half their face".

Continue to use my 100% battery Note 7 every day. (knock on wood)

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
There is not a single solitary report of someone "burning off half their face".

Continue to use my 100% battery Note 7 every day. (knock on wood)

OK I exaggerated I'll admit but I think Y'all are crazy, but it is YOUR decision at the end of the day.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
OK I exaggerated I'll admit but I think Y'all are crazy, but it is YOUR decision at the end of the day.

Why show so much concern about people taking a less than 1% risk? Are you the Note 7 police? I switched to an S7 edge a few days ago, but used my Note right up until the battery update. I should've consulted with the "rebels" first, before I gave in.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am still trying to master the GIF maker part of it. My only real complaint with this phone is that i wish the cell radio was stronger. I barely get any signal at all at my desk at work (inside of a concrete building), with my iPhone 5s and my old iPhone 6+ i was able to consistently use my phone as a hopspot at my desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.