Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Import a phone that won't work on any carrier and can't be traveled with? Nah.

Pretty sure the ban is over but if it isn't a us branded phone then att or T-Mobile will accept a unlocked phone on your account. So it would work with us carriers

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure the ban is over but if it isn't a us branded phone then att or T-Mobile will accept a unlocked phone on your account. So it would work with us carriers
The ban is still in effect, they just relaxed the requirements to read the script on every flight. It's still risking a felony, several hundred dollars in fines and/or an invitation to the no fly list if found with one on a flight. Their allowed response is vastly out of proportion for everything but the worst case scenario, but those options are all there.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

The ban is still in effect, they just relaxed the requirements to read the script on every flight. It's still risking a felony, several hundred dollars in fines and/or an invitation to the no fly list if found with one on a flight. Their allowed response is vastly out of proportion for everything but the worst case scenario, but those options are all there.

Gotcha, but it most certainly wouldn't be a felony case with it being rereleased. Granted it would still be banned, this would be a different note 7 if called note 7 even. Sure they might tell you that you couldn't fly, which I doubt because most people can't regconize phones. But if they did they could tell you couldn't fly but this wouldn't be the same phone and you could most certainly fight that.

Though I get that this wouldn't be worth the haste to most, but I rarely ever fly so I would be alll over this. lol

Goldfinger321

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

If they release it with a certifiably tested battery, you can be sure I would pick one up assuming I could actually use it in the usa. After all, before the battery issue arose, it was one of the best phones of all times.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

If not for the complications that go along with re-issuing a banned phone, I would grab one (if made available in USA). Loved that phone when I had it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I would not buy it now .I'm pretty much over the note 7 and all the drama that came with it.lol Im pretty happy and content with my s7 edge until the note 8 comes out.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I guess I have to post it every four or five posts! From Samsung!

Samsung stated: "The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact. The product details including the name, technical specification and price range will be announced when the device is available. Samsung will NOT be offering refurbished Galaxy Note 7 devices for RENT OR SALE in the US."

Goldfinger321

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I can understand them not wanting to sell in the USA.

But how do they reduce and minimize the environmental impact by selling refurbished phones? Most of them will probably wind up in a landfill eventually.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I can understand them not wanting to sell in the USA.

But how do they reduce and minimize the environmental impact by selling refurbished phones? Most of them will probably wind up in a landfill eventually.
Recycling parts does that, so does selling a refurbished rather than manufacturing another new one. People are going to buy phones either way; getting them to buy an already existing one is conserving resources.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Would you wait and see what the Note 8 has to offer or is the Note 7 good enough for you and you would jump all over it? Keep in mind the Note 7R woud also come with a much lower price tag.

Samsung says the Note 7R will never come to Canada or the US, but who knows for sure¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to see what the Note 8 has to offer first myself.

I would be happy if they just updated the internals with the same Note 7 body and called it a dayツ

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance IMO. Maybe if it was $100, but even then, the S8+ seems to be a better device in every way that isn't an S-Pen. I can definitely wait to see what the Note 8 brings.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know 'LineKill', I have sworn up and down too many times to count that the Note 7 was the BEST phone I have ever owned. However, I'm going to have to say "No" and wait - like Aquila stated "Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance" and though I would rather say "The worst Smartphone debacle of 2016" because the phone itself was awesome aside from the battery issue!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000