I bought my note 8 a few days ago - and its everything I was looking for in terms of speed, size and use with the S Pen. My only problem is it keeps rebooting on occasion, several times/day. There's nothing in terms of boards to help as the product is new. Other note products seem to have this problem, mainly due to software compatibility issues - wifi, AT&T apps being the biggest 2.

Has anyone had these problems? I want to be able to return this if I have to - still have 12 days, but I'd really like to keep it bc except for this I love the tablet.

I've just factory reset and will run without any downloaded apps for a while to see if this still continues. Any suggestions?

Add - I factory reset and only signed into samsung, dropbox and one google account - no app downloads at all. Just rebooted. Seems like I should return and exchange?

UPDATE: Returned the note and got a new one - its working perfectly! Not sure what the problem was...

Thanks!
    04-22-2013 09:07 AM
    I bought my note 8 a few days ago - and its everything I was looking for in terms of speed, size and use with the S Pen. My only problem is it keeps rebooting on occasion, several times/day. There's nothing in terms of boards to help as the product is new. Other note products seem to have this problem, mainly due to software compatibility issues - wifi, AT&T apps being the biggest 2.

Has anyone had these problems? I want to be able to return this if I have to - still have 12 days, but I'd really like to keep it bc except for this I love the tablet.

I've just factory reset and will run without any downloaded apps for a while to see if this still continues. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I haven't faced the issue at all. I think doing a factory reset and avoiding downloading your apps for a while seems to me to be the best way to isolate the issue.
    All the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    psyke45 likes this.
    04-22-2013 09:19 AM
    Sorry to hear you are having issues. I haven't had any unintended reboots of my device and I got mine on launch day.
    04-22-2013 11:15 AM
    There was an update last night that said it was for stability issues. Might want to see if that helps you out.
    04-23-2013 08:14 AM
    Weird, I havent had issues either. None that weren't self-inflicted anyhow. I just started playing with the photo editor app. For a free app its pretty powerful. Now im tempted to go get photoshop or something similiar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-2013 10:06 AM
    I've been having the same issues with no solution. I tried update roms but the problems persists. The note reboots by itself when it's in idle mode.
    05-29-2013 07:27 PM
    if you have warranty for your note.better go to the nearest online store
    05-30-2013 03:32 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue. Probably time to go for warranty replacement.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-31-2013 07:36 AM
    I have the same issue. Rebooting and sometimes shutting down by itself only when its in idle mode. Any solution?
    brecklundin likes this.
    07-08-2013 06:35 PM
    I have the same issue. Rebooting and sometimes shutting down by itself only when its in idle mode. Any solution?
    By idle mode what do you mean? Sleeping? just sitting there powered on doing nothing? Idle seems vague to me. I'm just asking for reference so I can test for the behavior when my N8 arrives, finally.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    07-16-2013 02:13 PM
    Battery tight? Back tight?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-17-2013 03:22 AM
    I had the same and still experiencing the same. One of my Note8 is rebooting by its own...
    However, yet to see the same for the other one.
    11-08-2013 12:32 AM
    I managed to solve this issue. Remove the Micro SD and it works...
    11-08-2013 12:45 AM