I noticed that my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet does not have LED notification like all my other devices! There are occasional blue LED blinks, but they are not reliable and there is no setting for, say, as an example, Gmail.

I went into the Gmail General Settings, nothing regarding LED notification. I went further into each individual gmail account's settings within Gmail, no LED notification settings.

I understand that there are folks who advocate the use of an app for controlling LED notifications, but I'd rather first attempt to see what the native available capabilities are for the Galaxy Note 8.0, as it already has a layer of the Samsung software on TOP of the vanilla Android. My feeling is that less to layer on = less to go wrong/haywire.

May I ask the good folks here for any advice on LED notifications?

Thanks in advance.
    11-07-2013 01:33 PM
    I'm not sure if I got it right. Where would expect the LED on this device? There is simply no LED on it. Except the button background for the menu and the back keys.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 11:25 AM
    Yeah, Mine doesn't have an LED. Not sure where the blue flashes are coming from.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    11-09-2013 05:31 PM
    The LED is at the top left hand side. Mine is blue for the text messages but I set it to blue through the settings in Verizon Messages+. There is an option to turn the LED on/off in display settings but you can't change the colors. It also lights up red once the battery is charged. Also, there is the Edge function which is supposed to illuminate around the perimeter of the phone and you can change the color for that but it doesn't work for most apps. I've only seen it once & that when I was playing music through the native music app. You pretty much have to pay close attention especially if you have your device on vibe. I tried a few different LED apps but to no avail.
    09-08-2017 02:19 AM
    I noticed that my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet does not have LED notification like all my other devices! There are occasional blue LED blinks, but they are not reliable and there is no setting for, say, as an example, Gmail.

I went into the Gmail General Settings, nothing regarding LED notification. I went further into each individual gmail account's settings within Gmail, no LED notification settings.

I understand that there are folks who advocate the use of an app for controlling LED notifications, but I'd rather first attempt to see what the native available capabilities are for the Galaxy Note 8.0, as it already has a layer of the Samsung software on TOP of the vanilla Android. My feeling is that less to layer on = less to go wrong/haywire.

May I ask the good folks here for any advice on LED notifications?

Thanks in advance.
    Just so you know, if you have your notification sound set to silent, the LED will not blink. Not sure how to fix this issue.
    09-21-2017 08:55 PM