Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I know my experience may be unique but I've got what seems to be significant lag on my LTE Note 8.0 w/4.1.2. I really "see" it in the keyboard, but its noticeable in many operations. So...it may be time to part w/it if I can't get relief. Has anyone rooted or replaced the Rom on the At&t version that could point me in the direction of some good guides to rooting and installing another Rom. I'm new to this but I'm not quite illiterate. If I can't sucessfully correct this then I'll sell it and take my losses but I've not had it that long and wanted to give it an opportunity to redeem itself.

Thanks.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I know my experience may be unique but I've got what seems to be significant lag on my LTE Note 8.0 w/4.1.2. I really "see" it in the keyboard, but its noticeable in many operations. So...it may be time to part w/it if I can't get relief. Has anyone rooted or replaced the Rom on the At&t version that could point me in the direction of some good guides to rooting and installing another Rom. I'm new to this but I'm not quite illiterate. If I can't sucessfully correct this then I'll sell it and take my losses but I've not had it that long and wanted to give it an opportunity to redeem itself.

Thanks.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

Do you have any other apps or services running in the background? I have the wifi-only model and it honestly doesn't lag at all. Tons of apps installed.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 8.0 via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've disabled some apps and it helps. I still love my Note 8.0, especially compared to this Nexus 7 (though the screen on this is really nice).

Sent from my Nexus 7

arod2051

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I get the keyboard lag/stutter and the touch input has some latency compared to my other tablet. I would love to know if rooting helps a bit with the touch lag/latency/stutter.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of rooting it and putting another ROM on it if I can find some instructions I like.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Tablet "The Sleeper Dohickey?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Note 8 WiFi model, and have noticed some random UI lag. Just went into Developer Options and set Window, Transition, and Animator scales to 0.5x from the default 1.0. Those settings have been helpful on the Note 2 and GS3, and I've seen 0.5x as the default setting in most TW custom ROMs.
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but if not, perhaps it will help for the Note 8.

Posted via Android Central App

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Note 8 WiFi model, and have noticed some random UI lag. Just went into Developer Options and set Window, Transition, and Animator scales to 0.5x from the default 1.0. Those settings have been helpful on the Note 2 and GS3, and I've seen 0.5x as the default setting in most TW custom ROMs.
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but if not, perhaps it will help for the Note 8.

Posted via Android Central App

i turned it off completely and has helped a lot with lagg

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My LTE Note 8.0 will stop responding to input for 3 or 4 seconds at a time. That is not lag, that is something inherently wrong with their devices. I am on my second, both do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I sent mine back the end of August to Samsung. They looked at it and said they had to order a part that won't be in until the end of September. I've been without my Note 8 for several weeks now. Hope whatever they're doing will fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my At&t unit...the unit will just stop responding to input for a few seconds. It is very annoying.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae