Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 MULTIWINDOW / SIDE BAR DISAPPEARED AFTER UPDATE - PLEASE HELP!!

Pa Man

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Multi window is what samsung advertise and part of galaxy note. We should not go backward to earlier version firmware. Samsung should fix it on jell bean 4.2.2. I'm disappointed of samsung service.

anon(8162910)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and I followed the instructions I found here for a factory reset. It went fine - the only thing I lost was part of the notes I had written in my digital agenta. Everything else was recovered.

Posted via Android Central App

RayHff

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone come up with a convenient fix for the lost Multi Window? It seems both absurd and irresponsible that Samsung would expect their users to have to do a complete reset and reload all of their apps.

Jonontrack

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Bad news everyone. I have just downloaded and installed V 4.2.2 and the problem is STILL THERE.
Had to go through the whole factory reset to fix.
It's absolutely unbelievable that Samsung have full knowledge of this problem, and have been too slack to do anything about it.

Yong Zhen Kit

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
my wifi only note 8 has no disappearing problem with it it after update to 4.2.2 . However i realise some apps which were available for multi window before update is not supported any longer like falcon pro.sometimes after reboot device it appears fir multi window again.and if reboot again sometimes it goes missing again.

GeorgeS777

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I went to display option under settings and clicked multi window option off and back on and it started working. I didn't have to do a factory reset to get it working.

Thanks for this. No need for reset, this worked perfectly. Didn't even have to turn the device off and back on!

Retired911

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So are you saying that you did the 4.2.2 update and you still have the Multiwindow?
This is an edit to my own post, I see that it is using 42.2 however a "Software Update" is being requested.
So I am even more confused now as to what is going on. I do know I am not doing the software update till there is a fix, other this is going back to Amazon.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I bit the bullet and did the factory reset, and multi-windows feature is now working. What a pain in the ****. I guess this gives us the inspiration to clean up/reconfigure our home screens :(

Sakela

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for this post! It is exactly what needs to be done when a side bar disappears. It also works for Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

bexs

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I too have just done a factory reset due the multi window function disappearing after doing the software update. I have only had the samsung note 8 a short time and since the reset I'm getting notification to do the software update again. Would love to know if anyone has done the software update again without issue. Otherwise how do you get rid if the notification as I can't seem to clear it.

Braden Buerk

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey
Im having the same exact problem, also the multi window option on the drop down screen is always yellow, not green or grey. Ihave some notes on an ap called wunderlist and im going to ldo the reset but wondering if I should write down my wunderlist notes forst and then replace them. The reset says it will replace all "in-app" data, but im not sure. Also, for games does it replace what you have, for instance built in a ci building game? Thanks

Braden Buerk

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
How you get rid of notifications is this: if it is a notification on the dtop down thing, slide it to the right. Also you could disable notifications in settings then notification center for whatever app it is coming from, if it is coming from an app. Hope this helps.

Braden Buerk

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Or this might work: just wait until the next update and hope that they have fixed it by then. As for the reset though, do I get my pics back after the update? Also does anyone know how long updates generally take to come out? I just got my note 8.0 for christmas

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought one and updated right through each update since it was released with no problems. Worth it to double check that the multi-window is turned on if you're having problems before taking more drastic steps. Probably something easy to forget to check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney