10-24-2014 11:51 PM
71 123
tools
    I'm having exactly the same problem. My Note 8.0 automatically updated to Andriod 4.2.2 and now the multi window function is greyed out and won't work. Similarly, the weather app is broken and won't pick up my city.
    Go to Setting> Change the HOME SETTING SCREEN to standard..and voila multi windows works as usual.
    01-04-2014 10:57 AM
    I had the same problem-lost the weather element from home screen after update. Found it in Widgets & dropped it back on to home screen. Hope this helps.
    01-07-2014 02:17 PM
    Multi window works fine on note 8. You guys really need to learn how to use your tablets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 08:10 PM

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    01-07-2014 08:18 PM
    I have the samsung galaxy note 8.0 the wifi one and since the upgrade I also have lost my multifunction it is greyed out and for you to say we should know how to use our tablets I think it is very nasty of you to say that as I have tried everything except re-installing which I am not very happy to do so how did you sort it out as I would be very pleased if you could advise me what to do.
    01-26-2014 02:17 PM
    I have the samsung galaxy note 8.0 the wifi one and since the upgrade I also have lost my multifunction it is greyed out and for you to say we should know how to use our tablets I think it is very nasty of you to say that as I have tried everything except re-installing which I am not very happy to do so how did you sort it out as I would be very pleased if you could advise me what to do.
    I hate to say it, the only way I got it back was to do the factory reset. I hated having to do this after sending mine in for repair and then finally getting a replacement. In total I think I did 5 resets, it got easier each time. I never found anything on this forum that had a simpler cure. I hate resets as much as anyone but look on the bright side, it gives you the inspiration to clean up your home screens and remove(or don't put back) what you don't use. I agree with you, there is no point in getting nasty with frustrated users that are looking for help, if theirs works good for them, it is not the case for everyone.
    01-26-2014 08:04 PM
    Cant find that setting. Where is it?
    Go to Setting> Change the HOME SETTING SCREEN to standard..and voila multi windows works as usual.
    01-26-2014 10:38 PM
    I did what you said but it didn't work for me , I am really upset about this happening as I bought this for the multifunction and for this to happen just because of the update I think it is really bad.
    01-27-2014 04:22 AM
    Setting screen mode to Standard didn't work for me either. Whats the latest on this Multi Window issue, any fixes coming; ie any idea when the next Android update might be? I also can't get Chrome to open, which may be something other than 4.2.2 issue, I'm new to Android and Note 8. Maybe its a setup issue? Should I / can I use Firefox or other browser?
    Thanks!
    01-27-2014 11:32 AM
    Nothing works but the factory reset. Ive had my tab about aweek so didnt lose data but some settings. So far seems all is now well. Multi windows and 4.2.2 restored. I took a photo of my various desktops sk just have to put back.
    Bernie7 likes this.
    01-27-2014 12:06 PM
    There's a plethora of browsers incluxing some that will do flash. Just go to the playstore. Re chrome just uninstall it in settings and reinstall in playstore shud solve problem.

Setting screen mode to Standard didn't work for me either. Whats the latest on this Multi Window issue, any fixes coming; ie any idea when the next Android update might be? I also can't get Chrome to open, which may be something other than 4.2.2 issue, I'm new to Android and Note 8. Maybe its a setup issue? Should I / can I use Firefox or other browser?
    Thanks!
    01-27-2014 04:10 PM
    Does anyone know how to shut-off the auto update feature so my Note 8 will Not keep forcing me to try and update to 4.2.2? It's really annoying since, apparently, this will ruin my multi-window function. I'm currently running the version it came with: Android 4.1.2. Thanks!
    01-27-2014 10:12 PM
    Just got the galaxy note 8.0 about 10 days ago. After the recent android update same issues as others. No side bar and multi screen is greyed out. Other day viewing this website parts of website/screen was blacked out. Also was trying to email.. when typing each letter would double. When trying to erase it just kept typing letters until like the 5th or 6th click then would erase. Also update to apps... find that certain ones now do not work period. Black screen and error messages. FUN (sarcastically speaking.) ...I agree with others that samsung should fix their issues and the android issues as well and not have to "rollback." They must know about it but probably say they dont so the company doesn't look bad.. my guess. Doesnt the note 10.1 have a much newer android version? If so, how come its not available on the note 8.0?
    01-30-2014 12:15 PM
    Just got the galaxy note 8.0 about 10 days ago. After the recent android update same issues as others. No side bar and multi screen is greyed out. Other day viewing this website parts of website/screen was blacked out. Also was trying to email.. when typing each letter would double. When trying to erase it just kept typing letters until like the 5th or 6th click then would erase. Also update to apps... find that certain ones now do not work period. Black screen and error messages. FUN (sarcastically speaking.) ...I agree with others that samsung should fix their issues and the android issues as well and not have to "rollback." They must know about it but probably say they dont so the company doesn't look bad.. my guess. Doesnt the note 10.1 have a much newer android version? If so, how come its not available on the note 8.0?
    As I posted earlier in this thread, the dreaded factory reset is the only cure I could find, and it solved the problem. Mine has been working fine since. I have multi-windows and everything else is functioning fine. Truly a pain in the ****, but at least it is cureable.
    01-30-2014 08:42 PM
    Does anyone know how to shut-off the auto update feature so my Note 8 will Not keep forcing me to try and update to 4.2.2? It's really annoying since, apparently, this will ruin my multi-window function. I'm currently running the version it came with: Android 4.1.2. Thanks!
    Can anyone help me with this?
    01-31-2014 12:16 AM
    can someone help me with my problem. yesterday I updated my tablet to Android 4.2.2 and today when I turned it on the screen was damage, i mean, the display, and i didn't make something to damage it. I don't know what to do, so, if someone can help i'll be grateful
    04-26-2014 01:30 PM
    ahh...........i even can't find where is std on in settings
    05-08-2014 11:15 AM
    Before I updated to 4.2.2, I had a preinstalled app called Notes, which was a blue notebook icon. After the update, it wasn't there. Does anyone know where I can restore the Notes app?
    05-09-2014 07:29 PM
    Before I updated to 4.2.2, I had a preinstalled app called Notes, which was a blue notebook icon. After the update, it wasn't there. Does anyone know where I can restore the Notes app?
    Search for an apk file of it and sideload it.
    05-13-2014 12:47 AM
    Hi ,

I had done the same as mentioned above, Thanks its worked ....
    08-24-2014 11:46 PM
    Yup. happened to mine too. just upgraded to 4.2.2.
    and nothing happened even if you touch n hold the back button for 15 minutes...
    any solution ? should i just downgrade it ?
    10-24-2014 11:51 PM
71 123