Any way to recover DCIM folder contents from Note 7?

GSE_Anthony

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi, hope someone can help...this morning I connected my Verizon Note 7 to my computer and went to copy over some content to my PC and I accidentally deleted the DCIM folder from my internal memory when it momentarily locked up. It deleted instead of copying it.
It's about 1000 pictures and videos of my kids and family from the last 4 months, everything prior to that was backed up elsewhere already. The most important thing is pictures and videos from my daughters wedding in November! Those videos have huge sentimental value and are unfortunately irreplaceable!
Everything I've read online today hasn't helped at all and I haven't rooted a phone since maybe 2010? Not sure what's even involved in that anymore. I'm pretty sure I'd need to do that to make my internal storage show up on any of the recovery apps but I'm honestly clueless with the app names and acronyms I've seen today.
Any insight to how I can recover this data is appreciated! I typically backup my phone more often and it just slipped my mind recently. Was going to backup this morning since my Note 7 got turned off yesterday.
If anyone can help, it would be incredibly appreciated!!!
Thank you!!!

GSE_Anthony

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Yea there are a lot of recovery apps and I've used a couple with success on SD cards in the past. The app needs to see the space being scanned as a drive letter on your computer. The SD card in a USB slot comes up as a drive letter. Plugging your phone into the computer, I can't get it to show as a drive, just as a attached device. So it's not recognized by the software.
Still trying to figure this out.
Thanks for the suggestion.
If anyone else knows, please share....thank you!

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If it's was deleted from your computer, try looking in the trash can and recover it.
If deleted from your phone, I hope you had a backup somewhere!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze