12-22-2016 01:14 PM
54 123
tools
    I miss my Samsung N7. I went with the Pixel XL and I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it like I did my Note. I will be preordering a Note 8. I used so many features that aren't available on other phones.
    amyf27, jejb, Morty2264 and 2 others like this.
    12-16-2016 06:35 PM
    I miss my Samsung N7. I went with the Pixel XL and I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it like I did my Note. I will be preordering a Note 8. I used so many features that aren't available on other phones.
    I will preorder as well. Likely the S8 but if the Note 8 is released at the same time then likely that one. I'm on the tmobile jump on demand so I can jump to one or the other when they're released.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    12-16-2016 07:24 PM
    I would have no problem with getting another Samsung phone at some point in the future. I first exchanged the N7 for a S7 Edge just cause there was nothing even close to the note 7 after it was killed for good.

But as soon as the V20 became available at my local AT&T store out of the blue days before the "official" announced release (seriously LG did a poor job with launching the V20), and literally a day or 2 before my 14 day exchange period was over I could not resist exchanging. I like the s-pen on the note line, but actually the number one reason I wanted a note was its screen size (over 5.5). So when the V20 became a option just in time for me to exchange, with its 5.7 inch display I could not resist. Even though the S7 Edge was/is a excellent device IMO I just missed that extra bit of screen size to much.

Plus I like to change brands and try different things and my last LG was the G4 (which is still going strong and being used by my mom) so I wanted to see how their UX and software had changed since then as well plus having Nougat out of the box was appealing. I've been extremely happy with it and do not regret swapping my s7 edge for it at all, but I have no issue with buying a Samsung phone again in the future.

It sucks that it happened in the first place but I felt that for the most part Samsung did a pretty good job handling the entire situation. How a company deals with something like this when things go really wrong shows a lot about them IMO and other than that shady text message from a Samsung employee that was accidentally sent to a customer I have no complaints with how they decided to handle things.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    12-16-2016 10:54 PM
    I know what you mean. I went from an S5, with a brief flirt with an iPhone 6s+ between, to a Nexus 6P. Solid phone that is rootable/romable, but nothing special. Never really loved it. Same vibe I get from the Pixel line. My S7E has done a much better job of filling the hole the N7 recall left than I thought it would. I'm really enjoying being back on Samsung, and the S7E is a great phone for me.
    Syounger64 likes this.
    12-17-2016 06:40 AM
    For now I am done with Samsung. After the note 7 recall. The fact that they have washing machines exploding on them. I will not take any chances until they improve their safety. So for now no I'm not loyal to samsung. Maybe after some time if they improve I might return. We shall see.
    12-17-2016 10:32 AM
    I'm not loyal to any particular OEM. I'm more interested in certain features of a device as to whether I'll consider it, the biggest of which are user-replaceable battery, S Pen, QHD large flat display and a soft touch type back (for better grip/feel - use my device naked). To date there is still only one device that has those: the Note 4. So unless Samsung returns those features to the Note series (which is highly unlikely) I'm already done with them. Note: I don't mean to be argumentative in any way just stating my opinion on the thread topic.
    So you'd consider yourself a fan of the Note 4?
    12-17-2016 11:31 AM
    I loved the n7 and went through the 2 recalls. I currently use the s7e which I have grown to like very much. Theres no phone like the n7 so I'd definitely go for a n8 but not right away though.
    12-17-2016 12:54 PM
    If someone come with a better note type phone, that meets my needs... See ya!
    I'm loyal to a quality product & service, not to a brand.
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-17-2016 01:31 PM
    I haven't been a Samsung "loyalist" but the N7 issues won't deter me in any way from having a serious look at their next Note offering and possibly getting one. My Note 4 is still running just fine on a reasonably-current build of Android and should continue at least getting security updates until the [insert marketing name for Note 8] comes out.

The Note 5 didn't interest me at all. The Note 7 did, but I was on the fence about committing to 2 years with a sealed battery when the whole issue started. So chances are I'll do the same next time around - let others jump first, and grab one if/when the first couple million people express sheer joy for theirs (and back away slowly if the screaming starts). LOL
    Sounds like a good plan you've got, there! It's pretty smart to wait a few weeks or even months to buy a flagship - the bugs and glitches that came out at its launch would most likely be fixed by then, and you'll get to see consumers' reactions to it beforehand.
    12-17-2016 02:12 PM
    I've been a Sammy fan since 2002 when I bought a vcr/DVD combo unit which I'm still using (with a Samsung Blu Ray player sitting on top of it). I have had Sammy phones since the Nexus S and despite having 3 Note 7's and all of the anguish that went with them, I will be on-board when the Note 8 or whatever they call it will land. Using the S7Edge for now, but anticipating that Note 8 and I will once again pre order when the time comes. ๐Ÿ˜ I also have a Samsung laptop, washer and TV. I'm invested lol
    Aquila and amyf27 like this.
    12-17-2016 03:15 PM
    I've been a Sammy fan since 2002 when I bought a vcr/DVD combo unit which I'm still using (with a Samsung Blu Ray player sitting on top of it). I have had Sammy phones since the Nexus S and despite having 3 Note 7's and all of the anguish that went with them, I will be on-board when the Note 8 or whatever they call it will land. Using the S7Edge for now, but anticipating that Note 8 and I will once again pre order when the time comes. ๐Ÿ˜ I also have a Samsung laptop, washer and TV. I'm invested lol
    Did you have the washer that was recalled
    12-17-2016 05:17 PM
    Did you have the washer that was recalled
    Yep. It is number one on the list.
    12-17-2016 07:43 PM
    Yep. It is number one on the list.
    That sucks washer and phone recall. Did your washer have the issue ?
    12-17-2016 08:27 PM
    If they can make the note 8 as good as the note 7 without the exploding parts I'll definitely stick with Samsung.
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-18-2016 07:16 AM
    I wouldn't say I was a loyalist but Samsung was one of my favorite brands. The Note 7 is likely the best device I ever used. That being said this whole debacle kind of pushed me over the edge to just wanting to use something that won't cause issues and doesn't require tweaking to work well. You guessed it, an iPhone 7+ is now my daily driver though I still also tote an S7 Active.
    12-19-2016 12:34 PM
    I'm not a loyalist to Sammy, I use there great products and everything, some as a daily driver but I have no problem switching with someone like HTC, LG, or Google Nexus/Pixel. I usually wait a few weeks or months before even trying the latest and greatest from any brand, but stuff like that happens sometimes. The Note 7 was THE MOST beautiful phone I have ever laid eyes on. If only the incident never happened... If only.
    amyf27 and jamezr like this.
    12-19-2016 12:47 PM
    I will definitely look at note 8 when it comes out .I have had note 4 and 2 note 7's loved the 7.stuff happens I think Samsung handled things as best they could.I have V20 for now and am happy with it .I am on t mobile jump so I can get a new phone when something else interests me
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-19-2016 01:35 PM
    I will definitely look at note 8 when it comes out .I have had note 4 and 2 note 7's loved the 7.stuff happens I think Samsung handled things as best they could.I have V20 for now and am happy with it .I am on t mobile jump so I can get a new phone when something else interests me
    Same here like the Jump plan.
    12-19-2016 01:43 PM
    As disappointed as I was with Samsung, I still believe they make quality products, so I will still purchase their products over others. How I see it, mistakes happen, and this mistake cost Samsung BIG and I'm sure they will be much careful next time. I still like their other products though.

Anyone else still Samsung loyalists? Or has this given you a reason to drop Samsung?

P.S.
    I am not intending for this to be an argument thread...I know it can get like that sometimes.
    I have been up to now but Veriozin is going to be killing them Jan 5th and they told me I lose incentives if I wait till then to give back my Note 7. Just got my fireproof box and am getting ready to mail it. Traded for the Coral Blue S7Edge.

Edit
    Misread
    I thought you meant a Note 7 loyalist. I am a Samsung Loyalist still and will only buy their Note line or S series. I still plan on upgrading to the Note 8 in September but the S8 Plus is looking tempting. Samsung makes the best smart phones and has the best display. If the Note 8 goes from Super Amolid like is rumoured to 4K I'm going to be thrilled though SA is very vivid itself.
    12-20-2016 10:09 AM
    I went through two Note 7's and a 7 Edge (VZW) before moving to the Pixel XL 128GB. I would and will buy another Samsung phone if they come out with another large-format (eg Note-size) phone, which I expect they will. I think the Edge is a nice looking phone but it just didn't blow my skirt up...whether it's too small or just odd-looking or whatever, I didn't care for it. Verizon was great in letting me hold onto the Edge until the Pixel showed up, too, so I had plenty of time to let the Edge grow on me -- never did.

But there's always one bad experience regardless of how great a company is...and as far as I'm concerned Samsung is a top-tier company. If the Pixel wasn't available (eg didn't exist), I prolly would have held off and waited until February to upgrade...to a Samsung.
    12-20-2016 12:27 PM
    After the final Note7 recall I got the S7 edge and am very satisfied.

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-20-2016 01:30 PM
    What about looking into an iPhone 7 plus?
    12-20-2016 02:08 PM
    What about looking into an iPhone 7 plus?
    I have a strong interest in Samsung Pay as I use it all the time, and I know the android system extremely well. I prefer Samsung, although the IPhone 7 Plus is still a great choice and one I could live with if need be
    12-20-2016 02:22 PM
    I am not a loyalist but I want the best phone out there at the time. When Note 4 came out, it was a powerhouse phone that I bought. Waited 2 years so I can upgrade to Note 7, which was the best phone out there when it was released. So if Samsung keeps making the best phones out there I will stay with them.
    12-21-2016 03:13 PM
    I'm not a loyalist to Sammy, I use there great products and everything, some as a daily driver but I have no problem switching with someone like HTC, LG, or Google Nexus/Pixel. I usually wait a few weeks or months before even trying the latest and greatest from any brand, but stuff like that happens sometimes. The Note 7 was THE MOST beautiful phone I have ever laid eyes on. If only the incident never happened... If only.
    Same here....not blindly loyal to one company. But love the feature set and design of the N7. But I also love my Honor 8 and iphone 7+, V20 and the Pixel XL.
    I have Jump on Demand (JOD) with T-Mobile so when the S8 drops I will jump to it from the V20 and then to the Note 8 :-)
    Josiah23 likes this.
    12-22-2016 07:25 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD