Galaxy Note 7 owners should get an early upgrade for the Note 7

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I endured the note 7 fiasco returned the phone Twice. So it's only fair Samsung get in contact with our carriers to allow us to upgrade early for example myself as I'm stuck with a Galaxy 8plus. I would love to have the note 8. I've had every note since the 2nd one came out. How about starting a petition to make this happen?

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It isn't going to go anywhere. You already got $100 in credits after all the return fiasco and if you trade in your current device you get up to $485 towards the note 8. You're not gonna get anymore special treatment but I'm sure Samsung thanks you for being a loyal customer. I think what they offered was fair, nobody wins. They took a huge reputation and financial hit and we also took at hit. Nobody wins in this situation.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I endured the note 7 fiasco returned the phone Twice. So it's only fair Samsung get in contact with our carriers to allow us to upgrade early for example myself as I'm stuck with a Galaxy 8plus. I would love to have the note 8. I've had every note since the 2nd one came out. How about starting a petition to make this happen?
From what I've seen of the Note 8, not excited. "Improvements" not as good as Note 7. I'm still mad they forced me to give up a perfectly fine perfect phone. Edge will have to live with me another year.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Are y'all aware (cause I was not) that you can buy the refurbished 7 now under the name Galaxy note fan edition? As it is now, guess I'll get the 8 but I'd have bought one of those had I known.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are y'all aware (cause I was not) that you can buy the refurbished 7 now under the name Galaxy note fan edition? As it is now, guess I'll get the 8 but I'd have bought one of those had I known.

The FE was pretty widely discussed here and on multiple places, though not available in the USA.

If you want to and can get it though, i would do so, and cancel the note 8 order.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Everyone has a different definition of fair bit legally, they are only required to give you a full refund. They did that and gave everyone a little more. So they did beyond their legal requirement.

They are also helping out those who bought the note 7 and then bought something else by paying up to $425 for trading in your old phone. Assuming that you turned in your note 7 in August or early September 2016, you should have paid off about half of the phone by now if on 24 month payment plan. Samsung will pay off the remaining half, which should be around $425 assuming that you got the s7 edge or similar.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The FE was pretty widely discussed here and on multiple places, though not available in the USA.

If you want to and can get it though, i would do so, and cancel the note 8 order.
Yeah, I had to bow out of the phone chat for a while so I would be content with what I ended up with. I joined the forum about the LG V20 which I have grown to love, but I still feel as if someone had taken one of my appendages away without having the pen. I have tiny hands but when I try to write on a screen shot, it's a swath of crayon color blocking out whoever I'm talking about. (My children and I pretty much communicate thru screenshots... Sad world). Anyway, I missed the discussion about it so I'm sorry for bringing old news to the table. I haven't pre ordered yet but I likely will. The only thing that concerns me is bigger phone and smaller battery. And I've not yet been able to watch all the unpack videos but I've been saying ever since I gave up my last one that when the new one dropped, I would get it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has a different definition of fair bit legally, they are only required to give you a full refund. They did that and gave everyone a little more. So they did beyond their legal requirement.

They are also helping out those who bought the note 7 and then bought something else by paying up to $425 for trading in your old phone.

Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci