Verizon stops samsung early upgrade right before official recall

xbern612

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe I have a legitimate argument which deserves some validation from Verizon. A while ago, I was reviewing the Verizon upgrade program after the Note 7 recall and noticed that my wife was still eligible for the Samsung upgrade program.* That was when I realized that I wasn't. I then began reviewing the Note 7 recall timeline. I find it peculiar that Verizon stop the program right before the official recall, and then reinstated the program when the S8 came out.

Aug. 19:*Samsung starts Galaxy Note 7 sales in 10 markets including United States and South Korea.

Sept. 2:*Samsung announces global recall

Sept. 9:*U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission urges Galaxy Note 7 users to stop using their Note 7

Sept 10 last day to be eligible for annually upgrade
To participate, you need to have:

Purchased and activated an eligible Samsung device on a Verizon Wireless device payment agreement. Eligible devices:Galaxy S8, and S8+Galaxy S7 and S7 edge purchased on or beforeSeptember 10, 2016

Sept. 15:*U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission formally announces recall

xbern612

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Verizon made it so people who had to trade there note 7 in for a s7 edge were not eligible for the annual upgrade program

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup I'm in the same boat, i can't upgrade because I got stuck with an S7 edge..which sucks because I cannot participate in the deal Samsung and Verizon is doing..

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Even if you had the 50% upgrade option, you would still need to pay the device off for Samsung or Verizons trade in discount.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
True, but I would at least get a chance to upgrade even if I don't get the discount. What bothers me is that Verizon told me that this crappy S7 edge that I had to settle for was elegible for a yearly upgrade, and now they seem that they forgot. If they knew that they weren't going to honor that at least let costumers know to get a cheap phone and not lie to them just to make them sign a contract

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12