In Language input settings, I have Google Voice typing selected. When I open Gmail, and try to enter text I am only given 2 choices: There is a typewriter that appears and right next to the SYM key on the typewriter is a key with a large T and a slanted pen leaning against it, with a tiny microphone in the upper right. If I select it, I get the S Pen page for input with the S pen. On my Galaxy S4, I also have Google Voice typing selected under Language input, but I also, do not get a microphone with Gmail. However, I do get a large microphone icon when I open the text app on the S4 and I can enter text via microphone and voice input.

Am I missing a setting or is there no capability to enter voice to text with Gmail on the Note 8 ? Thanks.

Update: Thanks to a forum member on a different forum, who said that you have to long press the key to get a microphone. When I held the key with the tiny microphone, I got a small popup with the first symbol being the microphone I was looking for. I can now enter text via voice!! Woot.
    06-29-2013 02:48 AM
    And everyone around you hears... Careful what you say.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-2013 11:51 AM