Galaxy Note 8.0 wifi issues

Mcbutters

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the 4.2.2 update. My wifi has been dropping and not connecting to my router. I would charge it overnight and as soon as I turn it on there is no connection. I go into my settings and it shows the wifi as being turned off.
I turn it back on, but it says it can't connect to wifi, but I can see my router's 2.4ghz and 5ghz ssid's. I have to reboot to get it to connect.
.Anyone else having this issue or a fix?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

That definitely sounds like a bug. I'd try temporarily removing security and see if that affects the Note's ability to connect.

Mcbutters

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Still having issues with wifi on my Note 8.0. Seems like when it goes to sleep overnight. It turns the wifi off automatically. I have to go into settings and turn it back on. It then takes a long time to get wifi back on. I sometimes have to close my cover and open it back up for the wifi to go on. Is anyone else having these issues?

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mcbutters,

This probably won't help your "long time to connect" issue, but I think that when I updated mine to 4.2.2, it defaulted back to turning the wifi off when it was asleep. You can change this by going into the wifi settings, tapping the "menu" (not sure what that "soft button" is called at the bottom left of the tab) and choosing "Advanced". You have the choice of "Never", "Only when plugged in" or "Always" for keeping the wifi on during sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital