Register your device for $25 Google Play credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the credit does not apply to AT&T version of the Note 8 as the credit application page requires a HEX/IMEI number which the AT&T Note 8 doesn't have either on the box, on the device, or in the software device info.

msmo81

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
All I got was a e-coupon for 50% off a Samsung accessory 49.99 or less that I only have 90 days to use . I was super salty that I didn't get the credit. Did this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
All I got was a e-coupon for 50% off a Samsung accessory 49.99 or less that I only have 90 days to use . I was super salty that I didn't get the credit. Did this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
you just registered it via samsung.com

you need to register it at the special link provided earlier in this thread

here it is again Our Gift to You

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I have this figured out. I bought my Note 8 yesterday. When I initially registered my Note on the device I thought everything went fine. I set up a new Samsung account since I've never had one before. I got an email confirmation that I'd registered my Note 8. However when I tried to log in to my account on Samsung.com on my computer just now, it said there was no password associated with my Samsung account. I clicked Forgot Password and instantly received a new password. Then I logged in to my account, still on the computer, under my registered devices it listed only the GT-N5110ZWBXAR which is a Galaxy Tab that I've never owned. I know for a fact I picked the correct model number during registration on the device and I received a confirmation that I'd registered my Note 8. But anyway, I clicked the button "Register A Product" and re-entered my Note 8 information. It went through, I received email confirmation again that I registered my Note 8 but this time the Note 8 actually appeared in my devices under my account. Then I Googled the "note 8 perks" website and entered my information there again. About 1 minute after I hit "Submit" I had the email to redeem $25 Google Play credit.

To summarize:

1. Log in to your Samsung Account on a computer (may work from the Note but I wanted to take it out of the equation)
2. Register your Note 8
3. Verify your CORRECT model number Note 8 has been added to your registered devices
4. Go to the Perks Website
5. Use the Samsung Account you just registered your Note 8 with
6. Enter your information, serial number and MAC address (capital letters, no colons)

This worked for me, I hope it works for you! :)

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I have this figured out. I bought my Note 8 yesterday. When I initially registered my Note on the device I thought everything went fine. I set up a new Samsung account since I've never had one before. I got an email confirmation that I'd registered my Note 8. However when I tried to log in to my account on Samsung.com on my computer just now, it said there was no password associated with my Samsung account. I clicked Forgot Password and instantly received a new password. Then I logged in to my account, still on the computer, under my registered devices it listed only the GT-N5110ZWBXAR which is a Galaxy Tab that I've never owned. I know for a fact I picked the correct model number during registration on the device and I received a confirmation that I'd registered my Note 8. But anyway, I clicked the button "Register A Product" and re-entered my Note 8 information. It went through, I received email confirmation again that I registered my Note 8 but this time the Note 8 actually appeared in my devices under my account. Then I Googled the "note 8 perks" website and entered my information there again. About 1 minute after I hit "Submit" I had the email to redeem $25 Google Play credit.

To summarize:

1. Log in to your Samsung Account on a computer (may work from the Note but I wanted to take it out of the equation)
2. Register your Note 8
3. Verify your CORRECT model number Note 8 has been added to your registered devices
4. Go to the Perks Website
5. Use the Samsung Account you just registered your Note 8 with
6. Enter your information, serial number and MAC address (capital letters, no colons)

This worked for me, I hope it works for you! :)

Seems that may be what is happening to me... been getting the runaround about the $25 Play credit for almost 2 weeks, an hour on the phone each time I call, and getting nowhere. In the meantime, I got an accessories discount code via email and the code was invalid when I tried to use it. When I looked again at the email, I noticed that a model number and serial number were listed, so I compared them and they were not a match. Indeed, the model # is the BXAR as you related.

I have repeatedly told the Reps that I felt these 2 issues were connected, however these 2 promos are handled by 2 different departments and neither knows what the other is doing. Based on your story, it appears I was right. I will try to re-register again in the morning and report back... Thanks so much for sharing your experience, crossing fingers!

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Seems that may be what is happening to me... been getting the runaround about the $25 Play credit for almost 2 weeks, an hour on the phone each time I call, and getting nowhere. In the meantime, I got an accessories discount code via email and the code was invalid when I tried to use it. When I looked again at the email, I noticed that a model number and serial number were listed, so I compared them and they were not a match. Indeed, the model # is the BXAR as you related.

I have repeatedly told the Reps that I felt these 2 issues were connected, however these 2 promos are handled by 2 different departments and neither knows what the other is doing. Based on your story, it appears I was right. I will try to re-register again in the morning and report back... Thanks so much for sharing your experience, crossing fingers!

I hope it works for you!

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I hope it works for you!

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

It worked!!!

Thanks again for posting this; never in a million years would I have thought to re-register since I already had done so. It didn't fix the discount coupon issue (so far) but I got the Google credit email immediately.

Another bit of good news, I got a reply on twitter this morning from someone who actually sounded sincere, oh happy day! She said to expect a phone call today or tomorrow, and since this day is done, hopefully tomorrow. I also got a satisfaction survey follow-up call from Samsung asking about my customer service experience and gave them an earful. I won't get back with their twitter account until I receive the phone call though because as much as your info helped me, I'd like to pay that forward and get them to fix their system before someone else goes through the same 2-week nightmare I just did. :confused:

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It worked!!!

Thanks again for posting this; never in a million years would I have thought to re-register since I already had done so. It didn't fix the discount coupon issue (so far) but I got the Google credit email immediately.

Another bit of good news, I got a reply on twitter this morning from someone who actually sounded sincere, oh happy day! She said to expect a phone call today or tomorrow, and since this day is done, hopefully tomorrow. I also got a satisfaction survey follow-up call from Samsung asking about my customer service experience and gave them an earful. I won't get back with their twitter account until I receive the phone call though because as much as your info helped me, I'd like to pay that forward and get them to fix their system before someone else goes through the same 2-week nightmare I just did. :confused:

Wonderful! I'm glad I could help. :) Hopefully they straighten out your coupon code for you. I never got that offer but I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just be happy with the Google Play credit.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really that worried about it either from the $ standpoint as their stuff is overpriced even with the discount, but if that was in any way connected to the problem I (we) had, they should know about it... plus it's a matter of principle and I'm a bit of a bulldog when it comes to that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.