Will the Galaxy Note 8 be updated like the Nexus devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole R

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about getting a Galaxy Note 8. But there's also the Nexus 7...if I got the Note 8, would it always stay at Jelly bean? Since it's a Samsung..

I mean, like would it...ever get an update? I see older samsung tablets in the store that are still running ICS

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If the Note 2 gets updated so will the Note 8. They're extremely similar devices. I seem to remember reading the Note 2 would at least receive 4.3 but that's far from a fact.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about getting a Galaxy Note 8. But there's also the Nexus 7...if I got the Note 8, would it always stay at Jelly bean? Since it's a Samsung..

I mean, like would it...ever get an update? I see older samsung tablets in the store that are still running ICS

To be honest with you, the Note 8 and Nexus 7 are completely different devices with different use cases.

The buyer of the Note 8 is typically interested in the S-pen, and productivity features of the tablet, thus the justifiable higher price point.

If all you need is a tablet for media consumption such as watching movies, reading email or ebooks, and YouTube videos then the Nexus 7 is sufficient.

The Note 8 does all those things, but a whole lot more. The upgrade cycle of Nexus will always be better, but the use case between the two tablets is like night and day.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.