I think the included gloves are to protect you from the box itself. The lining was very interesting as it reminded me of asbestos material. Needless to say last week my replacement failed on me and is being replaced. Been an ordeal but I still like Samsung's take on Android and will stick with them in part but never in whole again.
    12-15-2016 08:30 PM
    The flame resistant lining is probably the only way the package carriers would play ball. I had heard that some of them didn't want to handle the product at all - leading to some really interesting logistical issues in getting them back to Samsung.

I'm sure it's a safe flame retardant material, but that would be a funny irony if it was asbestos - using one safety-recalled product to ship another. LOL
    12-16-2016 09:29 AM
    This box thing was such bs. I took my Note 7 right in to my local AT&T store and exchanged it on 11/9. Was Verizon the only carrier doing that?
    12-17-2016 05:46 AM
    Verizon would not accept my 2nd phone but did the first one. Box shipped to me FedEx and return tag is UPS. Credit for the phone was given weeks ago on my account. I miss my note. Will be a Samsung guy again with another model some day in the future.
    12-17-2016 08:44 AM
    there it not anything in the box to identify my phone. Do I just ship it back without anything to identify who the phone belongs too?
    12-27-2016 07:49 PM
    I imagine they'll sync it up to your IMEI (and subsequently your account) on the device. I'd keep the tracking number and send an email/correspondence on the date it was shipped, etc., for records in the event that there's a discrepancy.
    budven likes this.
    12-30-2016 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD