Now that I'm sure about getting the note, I want to make sure I get the best out of it. I'm a college student that might be using this quite heavily, I've already looked for some bluetooth keyboards and now the last thing I want to know is if a wireless mouse works. I have seen videos about this being done but I just want to be sure it's true. I will be getting a micro USB adapter and plugging the mouse through there. So, do any of you use wireless keyboards or mouse? Let me know your set up and how well it works
    08-04-2013 05:57 PM
    Why not just get a bluetooth mouse? That would be far easier and you wouldn't need an adapter.
    08-04-2013 07:03 PM
    Why not just get a bluetooth mouse? That would be far easier and you wouldn't need an adapter.
    I thought about this but having two bluetooth devices activated on the same time, wouldn't this eat battery up? I also find bluetooth mouse less effective than a wireless one. Also you think it can handle both?
    08-04-2013 07:51 PM
    Not a problem running 2 Bluetooth devices. Three hours a day with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    08-05-2013 03:07 AM
    Not a problem running 2 Bluetooth devices. Three hours a day with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

You get three hours a day with both on?
    08-05-2013 03:08 AM
    Yep, sure do and Spreadsheet to Go running on the Note.

08-05-2013 03:16 AM
    Yep, sure do and Spreadsheet to Go running on the Note.

That's pretty bad battery life..
    08-05-2013 03:19 AM
    The battery life on both the Note 8/10.1 is excellent.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
    08-05-2013 03:42 AM
    I have used wired, wireless, and Bluetooth mice and find that all three are equally responsive and accurate. After using a Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000) I would never go back to wireless or wired. The only device I have found more accurate than the BT mouse is an expensive drawing pad used by artists and draftsmen.

In my experience three hours running a BT keyboard and BT mouse while running a spreadsheet program and actively working on spreadsheets is actually good battery life for the size of the Note 8 battery. In addition, whether you run the BT radio for a keyboard and a WiFi radio for the mouse or any other combination you are still powering at least one radio in the Note 8 to run both devices. So unless the WiFi radio draws significantly less power than the BT radio the power saving is non-existent..

Just my 2Cents
    08-06-2013 02:34 PM
    I have used wired, wireless, and Bluetooth mice and find that all three are equally responsive and accurate. After using a Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000) I would never go back to wireless or wired. The only device I have found more accurate than the BT mouse is an expensive drawing pad used by artists and draftsmen.

In my experience three hours running a BT keyboard and BT mouse while running a spreadsheet program and actively working on spreadsheets is actually good battery life for the size of the Note 8 battery. In addition, whether you run the BT radio for a keyboard and a WiFi radio for the mouse or any other combination you are still powering at least one radio in the Note 8 to run both devices. So unless the WiFi radio draws significantly less power than the BT radio the power saving is non-existent..

Just my 2Cents
    Thanks! I actually just ordered the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse and I can't wait to get this thing.
    08-06-2013 03:40 PM
    I'm using a Gear Head BT mouse with the Samsung Note 10.1 (the Note 10.1 resides in its OEM Keyboard Dock/Charger). Haven't tried it with the Note 8.0 but suspect it would work fine and be as responsive as it is with the 10.1.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    08-06-2013 09:27 PM
    I sometimes us an MS Comfort woman...errr...Comfort mouse and bluetooth keyboard. It works suprisingly well.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE
    08-06-2013 09:43 PM
    I use the Microsoft mouse and it works very well with a wide range of devices.

08-07-2013 05:12 AM