Inconsistent battery usage chart/history - GN8 following Android 4.2.2 update

EnzoS

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Since the wife's Galaxy Note 8.0 was auto-updated from Android 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 lots of strange/undesireable things have been going on. I've gotten around most of them but there's one that continues to plague us. The battery usage chart (settings/battery) has been inconsistent at best.

We usually let the tablet battery drain down to less than 20% then we shut it off and charge it to 100%. Following removal of the USB charging cable, we use the Note 8.0 in the usual manner...nothing strange or otherwise battery-hogging. If we check the battery usage after a short while (following a full charge), the "screen" doesn't even appear on the list of battery users. If we shut off the tab after only a few minutes use, when restarted, the chart's time "on battery" starts all over again (back to 0 hrs, 0 min, 0 sec) and the "screen" still doesn't appear on the list. If we run it for a couple hours then the screen usage might appear way down the list...below things like "Media server" and "Android System. In all cases, the total percentages displayed add up to 100%.

What the heck???

It worked admirably under the old OS (Android 4.1.2) but now it's a hot mess under 4.2.2. Does something need to be reset or will we have to change our battery charging techniques? Doesn't seem right in either case.

One more thing; the little battery % indicator on the top of the home screen continues to work very well. No issues, very consistent and reliable.

Thank you to all who reply to this thread,

EnzoS

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Since the wife's Galaxy Note 8.0 was auto-updated from Android 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 lots of strange/undesireable things have been going on. I've gotten around most of them but there's one that continues to plague us. The battery usage chart (settings/battery) has been inconsistent at best.

We usually let the tablet battery drain down to less than 20% then we shut it off and charge it to 100%. Following removal of the USB charging cable, we use the Note 8.0 in the usual manner...nothing strange or otherwise battery-hogging. If we check the battery usage after a short while (following a full charge), the "screen" doesn't even appear on the list of battery users. If we shut off the tab after only a few minutes use, when restarted, the chart's time "on battery" starts all over again (back to 0 hrs, 0 min, 0 sec) and the "screen" still doesn't appear on the list. If we run it for a couple hours then the screen usage might appear way down the list...below things like "Media server" and "Android System. In all cases, the total percentages displayed add up to 100%.

What the heck???

It worked admirably under the old OS (Android 4.1.2) but now it's a hot mess under 4.2.2. Does something need to be reset or will we have to change our battery charging techniques? Doesn't seem right in either case.

One more thing; the little battery % indicator on the top of the home screen continues to work very well. No issues, very consistent and reliable.

Thank you to all who reply to this thread,

EnzoS
I know this is prob not what u want to hear but after update l reset device to factory. This cleared up all the little problems l was having.

EnzoS

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You're right; don't want to go through that exercise YET. I've given serious consideration to down-grading the thing back to 4.1.2 as we were very, very happy with the way it looked and performed before the update. As a newby to Android stuff, I take all the blame for letting the OS be auto-updated. I should know better to vet something like that before letting it update without knowing the down sides in advance. If it gets to the point where I just can't tolerate the "improvements", I'm gonna seek help to put it back to Android 4.1.2.

Can't thank you enough for your comments. Looking forward to hearing from others who have issues with 4.2.2.

Regards,

EnzoS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo