Package File Invalid (When updating apps)

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody got this message when updating apps or when installing new apps? Starting to get this message alot when updating apps this week.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Char98

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am getting error 497, package file is invalid. This was for a purchased app. I have also encountered error messges when trying to update some apps this week. I have rebooted device, cleared data and cache from google play store and download managers. This still does not help. I have contacted tech support from my purchased app. Hope to find a solution or alternate site to download my app!

Char98

May 23, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE! I corrected the problem. Woo hoo! I cleared the cache and data for google play services and again for google play store. Then I rebooted the note 8. My application finally downloaded along with some other updates with the same issue. The problem may be due to the latest play store update 4.x.10. There are several references to this problem online.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on my HTC One. I removed my Google Account, rebooted the phone and then added the Google account back. That worked like a charm.