Anyone use the Note 8.0 with wireless mouse?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Now that I'm sure about getting the note, I want to make sure I get the best out of it. I'm a college student that might be using this quite heavily, I've already looked for some bluetooth keyboards and now the last thing I want to know is if a wireless mouse works. I have seen videos about this being done but I just want to be sure it's true. I will be getting a micro USB adapter and plugging the mouse through there. So, do any of you use wireless keyboards or mouse? Let me know your set up and how well it works :)

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Why not just get a bluetooth mouse? That would be far easier and you wouldn't need an adapter.

I thought about this but having two bluetooth devices activated on the same time, wouldn't this eat battery up? I also find bluetooth mouse less effective than a wireless one. Also you think it can handle both?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem running 2 Bluetooth devices. Three hours a day with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have used wired, wireless, and Bluetooth mice and find that all three are equally responsive and accurate. After using a Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000) I would never go back to wireless or wired. The only device I have found more accurate than the BT mouse is an expensive drawing pad used by artists and draftsmen.

In my experience three hours running a BT keyboard and BT mouse while running a spreadsheet program and actively working on spreadsheets is actually good battery life for the size of the Note 8 battery. In addition, whether you run the BT radio for a keyboard and a WiFi radio for the mouse or any other combination you are still powering at least one radio in the Note 8 to run both devices. So unless the WiFi radio draws significantly less power than the BT radio the power saving is non-existent..

Just my 2Cents

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have used wired, wireless, and Bluetooth mice and find that all three are equally responsive and accurate. After using a Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000) I would never go back to wireless or wired. The only device I have found more accurate than the BT mouse is an expensive drawing pad used by artists and draftsmen.

In my experience three hours running a BT keyboard and BT mouse while running a spreadsheet program and actively working on spreadsheets is actually good battery life for the size of the Note 8 battery. In addition, whether you run the BT radio for a keyboard and a WiFi radio for the mouse or any other combination you are still powering at least one radio in the Note 8 to run both devices. So unless the WiFi radio draws significantly less power than the BT radio the power saving is non-existent..

Just my 2Cents

Thanks! I actually just ordered the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse and I can't wait to get this thing.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Gear Head BT mouse with the Samsung Note 10.1 (the Note 10.1 resides in its OEM Keyboard Dock/Charger). Haven't tried it with the Note 8.0 but suspect it would work fine and be as responsive as it is with the 10.1.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes us an MS Comfort woman...errr...Comfort mouse and bluetooth keyboard. It works suprisingly well.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci