Hi everyone! I recently rooted and flashed the Cyanogenmod 10.2 onto my SAMSUNG NOTE 8 WI-FI device. And I just realized now that I want to just keep my status back to its original firmware.
    I also noticed that under the 'About Device' heading in my 'Settings' menu, the devices 'Status' says CUSTOM. And this will not allow me to get official software updates and so I want to just go back how to it normally was before. Can anyone please help me on how I can go on about this? I've read upon TriangleAway but I don't know how it will help me and how I am supposed to use it.

Right now I'm downloading a Stock firmware from Sammobile, for GT-N5110 Android 4.1.2. (Problem is that a North America version isn't on there so I just downloaded whatever matched my device number)
    I'm planning on first using triangle away to reset the flash counter then go into recovery mode and then wipe all data on the device
    then i plan on flashing the stock firmware on my device with odin 1.85.
    should accomplishing all of this return my device status back to 'official' instead of 'custom'? (returning to stock firmware)
    08-17-2013 03:30 PM
    Nevermind. Solved it all on my goddamn own. This is my first android device, and i shouldn't have messed around with flashing roms on it in the first place. Yay for internet guides.
    brecklundin likes this.
    08-17-2013 04:45 PM