Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't agree the S8 has more... the S8 is a Note 7 minus the pen features including Note taking on lock screen. If you have no use for the pen then I would say it's not worth it then but for me I'd love have that feature. Smaller battery and SD 820 but I can't imagine if being worse than the S8 at 3000 mah. Also for CNY 3,599 ($522 US) if really being sold in China... Cheaper than the S8 or G6... the Note 7R would definitely keep me entertained for at least a year and hold off on the Note 8 until this time next year. I'm afraid the Note 8 would be monstrous at 6.4" display and over $1k.

For die hard Note fans it might be ok. But from a technological view? It is last years tech.......for the price you can get so much from today's phones like the OPO 3t for the same price.
I would def hold off getting the Note 7r when the Note 8 is just a few months away.
Then with the smaller battery performance is going to suffer. Did they do anything else to throttle it?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still googling for more info so not sure of any throttling. I'm going to guess no. Has Nougat out of box. This site says two variants... one in 3500 mah size. It's still an interesting thought if really is selling in China only because I have family there right now but not even sure if I could get one. For $522 I feel for the specs it is ok. You can't get a pen phone elsewhere (I know LG sells one) and again the Note 8 will probably be over $1K. SD820 but honestly is the S8 really much faster? Doesn't seem much faster than G6. I'm guessing most 835s coming out soon will be faster due to cleaner UI.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...y-note-7r-is-now-on-sale-in-china-375941.html

For die hard Note fans it might be ok. But from a technological view? It is last years tech.......for the price you can get so much from today's phones like the OPO 3t for the same price.
I would def hold off getting the Note 7r when the Note 8 is just a few months away.
Then with the smaller battery performance is going to suffer. Did they do anything else to throttle it?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still googling for more info so not sure of any throttling. I'm going to guess no. Has Nougat out of box. This site says two variants... one in 3500 mah size. It's still an interesting thought if really is selling in China only because I have family there right now but not even sure if I could get one. For $522 I feel for the specs it is ok (People were still buying Note 5s for that price still). You can't get a pen phone elsewhere (I know LG sells one) and again the Note 8 will probably be over $1K.

Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7R is now on sale in China – Tech2

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Still googling for more info so not sure of any throttling. I'm going to guess no. Has Nougat out of box. This site says two variants... one in 3500 mah size. It's still an interesting thought if really is selling in China only because I have family there right now but not even sure if I could get one. For $522 I feel for the specs it is ok. You can't get a pen phone elsewhere (I know LG sells one) and again the Note 8 will probably be over $1K.

Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7R is now on sale in China – Tech2
Great point about the S-Pen......cant get one with it anywhere else :)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah and I edited my reply above but was mentioning when the Notes were being recalled, people were trying to find Note 5s and Samsung Refurb site was selling them for that much. I'll have to see how real this China selling is though.

Great point about the S-Pen......cant get one with it anywhere else :)

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

I'f they sold one that worked on Verizon in the U.S. I would 100% buy it if it was priced at $350 and would consider buying it if at $400 but these rumored prices I have been seeing are too high for me to purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
...doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, now does it???
aad88aec3cfb80446db171600e25b053.jpg

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

As someone who almost got stuck mid trip with my Note 7 wondering if I'd be allowed to board the plane to get the thing home with me I don't think I'd get one just because even though it would be an awesome phone and perfectly safe the second looks wouldn't be worth it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I would. I actually like the design and size over the S8 Plus. More symmetrical, bigger, wider display, S Pen. Just that airlines banned the phone so I wouldn't be able to travel with it.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've flown on at least a half-dozen domestic trips this year. I use my Note 5 in an Otterbox Commuter, and the US airlines have not one time asked me if my phone is one of the banned models.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan