Who on here still using their note 7 daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering how many on here are still using their note 7 on a daily basis. If you are what do you think of the phone, do the the early reviews still hold up.

I still feel that this is the best phone i have owned thus far. This is my first Android phone (all others were apple), i have had a lot of fun learning the android OS and thus far been very happy with a samsung flagship device, good design and good quality feel to the phone.

Now before you think i am being delusional i am aware of the battery issue that a few of these phones have had. The linked article really does a good job of covering my thoughts on that issue much better than i ever could.

Breaking News: I’m still using my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and it hasn’t exploded! (editorial) | AndroidGuys

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I like the author's take. Still use mine, WITH the stupid 60%. It's been 3 times that I've gone to replace with an S7E. First 2 times, I just couldn't give it up. Third time, after the update, my color choice wasn't available. I'm cool for now.

If the carriers stop support, it's over for me. If there comes a deadline to get refunded or replace, it's over. I love it, but I won't hold on to it at all costs.

With the S8 rumored to be pushed back until possibly April, I feel like it's only a matter of time before I'm forced to give it up. So much can happen in those 5 months. And that 60% may wear me down sooner rather than later.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering how many on here are still using their note 7 on a daily basis. If you are what do you think of the phone, do the the early reviews still hold up.

I still feel that this is the best phone i have owned thus far. This is my first Android phone (all others were apple), i have had a lot of fun learning the android OS and thus far been very happy with a samsung flagship device, good design and good quality feel to the phone.

Now before you think i am being delusional i am aware of the battery issue that a few of these phones have had. The linked article really does a good job of covering my thoughts on that issue much better than i ever could.

Breaking News: I’m still using my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and it hasn’t exploded! (editorial) | AndroidGuys

Was about to switch back to the Note 5, but decided not to. I was able to bypass the 60% update and am enjoying the heck out of this phone every day. I'm more concerned about ***** drivers hitting me or someone trying to rob me in a parking lot (first two things that came to mind haha) than this phone catching fire. I plan on using it until Samsung/carriers find a way to truly cripple it.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol that guy says it doesn't get hot while charging and that's reason enough SMH it's your call dude, yes the media did screw up with this but the issues are real.

Also don't think that Samsung wont brick them soon

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree with a lot of what he says in that article. The media just goes nuts over this stuff. The WOR NY morning host (Todd Schnitt) has spent a lot of time talking about it, and insisted that these things are exploding and houses are burning down. When the news reporter questioned him, saying he had not heard of any houses burning down, Todd insisted he was sure of it. "Exploding phones" is a fun story to run with, I guess, and Samsung was left with little choice. Now some here will jump all over me - "you think you know better than Samsung???" . I'm not saying the issue is ZERO, I really don't know. I do believe that the issue is far less then the hype would imply, because thats what hype does. I'm also not interested in arguing about it. I know many here disagree, and that's just fine.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using mine. At this point in time I am convinced that the phone is no more or less safe than my iPhone 6s Plus. I've already put the Note7 through so many charging cycles, pushed it with intense workload, etc., and it is working perfectly fine. I am not doubting some kind of problem with this phone exists or existed but I still don't believe that the issue is as widespread as it was made out to be. It is a real shame because it truly is a fantastic phone and works great day in and day out. I haven't had any slowdowns at all, or any issues really.

Having said all that, I have tried many times to replace the phone through Samsung if for no other reason than to be able to bring my phone everywhere with me (something I can't do with the Note7), but it appears that is all but a dead end. 5-6 lenghty calls to their replacement hotline, emails to their replacement programme, and nothing has happened. They aren't even interested in getting my phone back at all. I've just about given up.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
How how how can you possibly make that deduction? Putting your hand on the back of the phone while charging? Yes yes very scientific /s

Nothing scientific about it and I could be completely wrong. The only scientific element that supports my anecdotal position is that extreme failure or electronics almost always happens early on in the lifecycle. I have now had this device and been using it and charging it for nearly 1.5 months, we'll beyond the extreme failure point typical of virtually all electronics.

Could my Note7 burn up as well? Absolutely, but it won't be because of any systemic problem. It would be because some batteries inherently fail anyway.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Nothing scientific about it and I could be completely wrong. The only scientific element that supports my anecdotal position is that extreme failure or electronics almost always happens early on in the lifecycle. I have now had this device and been using it and charging it for nearly 1.5 months, we'll beyond the extreme failure point typical of virtually all electronics.

Could my Note7 burn up as well? Absolutely, but it won't be because of any systemic problem. It would be because some batteries inherently fail anyway.

True I just never hear of batteries combusting on a device that was about two months old on retail shelves

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I still have mine but no longer using it for my main phone just use it over wifi and for pictures. Didn't want to deal with the travel hassel and what not.

Still the best phone ever and understand that there is a slight risk but as others have said until its bricked out ill use it for pictures games surfing the web etc.

Just too hard to let go.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm still using mine but honestly I feel that they crippled the software a bit with the battery update just to push people even further to return it. I also have the V20 now too, and speed/fluidity wise it blows the N7 out of the water, but I attribute part of that to 7.0, it just seems stupid fast at times.

If it wasn't for the message along with the battery update, it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm one of the unfortunate souls who cracked their v20 camera glass already so that's the only reason the Note hasn't gone back yet. I've thought about just trading it for an S7E and ultimately having that as a backup but with more flagship only a few months out from Samsung that just seems like a stupid decision.

I'll hold onto it a bit longer, but who knows it may go back this weekend.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I miss my Note7 so much.. but the lack support for it was probably the main reason why I turned it in (on top of the whole safety issue thing, which I think was overblown, but oh well). Now, I don't know if this is true at all, but I thought I read somewhere that Best Buy was eventually going to end their program of accepting returns - which in that case made me think I would be stuck with it even when the 8 series came out. So, it was so hard giving it up, but the outlook for it was so bleak that I couldn't keep it. Part of me thinks they can never really end accepting returns of the phone, but I don't really know. So, the Galaxy something 8 can't come soon enough (with thorough testing of course). :)

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Still using mine here, procratinating in preparation to turn it in.

Reasons I am still using it:

I wanted to make sure I had a good backup that I could access from other devices before doing a factory reset.
Samsung Cloud is great if you still have a Note 7, but it can be a pain if you have already turned your phone in, or do not get a compatible Samsung replacement.

I finally got around to rooting my Note 3 (in part to try the Darklord Note 7 ROM) and am getting back to using it as my daily phone once I have it set up the same way and make sure all the things I am used to doing with the Note 7 still work or have valid work arounds on the Note 3. I will miss the camera for sure.

I agree with the original poster, I still feel that this is the best phone i have owned thus far; and even with the update limiting it to 60%, it is hard to want to give up.

The day (soon) that I finally give it up will be the day I start my wishlist (and savings) for the Note 8.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Everyday till they completely disable it.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
This being my first note i am still working the PEN into my daily use. I really like taking notes on the AOD. Also like being able to make notes on pictures.

Also i have been using samsung pay a lot (more than i ever did apple pay), i know that is not a Note 7 thing but still is easy to use.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried switching to the S6 edge I bought on Swappa, but its just terrible in comparison. Vz stopped charging me for the Note 7 so why am I supposed to turn it back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey