06-30-2017 09:49 PM
99 1234
tools
    Pretty sure the ban is over but if it isn't a us branded phone then att or T-Mobile will accept a unlocked phone on your account. So it would work with us carriers
    The ban is still in effect, they just relaxed the requirements to read the script on every flight. It's still risking a felony, several hundred dollars in fines and/or an invitation to the no fly list if found with one on a flight. Their allowed response is vastly out of proportion for everything but the worst case scenario, but those options are all there.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-27-2017 06:31 PM
    The ban is still in effect, they just relaxed the requirements to read the script on every flight. It's still risking a felony, several hundred dollars in fines and/or an invitation to the no fly list if found with one on a flight. Their allowed response is vastly out of proportion for everything but the worst case scenario, but those options are all there.

Gotcha, but it most certainly wouldn't be a felony case with it being rereleased. Granted it would still be banned, this would be a different note 7 if called note 7 even. Sure they might tell you that you couldn't fly, which I doubt because most people can't regconize phones. But if they did they could tell you couldn't fly but this wouldn't be the same phone and you could most certainly fight that.

Though I get that this wouldn't be worth the haste to most, but I rarely ever fly so I would be alll over this. lol
    Aquila likes this.
    03-28-2017 04:49 AM
    If they release it with a certifiably tested battery, you can be sure I would pick one up assuming I could actually use it in the usa. After all, before the battery issue arose, it was one of the best phones of all times.
    03-28-2017 04:59 AM
    After all, before the battery issue arose, it was one of the best phones of all times.
    Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?-thumbs_up.jpg
    03-28-2017 09:43 AM
    Fool me once, twice, three times?
    03-28-2017 08:19 PM
    If not for the complications that go along with re-issuing a banned phone, I would grab one (if made available in USA). Loved that phone when I had it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-28-2017 08:56 PM
    When will it be available?
    How much will it cost?
    03-29-2017 01:05 AM
    I am getting one
    03-29-2017 02:05 AM
    I would not buy it now .I'm pretty much over the note 7 and all the drama that came with it.lol Im pretty happy and content with my s7 edge until the note 8 comes out.
    03-29-2017 09:58 AM
    I guess I have to post it every four or five posts! From Samsung!

Samsung stated: "The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact. The product details including the name, technical specification and price range will be announced when the device is available. Samsung will NOT be offering refurbished Galaxy Note 7 devices for RENT OR SALE in the US."
    03-29-2017 12:37 PM
    I can understand them not wanting to sell in the USA.

But how do they reduce and minimize the environmental impact by selling refurbished phones? Most of them will probably wind up in a landfill eventually.
    03-29-2017 12:55 PM
    I can understand them not wanting to sell in the USA.

But how do they reduce and minimize the environmental impact by selling refurbished phones? Most of them will probably wind up in a landfill eventually.
    Recycling parts does that, so does selling a refurbished rather than manufacturing another new one. People are going to buy phones either way; getting them to buy an already existing one is conserving resources.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-29-2017 07:16 PM
    Would you wait and see what the Note 8 has to offer or is the Note 7 good enough for you and you would jump all over it? Keep in mind the Note 7R woud also come with a much lower price tag.

Samsung says the Note 7R will never come to Canada or the US, but who knows for sure¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to see what the Note 8 has to offer first myself.

I would be happy if they just updated the internals with the same Note 7 body and called it a dayツ
    04-25-2017 09:35 AM
    Absolutely not. Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance IMO. Maybe if it was $100, but even then, the S8+ seems to be a better device in every way that isn't an S-Pen. I can definitely wait to see what the Note 8 brings.
    04-25-2017 09:43 AM
    I don't know 'LineKill', I have sworn up and down too many times to count that the Note 7 was the BEST phone I have ever owned. However, I'm going to have to say "No" and wait - like Aquila stated "Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance" and though I would rather say "The worst Smartphone debacle of 2016" because the phone itself was awesome aside from the battery issue!
    LineKill likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:34 PM
    I don't know 'LineKill', I have sworn up and down too many times to count that the Note 7 was the BEST phone I have ever owned. However, I'm going to have to say "No" and wait - like Aquila stated "Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance" and though I would rather say "The worst Smartphone debacle of 2016" because the phone itself was awesome aside from the battery issue!
    I would agree with you, but the battery debacle was part of the device - call it build quality or quality control or whatever, and it just wasn't there. And it sucks, because if that hadn't have happened, that would have been one of the best devices of 2016. I probably would have put it behind the iPhone 7+ and the Pixel XL, but it's right up there with them.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:38 PM
    Would you wait and see what the Note 8 has to offer or is the Note 7 good enough for you and you would jump all over it? Keep in mind the Note 7R woud also come with a much lower price tag.

Samsung says the Note 7R will never come to Canada or the US, but who knows for sure¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to see what the Note 8 has to offer first myself.

I would be happy if they just updated the internals with the same Note 7 body and called it a dayツ
    Sure, why not, I loved that phone, battery issue fixed....bring it own
    04-25-2017 07:54 PM
    Sure, why not, I loved that phone, battery issue fixed....bring it own
    But you'd pay money for it instead of getting one of the many better devices out there?
    04-25-2017 07:57 PM
    But you'd pay money for it instead of getting one of the many better devices out there?
    What many devices are our there that are better, also considering the lower price it would selling for? Or are you talking about the phones yet to be released this year?
    04-25-2017 08:08 PM
    What many devices are our there that are better, also considering the lower price it would selling for? Or are you talking about the phones yet to be released this year?
    Well step 1 is "works in and for sale in the US and won't get you arrested for carrying while traveling". But with or without that requirement:

Pixel XL, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, LG G6, possibly LG V20, possibly OnePlus 3T, depending on your carrier.

Including those unreleased so far... Note 8, iPhone whatever they're going to call it, Moto Z Force 2, Moto Z Play 2, Pixel XL 2, etc, etc.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    04-25-2017 08:17 PM
    Well step 1 is "works in and for sale in the US and won't get you arrested for carrying while traveling". But with or without that requirement:

Pixel XL, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, LG G6, possibly LG V20, possibly OnePlus 3T, depending on your carrier.

Including those unreleased so far... Note 8, iPhone whatever they're going to call it, Moto Z Force 2, Moto Z Play 2, Pixel XL 2, etc, etc.
    It probably will not come to the US, this is just an "if it did" scenario. It will have a designated R for traveling.

I consider the iPhone 7 in a different class of phone, it may be better in some ways, but I prefer Android. I don't think it is better than any of the other current phones. The S8 being the closest, but I would rather have the Note 7 than the S8, just my preferenceツ

Yes, any unreleased phones should be better👍
    04-25-2017 08:29 PM
    It would be something to consider if the price is right. But not right now. I waiting for the Note 8.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-25-2017 09:00 PM
    In November this would have been a more interesting question IMO
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-25-2017 09:02 PM
    It would be something to consider if the price is right. But not right now. I waiting for the Note 8.
    It won't even be any competition for the Note 8. I am sure that some people would benefit if the Note 7 was released here, but not myselfツ
    04-25-2017 09:09 PM
    In November this would have been a more interesting question IMO
    It wouldn't have been a refurbished unit then and would have been a completely different conversation, but I hear you.
    04-25-2017 09:12 PM
99 1234