Hello there,
    I have a cabin way up north and don't actually have electricity (use a generator), so I don't have any wifi or internet sort of things. I do have a Verizon Unlimited plan and a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a mobile hotspot. The television is not a smart TV. I also have a laptop I take with me there.
    How can i use my phone to access things to watch on tv? I have a chromecast, but i need a wifi for that which I do not have there.
    Any ideas on how to get this to work?
    The things that I have tried are the chromecast, and I had a router to try to hook up to get the chromecast to work, but that did not work either. I was trying to find something, a cable or whatever, to hook from the phone to the HDMI on the tv, but the guy at Radio Shack didn't know of anything.
    So, anything someone has to suggest that I can try out would be great. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something until I know what will work.
    Thanks a million!
    Scwerl
    10-09-2018 06:27 PM
    As of Nougat, MHL was removed from the S7, so you can't use a cable, you have to use a Wifi solution. And I don't know of any solution that doesn't require internet access when the adapter is in use.
    10-10-2018 01:12 PM